Happy Holidays

derrickdj1

Of course best to all here.  

A few years ago Christmas was particularly stressful and I was grumpy.  Then I recalled the the words of the sage of the Midwest, that being Ann Landers (Chicago Sun-Times IIRC). 

Someone had written to her complaining of apparently petty annoyances in another context.  Ann responded, "I suggest you count yer blessings and quityerbitchen."  It was almost language the paper would not print.

It always puts things in perspective and is a fine story.

Happy New Year too.

WMcD

• Like 2

Thanks for the Holiday wishes folks!  I like wishing everyone a great Holiday season.  For so many of us, this forum is a part of our lives and we get a lot of personal enjoyment from being on this forum.  It's kinda like family.  We learn from each other, talk shop like guys at the neighborhood hang out, fuss sometimes, laugh and share personal stories.  Just knowing someone cares is all that is needed to make Holidays brighter.:D

I celebrate Xmas but, use the term Holiday to respect all the diverse backgrounds of our members.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, derrickdj1 said:

Thanks for the Holiday wishes folks!  I like wishing everyone a great Holiday season.  For so many of us, this forum is a part of our lives and we get a lot of personal enjoyment from being on this forum.  It's kinda like family.  We learn from each other, talk shop like guys at the neighborhood hang out, fuss sometimes, laugh and share personal stories.  Just knowing someone cares is all that is needed to make Holidays brighter.:D

I celebrate Xmas but, use the term Holiday to respect all the diverse backgrounds of our members.

Merry Christmas to all. I'm Jewish and don't mind a Merry Christmas from folks- I understand the intent and appreciate it. I always use the term myself with all but those I know for sure are Jews. Enjoy your wonderful Holiday.

• Like 6

• Moderators
14 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

We do also, have a good Christmas and New Year Derrick. I read alot here and don't post in many places, but just want to say Thanks You and many others here for all of your post trying to help others, and the funny ones, it is noticed every day. The help,advice and nice people are the reasons I stayed around this forum for so long, it really helps people get what they want with less mistakes and helping them save doing it. :emotion-21:

• Like 2

• Moderators
13 hours ago, YK Thom said:

Merry Christmas to all. I'm Jewish and don't mind a Merry Christmas from folks- I understand the intent and appreciate it. I always use the term myself with all but those I know for sure are Jews. Enjoy your wonderful Holiday.

Great attitude, I would guess/hope most people have no other intent when they say it.

Everyone have a great Christmas, Hanukkah or whatever you celebrate.

Be safe and relax, I say relax because it's sometimes a little harder this time of the year. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, dtel said:

Great attitude, I would guess/hope most people have no other intent when they say it.

Everyone have a great Christmas, Hanukkah or whatever you celebrate.

I agree, but it is funny to me how some people respond when you say "Happy Holidays." :huh: Btw, I hope everyone here has a Happy Holliday or whatever you celebrate this time of year.  :emotion-22:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I agree, but it is funny to me how some people respond when you say "Happy Holidays." :huh: Btw, I hope everyone here has a Happy Holliday or whatever you celebrate this time of year.  :emotion-22:

Happy holidays is good for welcoming in new year as well.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I'm with you.  No matter the exact words, the part I take away is the nice wish for happiness.

I find that hard to argue with.  B)

• Like 4