Sometimes the joke's on you

Pete H

I also like to blame the media but if Donald saw what you saw on TV (Like he said) then there should be documentation of it...If none is found, I contend he is misremembering something especially since Governor Christy said it didn't happen. {Notice I didn't use the word "lie" and am giving him the benefit of the doubt.}
and i give you credit for that Zen. I wish more people would use such restraint. I read recently about a guy that kept a journal. He said that he had been going back and reading what he wrote 20 years ago. While remembering the events that he wrote about, he was very surprised at how much his memory had changed them because sometimes the details that he wrote about on day one are much different than he remembers them today.  
  • Like 3

I read recently about a guy that kept a journal. He said that he had been going back and reading what he wrote 20 years ago. While remembering the events that he wrote about, he was very surprised at how much his memory had changed them because sometimes the details that he wrote about on day one are much different than he remembers them today.

Funny you say that---I've been putting my political thoughts in writing since the early 1990s and when I go back and read them I find out it's others that seem to misremember facts and the events. :P

• Like 1

Do I think he should have been banned over it,or his messages in private PM's to other members or moderators? No.

Here's an excerpt from the terms of service:

No Abuse of Klipsch Forum messaging systems (PM's, IM's, and email form)
Personal Messaging is provided to the members of the Klipsch Forums as a service intended to enhance the Community experience. The purpose of personal messaging is to allow for discreet conversations to take place between members. This privilege is not to be abused! Solicitation, spamming, or harassment of any kind is strictly forbidden.

Do I think he should have been banned over it,or his messages in private PM's to other members or moderators? No.

Here's an excerpt from the terms of service:

No Abuse of Klipsch Forum messaging systems (PM's, IM's, and email form)

Personal Messaging is provided to the members of the Klipsch Forums as a service intended to enhance the Community experience. The purpose of personal messaging is to allow for discreet conversations to take place between members. This privilege is not to be abused! Solicitation, spamming, or harassment of any kind is strictly forbidden.

Carl, no argument from me on this. I personally though on the receiving end would use my own judgement on reporting it to someone. If it were extremely vile, I'd report it. But someone saying I'm a jerk or an A-Hole I wouldn't.

I also agree we should follow the rules.

My take on Mark is far different.

I have long believed that he doesn't even believe over half the BS he would start.

a perfect example of this was the thread about kitchen knives where he said he did everything with a bread knife, then later, he said he was joking about that.

Mark had stated before that he liked to study human nature.

I have long believed that he liked to stir the pot precisely and intelligently as if he were changing the maze to see where he could direct the mice.

That is my honest, long held belief.

And Jim, Mark had over 29,000 posts.

95-99% of those existed in a forum that you never new existed, nor were you even able to see it.

He would come out on the main forum rarely when he was board and since nobody but those invited could ever see what was posted there, it was largely left unmediated. You only have a very tiny window available to you to understand what he was about.

roger

I was one of the main antagonists of Mark's in any argument we'd dredge up and debate each other over in the BS section.  I rarely ever came into the general forum because even though I like my speakers, I can only talk about them so much.  I was having fun debating politics and philosophy over in BS, and as a long-time, heavy contributor to that section, there is nothing which occurred over there that I saw that would call for banning... except and only except...

Mark threw some kind of conniption-fit, resulting in him demanding to be banned. As hard as it was to watch, the powers that be tried to let him cool-off.  But he pressed and pressed until he came up with the step he knew would get him banned.  He played that card, and he was banned.  That was that.

Sometimes, when people get too heavy into their own philosophical issues, they go a little out of control.  I think that's what was going on... at least , that's the impression I have, though I could have missed something.  In fact, I think I missed something about going to Klipsch's "legal dept."  come to think of it.  I don't know what that was about, but at that point, it had really gone too far.  It was like a wounded cow begging for a bullet.

Edited by Jeff Matthews
  • Like 1

Mark rarely said anything that he didn't mean.

He was especially sensitive regarding IP. I'm convinced he was bent on making a point - things he wrote related to things he thought, and those things belonged to him and him alone.

