Some of my other builds and veneer projects

Wardsweb

awesome.  thx.

Do you get "bare veneer" (w/o the preattached glue) and if so, what glue do you use?  Titebond II ?  Cement?

jc

I use http://www.veneersupplies.com/products/Better-Bond-Heat-Lock-Veneer-Glue.html

You roll it on the structure and the veneer and let dry. Place the veneer where you want and reactivate the glue with an iron (don't tell my wife).

w28.jpg

• Like 1

I was asked to show some of my other work. Here are my DIY main speakers veneered in sapele pommele and finished in a dozen coats of high gloss Deft lacquer.

Wardsweb.jpg

Absolutely phenomenal work!  I'm not worthy. :(   Tell us more about these beautiful creatures that you use for your mains, drivers, frequency response of the cabinet, listening impressions, plans, more pictures, we need more.  Excellent work. 

• Like 1

Where is your shop Luther?  I've seen the picture of you  electronics table but not where you do your woodwork.  I'll bet it doesn't have a spec of dust!

I have a large wood shed on a concrete slab and wired for power and lights in the back yard. I use it as my wood shop. I can't keep it clean because I don't have a dust vacuum system.  It was broken into a few years ago. I had to replace all the hand tools, hand power tools, the drill press and clamps. PITA

I mean what can one say about not only the craftsmanship but the components in general. Really impressive on both counts, over the top. And a great sense of design.

OK enough of gawking over these obvious skills - back to my third attempt at cutting a 2x4 square.

• Like 3

... I would love to learn veneer work from you on these Klipsch TSCM's of mine. :)

Just get started, Roger. By the time you finish with all of them you should have it down pat.

Bruce

• Like 1

Where is your shop Luther? I've seen the picture of you electronics table but not where you do your woodwork. I'll bet it doesn't have a spec of dust!

I have a large wood shed on a concrete slab and wired for power and lights in the back yard. I use it as my wood shop. I can't keep it clean because I don't have a dust vacuum system. It was broken into a few years ago. I had to replace all the hand tools, hand power tools, the drill press and clamps. PITA

I was always told, that for these reasons is why Norm never disclosed where the New Yankee Work shop is located.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was always told, that for these reasons is why Norm never disclosed where the New Yankee Work shop is located.

FYI: The New Yankee Workshop is in the  back yard of the shows producer's, Russell Morash, house in Lexington , MA. He also produced This Old House.

• Like 1

FYI: The New Yankee Workshop is in the back yard of the shows producer's, Russell Morash, house in Lexington , MA. He also produced This Old House.

I was reading that after i posted. Kind of neat the work those guys do.

I was reading that after i posted. Kind of neat the work those guys do.

Norm's workshop is my dream shop. With all those tools at my disposal, I could make just about anything my heart desired. Alas, it will only ever be a dream. There is a ton of money tied up in that shop.

• Like 1