What the Heck are 'Warning Points'?

Wolfbane

Warning points are earned by being naughty.

Warning points are subtracted by.

A: Letting Chad give you an Atomic Wedgie.

B: Letting Chad give you a swift kick in the nvts.

C: 50,000 post counts.

D: Buying new Klipschorns at full retail.

• Like 5

I'm doomed as I'm not down for any of the above. Ever.  :mellow:

• Like 2

Funny Jason, and for the most part, I agree, but your last one is reversed.....Buying new Khorns at full retail actually earns warning points, which are then subtracted if you sell them at a substantial discount here on the forum.

• Like 1

Gents, it's not that hard to find but here's the summary:

• 10 points: the user's subsequent posts are put in a moderation queue to be approved/denied by moderators for the next 10 days.
  • 15 points: the user cannot post at all for the next 10 days.
  • 20 points: the user is suspended for 10 days.
  • 30 points: the user is suspended permanently (banned).

All moderators can award them.  Take one as a shot across the bow to get your attention.  For me, next step is ten, so you should consider it seriously.  After that, all bets are off.  We've been around a long time and our first loyalty is to you, our very real friends.  But we take protection of this Forum dead seriously and will risk collateral damage to protect this place. 

You have no idea what we get in PMs and such from those who cross the line.  It is NOT pleasant and we often wonder why we do it.  But when we see members F2F at Hope and wherever and hug, we remember why.  When we share life, and death, and everything in between, we keep at it.  We are not only always right, we always wonder if there wasn't something we might have done to save a situation.  I am now on final run towards 20k posts. A couple of other Mods are there and others have many thousands.  We talk.  We agonize.  No decision goes unanalyzed.  Think what you will, but we love this place and all of you.

Dave

• Like 4

Gents, it's not that hard to find but here's the summary:

• 10 points: the user's subsequent posts are put in a moderation queue to be approved/denied by moderators for the next 10 days.
  • 15 points: the user cannot post at all for the next 10 days.
  • 20 points: the user is suspended for 10 days.
  • 30 points: the user is suspended permanently (banned).

All moderators can award them.  Take one as a shot across the bow to get your attention.  For me, next step is ten, so you should consider it seriously.  After that, all bets are off.  We've been around a long time and our first loyalty is to you, our very real friends.  But we take protection of this Forum dead seriously and will risk collateral damage to protect this place. 

You have no idea what we get in PMs and such from those who cross the line.  It is NOT pleasant and we often wonder why we do it.  But when we see members F2F at Hope and wherever and hug, we remember why.  When we share life, and death, and everything in between, we keep at it.  We are not only always right, we always wonder if there wasn't something we might have done to save a situation.  I am now on final run towards 20k posts. A couple of other Mods are there and others have many thousands.  We talk.  We agonize.  No decision goes unanalyzed.  Think what you will, but we love this place and all of you.

Dave

Total buzzkill. :blink:

I’d be lousy moderator. On one of my performance reviews back in my military days, the XO wrote that i have “incredible perception.” He said i could read a person accurately. I’ve lost that talent here though…i read people throwing jabs at each other and think “this guy is a jerk.” Then i read a post from the other guy and think, “wait, looks like he’s the jerk.”  

I don’t have the patience either. I try to be cool to people and take a lot before firing back (if i even do); but, i can’t stand rudeness. I just don’t see any value in being rude or being a bully. 

Plus being half hippie, half punk, half rebel, and half Portuguese -- i’m a non-conformist.

Plus, everyone would have to play a musical instrument.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

• Moderators
Wolfbane, on 08 Oct 2015 - 6:16 PM, said:Wolfbane, on 08 Oct 2015 - 6:16 PM, said:

... and why the heck haven't I earned any yet??

I demand a refund of everything its cost to join this place!! :)

It's your choice, we can give you either a full refund or a warning point, just let me know which way you would like to go ? :D

Edit; just thought of it, your a nice guy so if you want you can have both if you like. :emotion-21:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

Wolfbane, on 08 Oct 2015 - 6:16 PM, said:Wolfbane, on 08 Oct 2015 - 6:16 PM, said:

... and why the heck haven't I earned any yet??

I demand a refund of everything its cost to join this place!! :)

It's your choice, we can give you either a full refund or a warning point, just let me know which way you would like to go ? :D

Edit; just thought of it, your a nice guy so if you want you can have both if you like. :emotion-21:

Worse thing ever would be spending a week's sentence in the Klipsch Forum Cooler... forced to watch Yoko Ono dancing and screeching out her last album in an endlessly replayed loop.  :)

• Like 3

I’d be lousy moderator. On one of my performance reviews back in my military days, the XO wrote that i have “incredible perception.” He said i could read a person accurately. I’ve lost that talent here though…i read people throwing jabs at each other and think “this guy is a jerk.” Then i read a post from the other guy and think, “wait, looks like he’s the jerk.”  

I don’t have the patience either. I try to be cool to people and take a lot before firing back (if i even do); but, i can’t stand rudeness. I just don’t see any value in being rude or being a bully. 

Plus being half hippie, half punk, half rebel, and half Portuguese -- i’m a non-conformist.

Plus, everyone would have to play a musical instrument.

"Non Conformist"

Should'nt you be breaching forum etiquette daily :D  

• Like 1