YouTube Spinning

Full Range

Hey @MicroMara -- just tipped a couple of Bitburgers in your honor, Sir.  They were indeed very fine. Store only had five 1 litre bottles at the store and I bought all five. 

Normally, I drink Molson Canadian and if unavailable, I will go with Modelo Especial; but my brother lived in Bitburger for a few years and when he returned he spoke favorably of Bitburger beer. I really like that stuff ... a lot. 

Hope you are well my friend.

Steve

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Hey @MicroMara -- just tipped a couple of Bitburgers in your honor, Sir.  They were indeed very fine. Store only had five 1 litre bottles at the store and I bought all five. 

Normally, I drink Molson Canadian and if unavailable, I will go with Modelo Especial; but my brother lived in Bitburger for a few years and when he returned he spoke favorably of Bitburger beer. I really like that stuff ... a lot. 

Hope you are well my friend.

Steve

Spock´s Beard were great to listen too, thanx , the other video wasn´t available for me, beeing the germarican ,  as @oldtimer once baptized me. Thanx that you´re asking me how things are....very well, no time for nothing....no time to listen to my music and my stereo gear, no time to have a beer, no time to play with my both children, no time to find time out , it´s a timeless time right now . Hope that´ll end tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to the weekend and having abreak from this daily TIC TAC TIC TAC ......Than I´ll drink some Bitburger as well, I´ll tell you than . We´ll then drink to the German-American friendship ...George

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

Anyone for Paolo Nutini.  A soulful voice and a good song,  Iron Sky.

I love this track, reminds me of Jim Morrison with his body language and charisma. I love his last production from 2014 (Caustic Love) A great album

paolo-nutini-caustic-love-album-cover-18460.jpg.68379363439fa7f8fca57283e0538d88.jpg

• Like 1

I know there are more than a few fans of great female vocalists reading this thread. My favorite new artist in this category is Madison Cunningham, who is not just an amazing vocalist, but also an outstanding guitarist and songwriter. She is only 22, and her first "real" album "Who Are You Now" just dropped a few months back. She did record some earlier amateur material when she was younger, but that was before her talents as a songwriter and guitarist had fully emerged. 

Her voice is one of those that cuts right through you, and her guitar playing (though understated) always serves the song. It's as though Joni Mitchell and Richard Thompson had a love child. Her song writing is, like her voice, beautiful, personal and unique.

I agonized over which of the many stellar clips I should post of her frequent performances on "Live From Here" over the last three years (some going back to when it was still called "Prairie Home Companion" ). Here's an original song from late 2018 that gives a quick snapshot of her talents called "Plain Letters". For those that aren't familiar, her oddball wingman in this clip is Chris Thile, probably the greatest mandolin player in recorded history, who occasionally channels Pee-wee Herman when he is performing.

If after viewing this you want more Madison, below is the link to her full set at the Palace Theater in St Paul, Minnesota where she opened for Andrew Bird just two months ago on Valentine's Day  (before the virus abbreviated her ongoing tour) . It's a complete, live performance--mistakes, happy accidents, and no overdubs. To me, that's what live music is all about.

If you want to pull up individual songs from the show, here's the set list and time stamps:

0:10 Beauty Into Clichés
4:46 Dry As Sand
9:20 Trouble Found Me
13:23 Pin It Down
18:34 Higher Ground
24:29 I Close My Eyes
29:40 L.A.
35:00 Something To Believe In
40:32 All At Once

Thanks to Full Range for starting this thread!

triceratops

• Like 1