• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Nice color on the stain.  
    • I have not, still in the hunting and gathering part in regards to components.  Since I have other projects that take priority, this is on the back burner until fall/winter.     Have you considered the SP14?
    • Happy Birthday Kim Deal and Joey Santiago...    
    • Looking to sell everything 7.2.4 plus the receiver for $1000. pretty decent deal I think :)
    • Two guys grow up together, but after college one moves to Georgia and the other to Texas. They agree to meet every ten years in Florida to play golf.    At age 32 they meet, finish their round of golf, and head for lunch.    "Where do you wanna go?"  "Hooters."    "Why Hooters?"   "They have those servers with big boobs, tight shorts, and gorgeous legs."  "You're on."   At age 42, they meet and play golf again. "Where you wanna go for lunch?"   "Hooters."   "Again? Why?"   "They have a cold beer, big screen TVs, and side action on the games."   "OK."   At age 52 they meet and play again.   "So where do you wanna go for lunch?"   "Hooters.   "Why?"   "The food is pretty good and there's plenty of parking."   "OK."   At age 62 they meet again.   After a round of golf, one says, "Where do you wanna go?"   "Hooters."   "Why?"   "Wings are half price and the food isn't too spicy."   "Good choice"   At age 72 they meet again.   Once again, after a round of golf, one says, "Where shall we go for lunch?"   "Hooters."   "Why?"   "They have six handicapped parking spaces right by the door and they have senior discounts."   "Great choice."   At age 82 they meet and play again. "Where should we go for lunch?"   "Hooters."   "Why?"   "Because we've never been there before."   "Okay, let’s give it a try."
    • Nuff said Dave:    
    • @The Dude Have you finished your preamp project?   I've been looking pretty seriously at the Tubes4HiFi SP13 kit. It doesn't have a phono section, but I don't listen to that much vinyl and I can always play that through my Marantz. I also have a Rotel phono amp that I can haul out of storage if necessary.
    • I'm just tryin' to be a friend here for ya. 
    • I suggest before you buy anything that you try the r-15m bookshelves in the area you want to setup your system to see how good you can get the imaging/soundstage and tonal balance of the setup. If you have a subwoofer to test with as well that would be even better to give you an idea of what you can expect and an understanding of where you would like to improve the system once you get this baseline experience.   Heresy lll (F3 ~58Hz) and Heresy lV (F3 ~48Hz) Forte lll (F3 ~38Hz) and Forte lV (F3 ~38Hz) Cornwall ? Depending on model version the (F3 is approximately 34Hz to 38Hz) Chorus ll (F3 ~39Hz) La Scala (F3 ~51Hz)   Since you stated that room treatments aren’t likely to be an option and also your setup locations are pretty limited that really only leaves the option of which speakers gives you the most versatility in placement and any (visual concerns like physical size of the speakers come into play which is a personal taste factor as well as placement option factor).   When it comes to dealing with room/setup acoustical issues the options are room treatments and possibly increasing the direct to reflective ratio (ie: moving the speakers closer to the listener and farther away from the room boundaries (ie: corners and walls).   Physically smaller speakers tend to have advantages in being less visually obtrusive and physically less placement limited which can help with challenging acoustical room issues.   A separate subwoofer crossed higher with the mains can also allow more freedom to find the best main loudspeakers and subwoofer setup locations acoustically speaking in a room where setup and room treatments options are very limited.   Another option I have seen used is to have a setup where the main loudspeakers are placed for best visual appeal most of the time but when serious  higher quality listening is desired they can be moved into less compromised positions to enjoy.   I’m mostly trying to give you some ideas for options that you might want to explore to make the best personal choices for your unique situation.   miketn🙂
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    grillski2000