What I Got Today!

Brac

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 7:42 AM, Schu said:

add this to your L25 experience...

vintage-Penetray-Christmas-tree-color-wh

Anybody remember colour organs?  They were panels with lights of various colours that would react as music was played.  I even saw a little one in a car one time.  It was only about 3”x6”/7.5x15 cm, but the owner was really proud of it.  It was attached to the bottom of the dashboard, in front of the middle passenger.

RadioShack_ColorOrgan_1977.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Congrats, but I hope the speakers look better than the boxes!  Happy listening!

The speakers seem to be fine as none of the box damage was severe. If there is an issue, the guys at Listen Up will take care of me.  

I am pretty excited to hear the RC-64. The mantel speaker I made was pretty dang good, and a bit bigger, but this time around, I figured I'd go with a traditional center due to the room.  On the plus side, the surround speakers already have wiring in place.  The hose came with some old Polk F/X 300i surround speakers, which I just listed on FB Marketplace as I have no use for them. The house also came with an Athena surround sound setup and an old Pioneer plasma, which I just took to Best Buy for recycling. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

The speakers seem to be fine as none of the box damage was severe. If there is an issue, the guys at Listen Up will take care of me.  

I am pretty excited to hear the RC-64. The mantel speaker I made was pretty dang good, and a bit bigger, but this time around, I figured I'd go with a traditional center due to the room.  On the plus side, the surround speakers already have wiring in place.  The hose came with some old Polk F/X 300i surround speakers, which I just listed on FB Marketplace as I have no use for them. The house also came with an Athena surround sound setup and an old Pioneer plasma, which I just took to Best Buy for recycling. 

Is the Panasonic plasma still working?  I’ve got a 2011 Panasonic Viera plasma model that’s like new, so it surprises me to hear of one that’s best served by being returned to its constituent parts and materials.  Well, what do I know about you and your TV needs?  Maybe it’s not a useful size, even for the bedroom, basement, or guest bedroom.

More to the point, congratulations on your new home!  I hope you make many very happy memories there.

39 minutes ago, Islander said:

Is the Panasonic plasma still working?  I’ve got a 2011 Panasonic Viera plasma model that’s like new, so it surprises me to hear of one that’s best served by being returned to its constituent parts and materials.  Well, what do I know about you and your TV needs?  Maybe it’s not a useful size, even for the bedroom, basement, or guest bedroom.

More to the point, congratulations on your new home!  I hope you make many very happy memories there.

It was a Pioneer and still working (though had some noise to it), but was cumbersome to use, big, and I have 6 new TV's already. I had no use for it and didn't want to deal with it. I'm guessing the size was around 40".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Schu said:

My Samsung plasma is STILL ROCKING and working perfectly. I use the 65" in my bedroom as a second and it looks wonderful for only a 1080 and less dynamic range.

30K+ hours on my 10 year old plasma. When something gives you that kind of reliability, it's really hard to let it go. So I bought an identical one used, JIK.

My latest build. Just finished about fifteen minutes ago.

I think I'm posting this just to prove that a theoretical, math-geek DSP electrical engineer can still wield a soldering iron.

Can you find the one resistor that is mounted backwards?

Hpim1580.png

• Like 4