Pictures of your Tube Amplifiers

henry4841

• 1 month later...

A little over a year ago I bought a JWN (Jim Nicholls) 6L6 P/P Tetrode amplifier that was listed as for parts/repair because of a buzz, I passed it on to a friend, he put the amp on a shelf and for various reasons never got to it. Thursday night I got it back and was looking it over and noticed there was a broken tube guide in the 6SN7 tube socket that was caught by the input wires and a resistor lead. With the amp upside down and using needle nose pliers I was able to get it to fall down through the socket. Could something as simple as that have been the problem?

I decided to find out the quick way, put the tubes in and fired it up in a makeshift system with test (don't care if they blow up) drivers. After passing music with no issues, I hooked up some good speakers and have been enjoying the music.

35jOnX7m.jpg

C8EnV7fh.jpg

0Svcbz4h.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, henry4841 said:

Very nice, I have always liked those old Fisher receivers. Wood case looks extremely nice. Was it repaired, restored along with the electronics?

Thanks! I bought it from an individual who had it posted FS with a recap/relight kit, extra power switch, and the reproduction wood case. They decided to move, and needed the money apparently. The tuner wasn't working when I bought it. Apparently two resistors were burnt. My tech fixed that along with finishing the recap kit. I started it, but wasn't real comfortable working on the complex bits inside. I bought some new Tung Sol power tubes and they're breaking in nicely! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, absolve2525 said:

Thanks! I bought it from an individual who had it posted FS with a recap/relight kit, extra power switch, and the reproduction wood case. They decided to move, and needed the money apparently. The tuner wasn't working when I bought it. Apparently two resistors were burnt. My tech fixed that along with finishing the recap kit. I started it, but wasn't real comfortable working on the complex bits inside. I bought some new Tung Sol power tubes and they're breaking in nicely! 

I just happened to notice what a nice wood case having restored a few myself.  Congratulation on nice find. Bet sounds as good as looks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, henry4841 said:

I just happened to notice what a nice wood case having restored a few myself.  Congratulation on nice find. Bet sounds as good as looks. 

Thanks, I've wanted one for a long time! It's really sounding great. :) I don't know who made the case, but they did a good job. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/31/2021 at 2:05 PM, koba said:

Audiolot monoblocks. Based on 6C33C tubes. Made in Ukraine

8.jpg

Just following up if you have your supply with the 6c33c-b tubes? I'm also looking for a tester for the same tube. Thanks,

CCG

On 9/6/2020 at 8:22 AM, Backfire said:

The first is my everyday amplifier, a conventional type of OTL amplifier using 6C33C output tubes.  I quite like the second one too; again OTL, using 6082 output tubes.  The novelty with this one is that there are no transformers at all; it runs directly from the mains supply.  It's based on one of the earliest OTL designs, by Dickie and Macovski in 1954.

Regretfully, my constructions tend to be rather utilitarian in comparison to some of the beautiful ones built by others!

6C33C-OTL.jpg

6082-OTL.jpg

Just following up if you have your supply with the 6c33c-b tubes? I'm also looking for a tester for the same tube. Thanks,

CCG