Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

8 hours ago, Deang said:

After two people stepped into my cube and leaned in to tell me something, I made signs - one for my cube and one for the office door. One of the signs has the definition of “asymptomatic transmission” on it. What I’m learning is that most are both ignorant and insensitive. If my wife gets this she will probably die. 

Dean, I am stating the obvious, but can you work from home?  You certainly have the justification. 

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

My Rant:  There is no cure for this mild form of Coronavirus and our bodies have no immunity to it.  There is no medicine from China which can cleanse this bug.  Like the common cold you just have to let it run its course for a couple of weeks then it's done.

I would prefer to get infected NOW, spend my next two weeks at home coughing since the symptoms are that of a nasty cold.  Then I could go about my life again knowing that I am forever inoculated when Coronavirus mutates into something worse.

If we all get it, the 20% who need hospitalization will overload the hospitals and there will be significant needless deaths.  Even at a 1% mortality rate, it is unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

The moderators and Chad are watching this thread. Like Chad said “tread lightly”. It would be a shame to get this thread locked...and the next one on this topic. Even worse would be having to ban someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh come on.  I am not on Facebook or Twitter, I need somewhere to discuss this.  Everyone please behave. 

4 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Dean, I am stating the obvious, but can you work from home?  You certainly have the justification. 

They had to mod our contract to allow teleworking - I start working from home on Monday. 

• Like 2

Amazing how this thread is an accurate slice of our society.  GTFO your political views and meaningless opinions and try to focus on how you as a human, can help others in need.  I'm strongly conservative and disagree with many of you on political views, but I'm not putting that out here as it benefits nobody.  Please, pull up your panties, set your political views aside, and just be a good person.  Ask yourself, what can I do to help someone affected by the situation, instead of trying to state that you, or your party, would have done something better.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

VA called just now, whacked a scheduled test.

they canceled my appointment that was for next week. which was fine with me. Appointment was for chronic pain not an illness, so I'm happy not to have to venture into that Petri dish.

hope your appointment was vital. 

19 minutes ago, Pete H said:

and just be a good person

but that's the problem Pete ... a sniff of panic and the selfishness in people rises to the top. I don't know why so many have difficulty admitting that they're selfish. 

I do heartily applaud those in the medical industry that are dealing with this virus hands on, each day.  you know deep down, they probably have the same fears as we do. Yet they go to work and probably aren't hoarding food and toilet paper. 

I may not let you take a slug out of my colonel Taylor, but if I had a bottle to spare, I'd give it you if you needed. 

this virus will end eventually and we still need to live with ourselves ... I'd prefer to have as clear of a conscience as possible. 

peace and stay well. 

• Like 2

Just now, EmilC said:

it will never happen.  this virus has spread too much for them to open themselves up to that. 

I wonder if the rest of the world will be more wary of them vice welcoming them back with open arms?

not suggesting this is possible or even wise; but curious as to what a nation like China or Russia would do if the entire rest of the world gave them the cold shoulder?  

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

but that's the problem Pete ... a sniff of panic and the selfishness in people rises to the top. I don't know why so many have difficulty admitting that they're selfish. 

I do heartily applaud those in the medical industry that are dealing with this virus hands on, each day.  you know deep down, they probably have the same fears as we do. Yet they go to work and probably aren't hoarding food and toilet paper. 

I may not let you take a slug out of my colonel Taylor, but if I had a bottle to spare, I'd give it you if you needed. 

this virus will end eventually and we still need to live with ourselves ... I'd prefer to have as clear of a conscience as possible. 

peace and stay well. 

I just want to see the best in people, not the worst.  My wife and I are here to help anyone, regardless of their political views, or social status, and that should be the focus in times like these.  I'm so done with "it's all about me", but that's how we lived prior to this and will continue to live after this has passed.  I am willing to provide peas and carrots and possibly a roll of TP, for some of that Taylor.  LOL  You're a good man Stew, and I hope our paths cross one day. 

• Thanks 1