• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Can someone please confirm that the DE-10 driver mounted to the SMAHL V2  lens will fit in a Heresy 1 speaker? I asked rockman836 on EBAY and he did not know. Thanks for any info in advance.
    • Extremely good in the Hunger Games series. His understanding of power and control made his portrayal even more convincing than on could imagine.
    • Had this in the little suv today for a drive into town and back. Dom has a few tunes that are nothing if not powerful, a few guitar heavy blues pieces too. He's not perfect as a singer but it fits the mood well! This release has endeared itself to me already!   Dom Martin: Spain to Italy    
    • A buddy of mine referred me to this conversation.  I wanted to add that Plex has a DLNA server (if you turn it on).  I did that, and stream my FLAC files to my AVR, which makes the sound as good as your sound system allows.  (My setup allows 320 kbps, 24-bit FLAC as well as WAV, MP3, etc.)  I tried Kodi and was disappointed.  So I will stick with Plex, at least for now.   (Plex is programmable if you research how to do it and have basic Python skills.  You don't really need to do this: the Plex clients on the various platforms do most everything you want.  Of course you have to set up a Plex server, e.g., on Windows, and point it at your media.)   I mostly use Plex for movies.  I stream to the Plex client (app) running on an NVIDIA SHIELD, which has the horses to push uncompressed 7.1 and 4K.   I don't expect to be back on this forum.  My buddy's sound system sounds great, but I don't own any Klipsch gear to speak of.
    • Look like “laser badges” so mid-late 70’s which some consider a great deal at $600.
    • From an article on the CDC website iOS when used with built in microphone +/- 2dB. External microphone +/-1dB.
    • They're Heresy 1s - based of the klipsch logo, most likely "1.5s" made between 80-84. If you post a pic of the label on the back, it would be helpful. Those look like they have a oiled walnut finish and are in great shape. Depending on your market and timing, they're certainly worth $600 at a minimum (I wouldn't take less if I were you).   Where are you located?
    • I have 2 Loki max units (1 per channel) as my room has a weird layout and boosting or cutting on the left speaker which is on the side of the open kitchen helps tremendously.  They are great units and add no discernible noise to my AL5’s.  Tricky to implement into my control4 system but with some extra driver programming they can be remote operated in the music gear room with me sitting in the listening room where the speakers are located.  One word to the wise, do not turn them off and on when they are connected to your pre/amp and downstream equipment is on, they can generate a pretty big thump on power up.
    • @Jedster1Looks like the Atlantic Systems guys website is no longer functional. Are they still in biz? Didn't see it mentioned in the thread but may have missed it.  
    • Yes, this is the life of a Sunfire owner. Looking at some options now but still am a loyal Sunfire fan. And it sucks too as I had the unit connected to what I considered a decent Panamax surge protector. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. I think I'll put a master switch in the rack that disconnects everything when the system is not in use.   
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TFR