Jokes?

Marvel

11 minutes ago, Marvel said:

The San Miguel 'Red Horse' I had in the Philippines is 6.9% and comes in half liter and one liter bottles. It's smoother than the regular San Miguel pilsen and makes me pretty wobbly. 🙄

Sounds good.  I wonder if they have it stateside?

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:37 PM, CECAA850 said:

I guess about as much as I do on the subject.

Beer is beer, period.

It is either a Lager or Ale depending on what type of yeast is used (top fermenting or bottom fermenting). IPA, Stout, Pilsner, Barley Wine, Lambic, Sours, Wit, Browns, Triple, Blonde, Reds, Cream Ale, etc. are all just types of beer. Malt Liquor is crap. Individual states (mostly in the south) frequently get things wrong like mandating anything with an alcohol level over X is a Malt Liquor or requiring it to be labeled as an Ale when it is not based on arbitrary alcohol levels. With the explosion of Craft Beer laws are changing and states are doing a better job of realizing that beer is in fact, just beer.

If you were around in 1516 (like @oldtimer) but happened to live in Germany there was a purity law (Reinheitsgebot )  stating that beer could only be made from Barley, Hops and Water. This was before microbiology existed. They didn't know what yeast was. Funny that so many great German beers contain Wheat along with Barley. Guess someone is going to jail.

• Like 1

A gentleman and lady who have been dating for quite a while were out to dinner one evening. The gentleman, is considering asking her to marry him but like all guys is wondering what her views on sex are before he pops the question.

So, he asks her “How often do you like sex?”  She says “infrequently”. The gentleman ponders for a moment then leans over closer to her ear and says “Is that one word, or two?”

(courtesy the late great Jerry Lewis)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4