Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

This is one of the few concerns I have because my only out of house exposure is when I go to get the mail at the mailbox 2 miles away on Monday Wednesday and Friday,

and the occasional UPS delivery to the house. I feel better for having read this article.

Can you catch coronavirus from surfaces?
https://www.foxnews.com/health/can-you-catch-coronavirus-surfaces

The CDC's website says surfaces can be contaminated with COVID-19. The website adds, though, that there are no known cases that started in that manner.
"The scientists found that severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was detectable in aerosols for up to three hours, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel," according to the NIH.

Wash your hands!

15 minutes ago, Greg_M said:

This is one of the few concerns I have because my only out of house exposure is when I go to get the mail at the mailbox 2 miles away on Monday Wednesday and Friday,

and the occasional UPS delivery to the house. I feel better for having read this article.

Can you catch coronavirus from surfaces?
https://www.foxnews.com/health/can-you-catch-coronavirus-surfaces

The CDC's website says surfaces can be contaminated with COVID-19. The website adds, though, that there are no known cases that started in that manner.
"The scientists found that severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was detectable in aerosols for up to three hours, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel," according to the NIH.

Wash your hands!

The post office is starting to spray the mail around here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

THE GREAT HUNT OF 2020

I'm getting to do my daily toilet paper run but I'm not optimistic.  TP is far and few between, but I didn't manage to live to my ripe old age without knowing where to look. 

If this hunt is unsuccessful my family will have to suffer yet another day.  Maybe I can find a random box of tissues or some baby wipes.  I'm desperate at this point.

To be continued...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

So you have one mailman who has the virus but doesn't know it. He delivers the mail and if you pick up the mail within a couple hours then you have the virus.

JJK

Seattle woman becomes first person injected with experimental coronavirus vaccine in clinical study
https://www.oann.com/seattle-woman-becomes-first-person-injected-with-experimental-coronavirus-vaccine-in-clinical-study/

A Seattle woman recently became the first person to receive a coronavirus vaccine. A pharmacist injected 43-year-old Jennifer Haller with the experimental dose of the vaccine at the Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute on Monday.

Wash you hands!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

THE GREAT HUNT OF 2020

I'm getting to do my daily toilet paper run but I'm not optimistic.  TP is far and few between, but I didn't manage to live to my ripe old age without knowing where to look. 

If this hunt is unsuccessful my family will have to suffer yet another day.  Maybe I can find a random box of tissues or some baby wipes.  I'm desperate at this point.

To be continued...

want me have the wife mail you some tp?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, billybob said:

Watched...sounded like good info.

Doctor was given limited time?

wasfox run from Londonstan with paul bin ryanbulag in charge just doesn't care for the actual news that could help us. I was surprised that he was cut off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shepjk01 said:

To quell a few mis conceptions no one is holding food back. People are way over buying. You cant grow more vegetables,fruit, and meat products overnight. Grocery items are forcasted based on demand from previous years. When all the sudden you have people cleaning out a weeks supply in a day it takes time to replenish items.The only way right now to get items back in stock is to limit peoples purchases to only 1 or 2 of each item. I'm at maintenance manager at a Walmart perishable food DC and we are shipping out record volume. You only have so many trucks and trailers available to deliver to stores. 

I just got back from one of the local, smaller, supermarkets where I spoke with the produce manager whom I’ve known for 25 years.  He said that they are receiving only 20% of their normal delivery quantity and have not been able to get any chicken or beef for more than a week.  He said it’s being withheld at the warehouse for unknown reasons.   Yes, people are over buying because availability has become so spotty they need to get it when they can.  It’s seems that the food shortage is intentional.

Maynard

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

& I'm taking the junk & solicitations straight to the recycle dumpster, putting mail on the hall tree instead of the kitchen table. Then discarding the envelopes, washing my hands directly above the trash can under the kitchen sink.

Might have stated before.... I'm not playing with this crap!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

& I'm taking the junk & solicitations straight to the recycle dumpster, putting mail on the hall tree instead of the kitchen table. Then discarding the envelopes, washing my hands directly above the trash can under the kitchen sink.

Might have stated before.... I'm not playing with this crap!

Me too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

I just got back from one of the local, smaller, supermarkets where I spoke with the produce manager whom I’ve known for 25 years.  He said that they are receiving only 20% of their normal delivery quantity and have not been able to get any chicken or beef for more than a week.  He said it’s being withheld at the warehouse for unknown reasons.   Yes, people are over buying because availability has become so spotty they need to get it when they can.  It’s seems that the food shortage is intentional.

Maynard

Yet around here supermarkets are getting their normal deliveries.  They're even on the news telling people to stop panic buying because the supply chain is still intact.

• Like 3

Chances of getting Corona.

Just saw a news headline that the amount of people who have been infected world wide has just soared to 200,000.

The amount of people who have died. world wide,  is 8,000.

There are currently 7,800,000,000 in the world. In case I put not enough zeros in, lets round it off to 8,000,000,000 (8 billion).

If you divide 8 billion by 8 thousand that is one in one million.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Greg_M said:

Chances of getting Corona.

Just saw a news headline that the amount of people who have been infected world wide has just soared to 200,000.

The amount of people who have died. world wide,  is 8,000.

There are currently 7,800,000,000 in the world. In case I put not enough zeros in, lets round it off to 8,000,000,000 (8 billion).

If you divide 8 billion by 8 thousand that is one in one million.

basically it's going to effect the elderly and homeless.. the sick and the ill

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Deang said:

Contagion is not on Netflix, but you can watch it on Hulu if you’re willing to pay for it. 

Oh crap!

I am just north of the border, I guess it would spark riots down there, lol

The movie reads just like the press responses from government officials (that watched the movie, lol).

The ending is even foreshadowed in a post just before this one about      a certain food source...