Favorite Christmas Tune

Tarheel

1 minute ago, richieb said:

=== and along with the Christmas, oops, Holiday seasons timeless songs comes the ever present PC environment. I read where the “Me Too ” movement is protesting a radio station in where else San Francisco, playing ‘Baby it’s Cold Outside’ for its overt sexist overtones. They feel it condons the sexual exploitation of women by showing a man trying to keep a women from leaving his presence. So much to comment on, not worth giving it the time —

All of this has always been here, but since we're all connected now it gets crammed down our throats via news feeds daily.  I just put the phone down and  turn off the news, at least the social BS some deem as news. If something truly important happens, we're all going to know about it soon enough, but there will be little any of us can do other than go buy groceries and water :)  Good times, Christmas and family is all we need to be thinking about for the next 19 days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Max2 said:

All of this has always been here, but since we're all connected now it gets crammed down our throats via news feeds daily.  I just put the phone down and  turn off the news, at least the social BS some deem as news. If something truly important happens, we're all going to know about it soon enough, but there will be little any of us can do other than go buy groceries and water :)  Good times, Christmas and family is all we need to be thinking about for the next 19 days.

Yep.  It is still a free country.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richieb said:

=== and along with the Christmas, oops, Holiday seasons timeless songs comes the ever present PC environment. I read where the “Me Too ” movement is protesting a radio station in where else San Francisco, playing ‘Baby it’s Cold Outside’ for its overt sexist overtones. They feel it condons the sexual exploitation of women by showing a man trying to keep a women from leaving his presence. So much to comment on, not worth giving it the time

All you have to say is California.  The rest speaks for itself.

• Like 1

Can't have Christmas without Brenda Lee. I'll let you guess the song title:

Rockin' around the Christmas tree
At the Christmas party hop
Mistletoe hung where you can see
Every couple tries to stop
Rockin' around the Christmas tree
Let the Christmas spirit ring
Later we'll have some pumpkin pie
And we'll do some caroling
You will get a sentimental feeling when you hear
Voices singing, let's be jolly