Solid state

Schu

Seriously, I don't know how there hasn't been a dedicated tube section here for this long even though I and the majority here are not tube owners.

This thread doesn't appear to be about not having a tube subforum.  is Klipsch advocating only tube amplification?  Is that the new corporate vision of Vox from their marketing department?

Chris

Maybe I read things out of context. The OP mentioned we needed a SS section, which I took as a poke as we needed a few more sub sections. He has a point though as someone will certainly get greased bringing up an SS issue in that section as it is confusing to have a dedicated tube amp section but no general amp section that would have included SS amps.  It seems we have plenty of volunteer Mods to regulate and patrol a few new sections, its not like people are swinging from the lights in this joint. Lord knows we needed a segregated BULLSHIT section that was appropriately named to remind the rest of us that have been around over a decade that we don't post enough and likely don't have enough time on our hands to be a blow hard with multiple posts on a daily fashion. I would welcome more sub sections and I applaud the powers that be for bringing us the new Tube section as PWK's tube heritage deserves it.  

• Like 1

With all of this sectionalization talk it might take me my whole life to find my section among millions designated by age, hearing range, room size, solid state, tubes, heritage, reference, 402's, Deans, ALK's, height, weight, bald, aluminum knees, cars, trucks, operating system, beer brand, etc.

JJK

You guys hear that? It's my head bouncing off my desk.

You could simply rename the new category; "Talkin' Glass and Sand."  

I believe that it may have been some of those epic threads (cables don't have a thing on a good tube vs. solid state debate) that was part of the genesis of the old BS forum. B)

Canadian Garage sale section would be nice too ;)

Well, then you'd have to ask for the admin to insert a link that will automatically calculate the exchange rate, up to the minute....man, that would be hard.

I'm sure we could link an exchange calculator. These days it only needs to go down.

Like many I'm getting worried and not happy as I see some great products slipping out of my potential grasp ie used Belles and/or Palladium P17-bs.

• Like 1

Actually, I would like to know the ratio between Tube and SS amp owners who power their Klipsch's. We would be talking 2 channel, I imagine.

I would guess about 1:10 or maybe less.

Bill

Guest thesloth

You guys are looking at it backwards, or from a Klipsch point of view. I think it's not about how many Klipsch users are using tubes but how many tube amp users use Klipsch. When making the decision to use a valve amp you usually have to pair it with high efficient speakers, and in todays power hungry class D world there are not too many options. This leads people with tube amps to the Klipsch brand. If there is a tube amp catagory people looking for new speakers could easily find specific information regarding the use of Klipsch speakers with tube equipment.

Look from the outside in people ;)  

Edited by thesloth
  • Like 1

Now explain to me again why we had to have a tube-only amplifier subforum, but when a reasonable and "non-upsetting" request to the admin has been made to also have a solid state amplifier forum--and suddenly it's not okay and he can't be bothered because he's always got better things to do?

That appears to be backwards.  Newcomers and visitors already see one subforum without the other.  It does presently appear to me that Voxx is endorsing tube amplifiers only for its Klipsch products.  There are many SS amplifier subjects that need to be discussed for newcomers, ones that I've personally to date not attempted to talk about because the tube guys have historically sniped at those subjects.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot--how about a little reciprocity without all the histrionics or egos getting in the way? :mellow:

Chris 

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 4