• Like 1

Carl, no argument from me on this. I personally though on the receiving end would use my own judgement on reporting it to someone. If it were extremely vile, I'd report it. But someone saying I'm a jerk or an A-Hole I wouldn't.

This is one of the ways that forum members can be issued points or banned that doesn't show up on the main forum.  Heck, we had a member banned at an event!  No one that knew what happened had any issue with this action.  Things that happen, that any normal rational person would deem egregious, normally are acted upon by the moderators with some sort of discipline.  Borderline stuff that ends up being a judgment call is normally the ones we get hammered on as everyone looks at situations differently.

• Like 1

Things that happen, that any normal rational person would deem egregious, normally are acted upon by the moderators with some sort of discipline. 
if we ever meet, remind me to wear a fake beard. 

The ketchup stains will give you away.

• Like 1

The joke would really be on all of you if I said I was really Mark,lol.

Carl, as I stated above, you have a way of putting things into a different perspective and I do understand the WHY but as I stated, my opinion will vary against others. And I don't mean it as a jab at anyone.  My perspective on things is a little different from the norm I guess.

I fully respect how you handle things as I stated.

I was one of the main antagonists of Mark's in any argument we'd dredge up and debate each other over in the BS section. I rarely ever came into the general forum because even though I like my speakers, I can only talk about them so much. I was having fun debating politics and philosophy over in BS, and as a long-time, heavy contributor to that section, there is nothing which occurred over there that I saw that would call for banning... except and only except

I think you pretty much nailed it. I bet he missed some of us and if he had it all to do over again would've handled it different...Of course once it's been done he isn't going to admit he made a mistake, but I think him coming back is that he missed this place. That said, if Jeff couldn't convince him to take a step back at the time then I admit he may not have liked us but he needed the discourse...

What I don't/didn't understand is why he stopped engaging in the BS Forum and instead moved to the main forum. He didn't start the thread that got deleted and I totally understand the need to give a second opinion to some of the idiotic things being said, but then it became like a mission for him that seemed to get his emotions out of control.

You really do not have a clue here...

I think that could have been phrased a little better.

Yes, I could be a lot more tactful and I am smooth as a corn cobb hear, but that does not stop the fact that it is absolutely the truth and you, I as well as others here know it.

I have been biting my tongue here for a while he and that new female member posted about the unfairness of it all without having one single idea of what it was all about.

It is time for him to stop the conspiracy theories and the poor picked on Mark when he does not know what it was about?

A better way to go Jim would be to PM somebody and ask what it is all about,  you might actually learn something!!

at 8 years on the forum, I was the youngest member in that mess, and the member who got banned was the oldest member on that thread.

Roger

New members or prospective new members aren't interested in the soap opera history of this forum. And Klispch the corporation probably really isn't either.  

If I am a investigating the brand and I find this forum to see who the people are that buy the product and run into THAT thread, what do you suppose my impressions should be? Would this be a place I would want to visit often; sign up to be a member of?

About anytime I log on, I can find no more than about 30-35 members signed in and about 80 guests. Most of those members are the same people day after day. Some of them, but not all of them, are members of the 'clique.'

Should I wonder about a brand with worldwide appeal with literally millions of customers that hosts an online forum with an active member roster that isn't at least in the hundreds. I can only guess about the why it isn't more and I would definitely include threads such as that as a possible contributing reason.

TLDR; this isn't your personal forum to gather and berate a subscribed member. If you have a history that absolutely must be talked about, take it private.

About anytime I log on, I can find no more than about 30-35 members signed in and about 80 guests. Most of those members are the same people day after day. Some of them, but not all of them, are members of the 'clique.'

I keep reading about this "clique." For the record, I am not a member of any clique and there isn't only a single one on this Forum. There have been various ones over the years and sometimes they migrate to other forums. At any given time there may be several folks that form "cliques," and they actually seem to do a lot of PMing...Speaking of cliques, there used to be a ferocious one at AVS but most of those have moved on the Emotiva lounge, and then on to more expensive external amps....

Edited by Zen Traveler
  • Like 1