What Are You Paying For Gas ?

sunburnwilly

Oh, over $30 to fill a BMW Z3. [:o]

O, a deal at twice the price because the top goes down! [H][:D] I conned the wife into giving me the Z4 today because she does not work on Fridays. I said honey the Z4 gets way better mileage then the Yukon XL and gas is soooo expensive.[6] Now that I have 6 months in the Z4 I wish my Z3 had not gotten totaled.

BTW, regular dropped to 3.19 here yesterday premium is over 3.50.

Wasn't it you who told me getting a Z3 with a hardtop is a fantastic deal -- it's like getting two cars for the price of three?

Yeah, I have the Z today too. The Land Crusher is due for it's

smog check, and has to have an EGR valve replaced first. Downside

= $$, upside = I get to drive the Z today. [:D]

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I'm going to sidetrack the

thread. What especially do you like better about the 3 than the 4?

Part of the problem might be that the 3 had the sport and premium package while the 4 only has the premium and is missing the sport.

Dont get me wrong, the 4 is a very nice caralmost too nice for a roadster. Way more creature comforts and a 10 fold better sound system (but who cares about sound when the top is down). Other nice things include auto lights, glass rear window, better heat A/C, fully auto top, xenon headlights, run flat tires, etc.

Still with all that the Z3 seemed like a throw back to the old MB and Triumph days. It felt smaller and more nimble. I really dug the looks too. There was a minor body change around 2000. Ours was a 2001. That later body style had it all going on, PERFECT! To me the 4 is a modern day roadster much like the Honda and Benz, while the 3 had a cool retro look and feel. It was actually pretty Spartan for a BMW. That gave it a nice antiestablishment factor in my mind. You had to want to drive itnot just pose in it.

To be honest I really think it is mostly because of the sport package. The 4 seems too nice and lady like. The seats without the sport package are defiantly lacking, in my opinion, in the side bolster department. My wife drove both (her car for the most part) and found the sport package to be too harsh. I drove only a car with the sport package before we bought it and left the decision up to her. Perhaps a fatal flaw.

The first time I drove our actual car I had a sinking feeling in my heart for my dead Z3. I though I would keep that car forever. I thought some day it will not be a daily drive just waiting in the garage for nice top down days. Not to be I guess.

We did go with a 3.0 this time over a 2.5. The 3.0 is almost scary fast at times if you are not paying attention. Quick off the line and 70 up to 90 on the highway is a ticket in the making every time I drive it.

Once I get my funds replenished, say 3-5 years from now, I actually think I will look for a 2001 M Roadster with all the same colors (black top, black paint, black interior) as my beloved Z3. That would make everything right. Well almost. Olorin, I gave you a link to the crash pictures didnt I? Still cant believe I walked away from that crash. Some in the other car were not so luck and that haunts me.

Put in 6.97 gallons yesterday = $23.01, $3.29 (Reg) $3.39 (Med) $3.59 (Prem) at Mobil/Exxon in VT.

Glad I have a '94 Honda Accord with a VTEC 2.2L and Cold Air Induction system, with mornings running in the 50 degree range HP and mileage are better. I wish I had that '89 Geo Metro with the 3 cyl .9L engine right now.

I had a Suburban once it was the most useful and comfortable vehicle I have ever owned and still regret selling. Then I bought a used LandRover Discovery because it was such a good deal but even sold it because it loved gas stations. I hate to think what I would be spending to fill that puppy now. When things level out I wil be purchasing a used vw golf tdi I believe they get about 40mpg.

For the record, the TDI model VW's all get 50mpg.... I nearly bought a Beetle TDI, not because I wanted a Beetle, but because I wanted a TDI and didn't want to pay new price for it....

Nice! We have a VR6. It gets...well...FAR FAR less MPG.

Filled up a Suburban this morning. $104.02 (40 gallon

tank). The numbers go by so fast, it's too hard to round off to

the nearest dollar anymore. It's a company vehicle that we use

off road and for hauling equipment. We really need a big hog but

ouch.

Maybe they'll slow down the pumps again or add another decimal so we'll think we're getting a good deal.

Isn't it amazing how long it takes to put a gallon of gas in an auto? We can waste more while waiting in line- geesh!

And if you're like me, you want to be EXACT about that quantity of precious petrol distillates. Lets calculate it to the THOUSANDTHS of a gallon, how much is that anyway?

Michael

Filled up a Suburban this morning. $104.02 (40 gallon tank). The numbers go by so fast, it's too hard to round off to the nearest dollar anymore. It's a company vehicle that we use off road and for hauling equipment. We really need a big hog but ouch.

$104.02! Wow thats insane! [:o] Good thing technology keeps coming out with better stuff, like the hybrid cars and suvs.

an unbeliveable ...at least for Upstate NY ...$ 3.60 ..A Gallon

Almost equity with the US, I can't believe it! Prices in Quebec

have started to come down. From C$1.47 to now C$1.20 a litre, or

about US$1.01 a litre. 3.785 litre to the US gallon means we're paying

about US$3.80 a US gallon. Still too much...

• 1 year later...