Garage Sale Motives

Zen Traveler

P.S.   I have a matching pair of bent rusty nails for sale.   My asking price is $10,000.00 shipping not included.
will you split them up or must we buy the pair? 

Sorry everyone The bent rusty nails are sold,  And guess what!!    I got my asking price.    Fear not, I will be on the search for more.    Made a pretty good profit.

And I was going to ask if they had sequential serial numbers....too late.

Probably B-stock surplus anyways.

• Like 1

Anymore It seems that I type and erase and then type and erase here.   If I get up from my desk mid length through a post, by the time I get back, I just don't care anymore.  I just don't want to have to respond to the response from my post. Lost of drivel here lately and I just seem to be contributing to it getting caught up in these threads. 

Anymore It seems that I type and erase and then type and erase here. If I get up from my desk mid length through a post, by the time I get back, I just don't care anymore. I just don't want to have to respond to the response from my post. Lost of drivel here lately and I just seem to be contributing to it getting caught up in these threads.

Yep, join the club…

I love thread crapping in my FS posts - it keeps the listing near the top.

I really don't find it offensive to discuss my pricing publicly either, though I typically price my gear to sell, with enough buffer room to cover paypal, shipping, and a little bit of haggle room.

And I sell to the first person that sends me paypal funds. I'll hold an item if someone expresses interest and explicitly states they need a bit more time. I don't stress about sorting through who PM's first vs. public claims, blah blah.

It's really not that difficult guys.

I have sold a few items here usually to folks seeking stuff that happen to live close enough for a rendezvous.  One of those sales was a marvelous experience and the other not so much.  I sold a pair of RF 7's to a newer member and not 2 weeks later he had them back up for sale here for a good deal more $$$.  He was trying to flip them for a quick profit and I nailed his thread to the wall - and he no longer participates here.  I have purchased items here with tremendous satisfaction and real pleasure working with our members.  Recently there's been a thread about a member wanting to get a power conditioner and I happen to have a Balanced Power unit collecting dust in my closet.  I thought about offering to sell the unit but it weighs close to 60 pounds and getting it to the buyer would be very costly.  And.........  when I removed it from my system I learned that it had been the source of a very annoying transformer hum.  I am always looking for something interesting.........  I really do not need anything.  But the buy the better bug still squirms in the grey matter.

• Like 1

I sold a pair of RF 7's to a newer member and not 2 weeks later he had them back up for sale here for a good deal more $$$. He was trying to flip them for a quick profit and I nailed his thread to the wall - and he no longer participates here. I

Of course you are welcome to do whatever you want but after you sold them they are no longer yours. Again, that's not to say I don't understand why you may be upset but...

I sold a pair of RF 7's to a newer member and not 2 weeks later he had them back up for sale here for a good deal more $$$. He was trying to flip them for a quick profit and I nailed his thread to the wall - and he no longer participates here. I

Of course you are welcome to do whatever you want but after you sold them they are no longer yours. Again, that's not to say I don't understand why you may be upset but...

I presume a level of civil decorum here.  We offer members better deals because of this forums camaraderie and to intentionally do something that violates that trust is intensely bad form that deserves to be hammered.  My $0.02.

• Like 4

I would think if someone thinks it's okay to get something on the forum here and then resell it for a profit should have no problem being called out for asking the higher price...I mean if there is no shame in doing this, there shouldn't be any shame in being called for it then...

Bill

Edited by silversport
  • Like 3