This place was always full of love

BigStewMan

I don't recall this dude -- he must have left before I arrived on  scene.

geekysteve

•  
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 August 2000 - 05:38 AM

My signature is a sign of pure frustration.

Sure, this section of the board has 15,000+ posts but I'd bet that over 60% of those posts are redundant. Look on the main page for any topic and you'll see the same subject discussed several times.

I don't know how the good folks at Klipsch can put up with such stupidity/ignorance. People need to read a little before they get all excited that they're on a bulletin board.

I mean, count the new threads that say "Static"...

Sorry for the harshness, and it won't do any good but I have to try to do something.

------------------
PLEASE SEARCH THE GOD D@MN ARCHIVES BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION 

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

I don't recall this dude -- he must have left before I arrived on  scene.

geekysteve

•  
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 August 2000 - 05:38 AM

My signature is a sign of pure frustration.

Sure, this section of the board has 15,000+ posts but I'd bet that over 60% of those posts are redundant. Look on the main page for any topic and you'll see the same subject discussed several times.

I don't know how the good folks at Klipsch can put up with such stupidity/ignorance. People need to read a little before they get all excited that they're on a bulletin board.

I mean, count the new threads that say "Static"...

Sorry for the harshness, and it won't do any good but I have to try to do something.

------------------

PLEASE SEARCH THE GOD D@MN ARCHIVES BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION 

wow!!!! The same argument can be said about any social media website...

What's awesome about this hobby???? Things do and many times change in favor of what use to be...

I never mind the repeats too much.

Ditto!  So what is a fella/gal would like a little help and is not accustomed to navigating around this site?  Ask away I say!  Those newbies will get the hang of it eventually and hopefully continue to come back, just like I did. 

Belittling another accomplishes nothing.  A little compassion and guidance is beneficial and can certainly make lifelong changes in a person. 

• Like 5

• Moderators

I never mind the repeats too much. I am not sure anything really original is posted 1 of 10. So what? When we are together we discuss the same things. Not surprising he dove out after 35 posts.

Dave

Autonomous cars was original.

The Beatles suck was original.

I suggest contest for most original post.

I am trying to select my entry form these possibilities:

1. Can capacitors make a difference in sound?

2. Can cables improve your system?

3. Which is better, vinyl or CDs?

4. Is global warming real?

5. How do you feel about guns?

6. I have brand new Klipsch _______ will crossover upgrades improve the sound, and which amp will sound the best with those crossovers?

7. How do I perform a search on this forum?

Does anyone know off hand if these have been discussed before? Or should I do a search?

Travis

Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 2

Big Stew man is right to bring this up. GeekySteve is a lost soul. The title is intriguing

Geeky is correct that there is repetition on questions. This might arise because the powers that be set up the subjects long ago and they could use revision. Thank goodness for the pin of crossovers. Still it might work better if there were a K-Horn section, a Belle section, an LS section, and so forth. The tube and s.s. sections are a good move. GeekySteve would have liked it, or it would address his frustration.

But let me point out what is good here. There IS a whole lot of love. (Blush) It goes on in the diverse posts. We don't have a section for prayers for our friends, we don't have a section for descriptions of family health problems, or jobs, or the loss of pets, or I had a bad day.

Rather, these subjects are woven into diverse posts sharing with forum friends over years and decades.

GeekySteve never realized the community here. I suppose he wanted newbies to research technical issues.

But Big Stew's heading got it right.

WMcD

Edited by William F. Gil McDermott
  • Like 3

Big Stew man is right to bring this up. GeekySteve is a lost soul. The title is intriguingGeeky is correct that there is repetition on questions. This might arise because the powers that be set up the subjects long ago and they could use revision. Thank goodness for the pin of crossovers. Still it might work better if there were a K-Horn section, a Belle section, an LS section, and so forth. The tube and ss section is a good move.But let me point out what is good here. There is a whole lot of love. (Blush) It goes on in the diverse posts. We don't have a section for prayers for our friends, we don't have a section for descriptions of family health problems, or jobs, or the loss of pets, or I had a bad day.Rather, these subjects are woven into diverse posts sharing with forum friends.GeekySteve never realized the community here. I suppose he wanted newbies to research, technical issues. But Big Stew's heading got it right.WMcD

There's lots of wisdom here. If we were all to just search the archives for our answers, there wouldn't be much if an active community.

• Like 1

There's lots of wisdom here. If we were all to just search the archives for our answers, there wouldn't be much if an active community.
You mean we’d all just log on and not communicate with each other directly?  Kinda like a marriage?  (says the divorced guy)  :D  
  • Like 2

People ask questions that have been answered elsewhere but this question

is about their "own gear" and that is what makes it important to them.

It also makes the forum "theirs" because you took the time to help them.

They can read about other peoples experiences but they need their own--

kinda like you can tell a teenager about something you did but they

have to find out for themselves.

I've done the same thing---have you?

• Like 1