Khorns signed by PWK

Ave Bona Cornwall

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipschorn-Walnut-Speakers-/141846993234?hash=item2106bd5952:g:TLwAAOSwnH1WZW1b

On Ebay, so no secret.  Walnut oil, I believe from 1990.  I'm not going after them so I thought I'd post here.  Not a bad price at $1,500 now with no bids, but with 8 days left, who knows.  Signed by PWK, so that's something you don't see every day.  No affiliation.

Ok, who is the signature expert in the house?

s-l1600ssd22.jpg

image-5eeervb.jpg

Another that is unknown I just found on Google

klipsch2_copy.jpg

One thing I notice is his dotted eyes are not dots and appear to be more arrow or point like.

Edited by Max2

Why would these have been signed by PWK?  Anyone recognize the signature?  Always just a bit skeptical about these sorts of things.....

PWK signature is as rare as a wet fart!

That's funny Zim.  

$1000 (or less) for K-horns would have more value - to me - than some penmanship, but maybe that is just me.

Debating the authenticity, and potential increase in value, seems futile.

• Like 1

Why would these have been signed by PWK?  Anyone recognize the signature?  Always just a bit skeptical about these sorts of things.....

PWK signature is as rare as a wet fart!

That's funny Zim.  

$1000 (or less) for K-horns would have more value - to me - than some penmanship, but maybe that is just me.

Debating the authenticity, and potential increase in value, seems futile.

There's several thousand people who feel any Khorns for $1000 or less would have more value. In fact, almost everyone would buy a pair for 1k or less, because they could use them or store them until they could find a home for them.

I would pay that for a 2nd pair just so I could stack them and it wouldn't be tweeter to tweeter. 1 problem, my ceilings aren't 9 foot

Those on the Bay are worth $1500 all day IMO

Mark

• Like 4

Those all appear to be the same person performing the signature. Changes in writing will change minute by minute. But the exaggerated P in the second photo post #7 Indicates aggression.

I'll keep thumbing through my handwriting analysis book I have and see if there's anything else fun.

(Here's his exaggerated P again... It would be interesting to feel the paper and see how hard he does the letter P, if it's really aggressive, or just accentuated for looks.)

post-60770-0-22820000-1449719861_thumb.j

Edited by MercedesBerater

This is in the Top hat of my K's.   Been trying to find info behind the dealers labels as someone signed it from the indentions on the paper, but cant say the man himself was holding the pen.

image-5.jpg

There may be more than one Pro Audio Electronics, BUT if that was Pro Audio Electronics in Oakland CA it might have been "the man himself."  He appeared there at least once.  Notice went out to Pro Audio customers so they could show up to meet him.  He also, at various times, appeared at Berkeley Custom Electronics.  Maybe some oldtimer at Klipsch can verify the signature, but I bet he signed it.

This is in the Top hat of my K's.   Been trying to find info behind the dealers labels as someone signed it from the indentions on the paper, but cant say the man himself was holding the pen.

image-5.jpg

There may be more than one Pro Audio Electronics, BUT if that was Pro Audio Electronics in Oakland CA it might have been "the man himself."  He appeared there at least once.  Notice went out to Pro Audio customers so they could show up to meet him.  He also, at various times, appeared at Berkeley Custom Electronics.  Maybe some oldtimer at Klipsch can verify the signature, but I bet he signed it.

The speaker stands I have on my KG 3.0 Signature Series have the same exact signature.