Two years membership in the KC. A review .....and experience ....

MicroMara

It is now December 19, 2021. Today is the day where I ´m  now 2 years member of the Klipsch community. Who would have thought that . I myself least of all. For this reason I would like to look back once. In Janunar 2020 I opened my Moddy Thread RF7 EvoTec. For this reason I had registered here at all to report on my experiences with the modifications with this speaker. Well , it followed the first shitstorm , followed by trolls , comparisons with a Jeffry D. Medwin were drawn . People made fun of me, especially the " Klipsch hardliners" Nevertheless, this thread has achieved about 57,000 views. Even Chief Bonehead looked in once, but unfortunately never commented. Why also ..

I then thought to myself that it was time to leave again, because I no longer saw any point in staying here, technically I had communicated my claim to a Klipsch speaker and was not taken with my personal findings anyway.

But then I discovered the Klipsch Lounge , especially the Vinyl Record Spinning Thread by Full Range from Australia. There I then found real international friends . This thread is exclusively about music, regardless of genre. Music brings people together, regardless of origin, skin color, social status and nationality. That pleased me very much moreover I noticed how funny it can be here, what I have already laughed for tears and met really great people. Here you´ll find nice guys from different  nations and countries. It´s the only real international thread. 

Yes , the Community became aware of this German when he opened the thread The difference between MM / MC / MI . No spot or scorn .  Over 88,000 views . Recognition from the Klipsch Kommunity. Thanks to all

Then followed the thread DIY Audio Cable ...2,900 views , recognition from the community. No spot or scorn. Thanks to all. 

At some point I realized that they really liked me and took my technical know-how. So I offered my experience also in technical questions to find solutions.Then I stopped with the technical communication, too many cooks spoil the broth . Some technical Threads ended in farce. 

Because of my verbal quick wit, my kind of humor and the way I communicate internationally brought me more and more recognition ( Likes ) Same goes for the thread CCC&C or the Right this minute thread , when Tanglewood concerts were streamed.

It was and is sometimes embarrassing for me to get so many "likes", to lead the leaderboard and that as a non-American. I like the fact that I am now accepted and appreciated as a permanent fixture in this community, and I return the same to all those with whom I am in closer contact here and communicate.

However, what I do not like here at all ...." The most liked content of the day " that was maybe once 20 years ago hip, but should be abolished because it has no significance. What use this " last day won " recognition if this there from a forum member authoritative manipulated and in favor of close Klipsch forum members. This is bordering on insanity.

I don't want to win this one and I can't help it if I get so many likes.I am neither a thread narcissist nor hot on the recognition of this mention. I am now once as I am and that reflects my way of communication here again.

That was what I had to say,  God bless you, wherever you´re from .....

George

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

It was and is sometimes embarrassing for me to get so many "likes", to lead the leaderboard and that as a non-American. I like the fact that I am now accepted and appreciated as a permanent fixture in this community, and I return the same to all those with whom I am in closer contact here and communicate.

As an American please let me say Congratulations and thanks for participating. Fwiw, most of my posts were before there was even such a thing as "likes" and it's weird seeing some going around "liking" the most obscure things and at volume. Anyway, it takes different folks to make a community and it's nice having a guy from abroad comment although I miss those who used to engage especially on the contemporary topics that affect us all....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow.

The two of y'all are perhaps the two who I've read technical stuff from where I appreciated both the layman's and technical side to their sharing.

Glad I don't have to pass grammar tests anymore.

George I know you better, the eclectic scope of music that you've shared has been interesting even when It wasn't my favorite genre. I try not to limit myself, but I discover new music here mostly. I'm anti top-40 so to speak. All I had to do was take the time to listen and discovered some new groups that I like.

Thank you for enriching this community so much in these first couple of years for you sir!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations for becoming a distinguished forum member originating from European country.

I would not take much to my heart all the stats of the forum and especially not the verbal miscommunication issues. We are all humans...

Your knowledge and enthusiasm is spotted and that is what counts.

Stay well...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2021 at 6:54 PM, MicroMara said:

In Janunar 2020 I opened my Moddy Thread RF7 EvoTec. For this reason I had registered here at all to report on my experiences with the modifications with this speaker. Well , it followed the first shitstorm , followed by trolls , comparisons with a Jeffry D. Medwin were drawn . People made fun of me, especially the " Klipsch hardliners" Nevertheless, this thread has achieved about 57,000 views.

Star Trek has some great Episodes

One of my favorites is the planet that is fully automated and auto pilot.

When the machinery starts to break down, the current 3rd, or 100th generation, inhabitants...

Don't know there is a machine, what it does, how it does it, or how to diagnose or fix it.

Needless to say, the Enterprise usually saves the day, and the NPCs & SIMs carry on.

Having worked in high tech, and not so high tech turn-key systems

I got to see this movie play out in real life over and over again.

Companies full of people who have no idea of what they are doing or why they are doing it.....

But if you attempt to question or change their routine, they explode, freeze up, and or attack.

Frequently, time has passed many, most, all assumptions and technologies by

but no one was paying attention or awake enough to realize it.

Hanging on for the cheap watch and low cost catered buffet.... someday.

A newly wed man deeply in love,

notices that his wife takes the Ham and cuts it in half before cooking it.

Not wanting to rock the boat, he remains silent.

One day, no longer able to keep it in, he asks her why she cuts the ham in half

and suggests shorter cooking time, flavor, more seasoning etc .....

Wife responds, "this is how mother would make the ham".

Thanksgiving comes around, and they go to Mama's house for dinner

He remarks how much he loves the Ham and asks Mama why she cuts it in half

Mama responds "Grandmother O'Leary makes it this way".

She is coming for Christmas, you can ask her about it.

Christmas arrives,

and the man finds himself sitting across from Grandmother O'Leary

after remarking on how much he loves the ham and unable to keep it in

He asks Grandmother  "Why do you cut the Ham in Half before cooking it"

Grandmother O'Leary responds

"when we immigrated from Ireland, we were poor and could afford only essentials,

so I had to cut the Ham in half so it would fit into the two little pans I owned"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 12/20/2021 at 1:19 AM, wuzzzer said:

Even Randy.  😄

He does his job and makes sure every day that he alone decides who is awarded with the "most liked content of the day", even if the member or members have not actually posted anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

So THAT was what he was doing! Why? 👽

We did not become friends 😂 .  It was already strange since the beginning of my membership in the K.C. to receive pictures , videos from Nazis or also from Mr. Bean, hardly I had read the messages these posts were deleted by him immediately again.

• Confused 1