Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

11 hours ago, ricktate said:

That's some good news then. If they deliver the Ks to your house you need some extra help to get them off the truck. They will be in 4 boxes but I bet they are heavy and awkward. Look boxes over before you even take them off truck make sure no damage. They hire idiots to drive fork lifts usually. I have trained many of them,,lol   some got better some got fired.

Ya well it looks like they hire a lot of idiots! You guys wont believe this! I come home check the status of the shipment it says please call customer care immediately, so I call knowing it's gonna be bad news. They tell me they somehow lost the shipment and can't find it. I don't know how a 600lb shipment goes missing but I am beyond furious. I switched my whole schedule around to be home today to receive the speakers then they tell me they are coming tomorrow, so I rearrange my schedule again and now I hear this.

The company is ABF Freight. Has anyone had any experience with them?  

I have dealt with ABF and they are usually pretty good.  Mistakes do happen in shipping I do hope they aren't beat up though. Check those boxes over good before you accept it. That's a lot of money to risk I would be furious also I don't know how you did not drive down there and break some windows,,,lol.  I hope they come today for you man.

8 hours ago, Dr Morbius said:

You're in good shape if you didn't pull every hair out of your head by now, but I assure you it will be worth it in the end - are you using a tube amp with the Khorns?

Nope, I'll be using an Emotiva XPA gen 5. Idk if a tube amp would be a good option for me considering I do use my system for a lot of theater use as well. 

5 hours ago, ricktate said:

I have dealt with ABF and they are usually pretty good.  Mistakes do happen in shipping I do hope they aren't beat up though. Check those boxes over good before you accept it. That's a lot of money to risk I would be furious also I don't know how you did not drive down there and break some windows,,,lol.  I hope they come today for you man.

Lol trust me I was going to. Honestly I was ready to drive down to Pennsylvania and pick them up myself. Only problem is I don't know if both boxes would have fit on my truck. (5 and a half foot bed) and being a 5 hour trip I REALLY wouldn't wanna have to take 2 trips but I just got the call and they should be here in an hour. I will definitely check the boxes but unfortunately I don't think it's a good idea to open the boxes until they are in their final room because I don't want to risk scratching them. 

If all goes well pictures will be coming soon. 

• Like 1

Well they delivered one, literally only one was on the truck so now everyone in the process of trying to locate the other one. Seems they got confused when the shipment said 2 pieces and the top of the speaker comes in a separate box they thought that meant that was the two pieces. Situations like this literally make me lose all faith in humanity. Honestly how does someone lose a skid with a box on it the size of a refrigerator????

5 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

Honestly how does someone lose a skid with a box on it the size of a refrigerator????

My wife ordered a swing set online from Walmart.  Shipping info said it was on the way.  The delivery date came and went with no swing set which hacked us off as it was a birthday present for our grandchild.  We called and called and kept getting different answers and the run around.  Veins were popping out of my neck as I chewed one operator out and the next.  We finally talked to a supervisor who gave us 10% off the purchase and then re-ordered the swing set as they couldn't find out what their shipper had done with it.  The second swing set ended up like the first.  Tracking number through the shipper showed a delivery date and we never got it by that date.  E-mails and phone calls were useless in finding our swing set.  My blood pressure was up again.  Their incompetence was incredible.  I got ahold of another supervisor and he gave us a $50.00 gift card for our troubles and said that basically they've had issues with this shipper and can't even contact them.   WTF????  He said there's no use in reordering as we probably wouldn't get the third one either.  At least he was honest.  We ordered one from Home Depot and it promptly arrived.  We set it up and my grand son uses it daily.  End of story??? Not hardly.  Our gift card finally came and we got a full credit on our credit card for our purchase.  A month after we got the Home Depot swing set I get a call from Walmarts shipper wanting to know where to put the swing set.  I told them to leave it in the driveway and no one would be home to sign for it, which they did.  Unbelievable but that's not the end of the story.  3 weeks later I get another call like the first one.  We're delivering your swing set, where do you want it???  They delivered that one too.  Now we have two of them are sitting in my sons garage.  It's been 3 months and we've gotten no call looking for their missing swing sets.  They're still in the boxes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

My wife ordered a swing set online from Walmart.  Shipping info said it was on the way.  The delivery date came and went with no swing set which hacked us off as it was a birthday present for our grandchild.  We called and called and kept getting different answers and the run around.  Veins were popping out of my neck as I chewed one operator out and the next.  We finally talked to a supervisor who gave us 10% off the purchase and then re-ordered the swing set as they couldn't find out what their shipper had done with it.  The second swing set ended up like the first.  Tracking number through the shipper showed a delivery date and we never got it by that date.  E-mails and phone calls were useless in finding our swing set.  My blood pressure was up again.  Their incompetence was incredible.  I got ahold of another supervisor and he gave us a $50.00 gift card for our troubles and said that basically they've had issues with this shipper and can't even contact them.   WTF????  He said there's no use in reordering as we probably wouldn't get the third one either.  At least he was honest.  We ordered one from Home Depot and it promptly arrived.  We set it up and my grand son uses it daily.  End of story??? Not hardly.  Our gift card finally came and we got a full credit on our credit card for our purchase.  A month after we got the Home Depot swing set I get a call from Walmarts shipper wanting to know where to put the swing set.  I told them to leave it in the driveway and no one would be home to sign for it, which they did.  Unbelievable but that's not the end of the story.  3 weeks later I get another call like the first one.  We're delivering your swing set, where do you want it???  They delivered that one too.  Now we have two of them are sitting in my sons garage.  It's been 3 months and we've gotten no call looking for their missing swing sets.  They're still in the boxes.

Do you know what shipping company that was? 

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Hang in there Aaron, they'll be worth it.

The one that I did get is absolutely gorgeous. Honestly these things are twice the size of the La Scala. Box was so big in fact that when I initially saw it I thought hmm maybe there are 2 speakers in there. 

• Like 2

I would be beside myself too, what an experience to have while waiting on delivery of $12K+ worth of world class loudspeakers.

But fear not #2 will be found in short order. Call the shipper ASAP and force them to have the truck line track the shipment. That is their responsibility not yours. 

For several years I was responsible for shipping manufacturing equipment either on several skids (Big skids) or containers from Europe. Technicians at the installation would call asking where such and such machine section was, missing from the rest of the shipment. It may have taken me a while but several calls/emails later they were tracked down and delivered. Of course I had the luxury of threat of non payment or short pay unless these damn parts arrived in short order as I had 6-8 techs on site at $$$$/day waiting to complete their job. Things are found quickly when thousands of $$$$ are being held. 

Good luck, enjoy your Christmas present(s).