Not Garrison Keillor too. Fired.

Shiva

Mentioning a politicians name should not be off limits.  Starting a discussion is another story.  Saying you were surprised to hear about Lauer, Cosby or Franken is not political.  Only a discussion including party affiliation or political views IMHO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mallette said:

NO!  Complaints about the Forum policies are @Chad, not to me or any moderator.  Please oblige!

Dave

So, do I understand then that forum policy is that only those that have no connection to politics may be discussed on the forum?  Once again, several of you are apparently missing the big picture.  It's not about politics, it's about people.  And, it's in the news.  Take your pick, CNN, FOX, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, Al Jazeera, etc, etc, etc.    It's not my opinion, it's out there, it's being reported, talked about, written about, blogged about.

Lauer, Weinstein, Rose - sure, that's OK.

Public servant 1, Public servant 2, Public servant 3 - nope, sorry, can't talk about.

15 minutes ago, richieb said:

What could possibly make you say "rather unlikely Garrison is a threat to the ladies or anyone else"?

I've been a fan since his first year, 1972.  I did NOT say it was impossible...just that little had been produced so far and it does not fit the persona I know.  OTOH, I've been mistake before but don't much believe in burning people at the stake without proof.  We call it lynching down south and it's a very evil practice.

Dave

6 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

So, do I understand then that forum policy is that only those that have no connection to politics may be discussed on the forum? 

I don't interpret the rules for you or anyone.  The name Adolf Hitler is invoked here on a daily basis without a lock because even though it's an open door to violation of every rule we have it doesn't usually happen as most here understand the limits.

Dave

I'm as guilty as anyone over the years with trying to sneak in the occasional political barb.  The problem is  the Ignored One and a few others respond and things escalate. 

I like to think I've learned my lesson.  NO politics. B)

22 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The problem is  the Ignored One and a few others respond and things escalate. 

Yep, we are the problem, not your short sighted posts, as is evidenced by your most recent locked thread.  Yes, that's the ticket.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I'm as guilty as anyone over the years with trying to sneak in the occasional political barb.  The problem is  the Ignored One and a few others respond and things escalate. 

I like to think I've learned my lesson.  NO politics. B)

Is that how you see the problem?  For the record I did not participate in your thread which was locked.

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Yep, we are the problem, not your short sighted posts, as is evidenced by your most recent locked thread.  Yes, that's the ticket.

I can see your posts.  You are not the Ignored One.  B)

And sure, I am short sighted on a lot of things.  You are right, I could certainly do better.

I had been in contact with the mods from the first post of the ML thread and I asked them for their help.  I appreciate their efforts more than I could ever express, they do so well with such a thankless job.  Communication was professional level and once again they made prudent decisions in the best interests of the Klipsch forum.  I support their efforts 100% and as usual, they got it right.

Thank you for your feedback. 

3 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I did by using only one misspelled name, and it wasn't a politician's name.

Ha!  You are not the problem, James.  I smiled when I read that particular post.  :D

You may have had the last word on the ML thread but it was already circling the drain by that point.  There are just some topics we can't handle.  Some of us just can't control ourselves.  :lol: