What I Got Today!

Brac

5 hours ago, Tigerman said:

WOW, nice Maxima! 

WOW, the site of those BUGLES gave me good chills !!  I am going to have to look them up !

Ceptor.......to answer your question.......I just keep the gear....  I have a collection of keyboards in the studio and all over the house and out in the garage in their cases..  There is also a COMPLETE keyboard rig at the rehearsal site from my latest retired workstations along with a mixer and stereo amp and two monitor speakers (stereo is nice to have, but too much to set up on stage)..   But yeah, I should sell some of this stuff!  Thanks for your interest...

Happy New Year too :emotion-46:  :emotion-19:

I don't update my gear as much as I would like to, but I save all my stuff also. I have a closet full of guitars and amps, nothing special. I keep buying guitars in hope that something will click and I get better:D I've always wanted a keyboard....and a banjo....and a cello.... and a violin....

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:21 AM, wvu80 said:

Who is in Rockford?  That is the home of one of my favorite Drum and Bugle Corps, the Phantom Regiment.  They play all-classical music on the football field, and man, what a horn line!

Phantom Regiment is my favorite as well. Marty Hurley was the percussion arranger for Phantom for almost 20 years and also my band director in high school here in New Orleans. Great teacher. Amazing drummer. Better person.

• Like 2

My wife owned a Maxima for 17 years. It was a garage queen and had 54,000 miles when I sold it 6 months ago and it looked like new. Oil changes and a set of Michelins was all it required. I drove to the local hardware and bought one of those .99 cent orange For Sale signs and put it in the hat rack and drove home. Parked in the driveway and a few hours later my neighbors daughter bought it. Probably the most dependable car we ever owned.

maxima.jpg

• Like 2

Excellent T2K!  Nothing like a quick sale to someone you know will take care of it !    My Taurus SHO is now 20 years old, only 57k and needs NOTHING!  Been a storage queen since 1999....

Very good find there gottajam !  I am sure you are enjoying those recordings!  Why not stop by RIGHT THIS MINUTE and meet our gang and spin up some of those tunes?   We are on tonight spinning everything from CD's DVD-A's vinyl and even reel to reels !!

• Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 0:21 AM, wvu80 said:

Don't you hate it when that happens?

+++

I am a Honda guy, but I bought a Maxima one year, much older than yours for sure.  I loved the performance, but it demanded hi-test and I couldn't keep the check engine lights off.

+++

Who is in Rockford?  That is the home of one of my favorite Drum and Bugle Corps, the Phantom Regiment.  They play all-classical music on the football field, and man, what a horn line!

7453001010_886c30b227_b.jpg

@wvu80 Im probably an hour away, it's worth the trip?

Mark

7 hours ago, T2K said:

My wife owned a Maxima for 17 years. It was a garage queen and had 54,000 miles when I sold it 6 months ago and it looked like new. Oil changes and a set of Michelins was all it required. I drove to the local hardware and bought one of those .99 cent orange For Sale signs and put it in the hat rack and drove home. Parked in the driveway and a few hours later my neighbors daughter bought it. Probably the most dependable car we ever owned.

maxima.jpg

Good for you

:D:D:D

Mark

11 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

@wvu80 Im probably an hour away, it's worth the trip? -Mark

It is 100% worth your time.  These are all young people, under 21 who play world class brass and percussion. They compete against other corps in a nationwide summer tour, ending up in DCI Championships in Indianapolis in August.   Phantom is a 2-time world champion and always at or near the top.

Phantom has an annual concert in the park in June to kick off the drum corps season.  It might be in Love's Park, not sure.  The brass will melt your face off with the sound, and it's an all classical program.  Very loud, very exciting.

Klipsch speakers were made for drum corps.  Only a horn speaker can reproduce a brass horn faithfully.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

It is 100% worth your time.  These are all young people, under 21 who play world class brass and percussion. They compete against other corps in a nationwide summer tour, ending up in DCI Championships in Indianapolis in August.   Phantom is a 2-time world champion and always at or near the top.

Phantom has an annual concert in the park in June to kick off the drum corps season.  It might be in Love's Park, not sure.  The brass will melt your face off with the sound, and it's an all classical program.  Very loud, very exciting.

Klipsch speakers were made for drum corps.  Only a horn speaker can reproduce a brass horn faithfully.

Loves Park is just out side or a subdivision of Rockford. I MIGHT actually take your advice and check it out if I'm not working.

TY Dave

Mark

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZEUS121996 said:

I got a hangover today, I can't drink Jack like I used to. I think I was doing good with the lady I was talking to til I couldnt talk

Mark

My nephew said he was so intoxicated last night that he walked across the dance floor and won the dance competition:D

• Like 5

beautiful car, but what's up with that Rebel trans?

When I first fire it up and leave it don't want to shift into first for a second or two then once it does it's good till next time it sits overnight .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!