Jubilee 53 at work

Scotty H

Buick Grand Nationals and Buick Regal T-Types.

I bought a brand new T-type in '87.  Wife didn't want black so I got one in Rosewood with a maroon interior.  Gorgeous car.  I put a Kenny Belle (spelling?) chip in it, changed the thermostat and gutted the converter.  My gosh that car could fly.  Had to be really careful in the rain.  55 mph on the highway with a little rain and the back end would want to come around when you got on it.  I wish I still had it.

• Like 1

Whomever he spoke with, it's clear that Captain Obvious (me ;) ) had nothing to add to the conversation.  (I did however, tell him he had some nice stuff)

Of course, I can state pretty factually that myself (nor likely Chris) don't know too much about the Jubilee's so I was probably out of bounds showing the stated factory suggestions.

He did after all, speak with an authorized Klipsch employee.

I wonder if he'll ever try them as 2-way since that was PWK's original plan?

KPT-KHJ-LF-Horiz.jpg

KPT-KHJ-LF-Vert.jpg

I'd rather have 100 degrees of horizontal and 60 degrees of vertical coverage from 375-800+ Hz (essentially across the full midrange and midbass band, in fact), instead of 25 degrees and 30 degrees. It sounds a lot better, especially in the crossover band (about +/-1/4 octave from 425 Hz center crossover frequency...assuming 48 dB/octave L-R IIR filters).

Recommending an 800 Hz crossover point, I guess someone must not be too concerned about that issue.

YMMV.

Chris

There sure are a lot of great cars out there. I remembered an episode of the "Generation Gap" on the Motor Trend youtube channel where they were comparing the 1987 Buick GNX to what looked like an ordinary 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle.  However, the Chevelle was actually a rare special order COPO Chevelle with the 427 cid engine, 425 hp and 460 ft-lb torque. 

https://youtu.be/jU8jolmrEaE

When the OP has calmed down, I would be happy to explain why he might not want to cross as high as 800Hz.

First, we need to wait for him to stop insulting everyone before we can have a grown up conversation.

No thanks!

Not looking for advice.

If you see me ask, then you can throw your $0.02 at me.

OK buddy?

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with you.  Don't listen to these guys, Just enjoy your speakers.  This Roy guy they are talking about probably doesn't have a clue about these speakers anyway.