• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Glad someone got it. BillyBob. 😀
    • Hi fellow Klipsch peeps ,   Used to use Klipsch many years back and enjoyed their sound in certain setups in the 1990’s — but never had the room or could get them to sound right at all times . So now that I have a new home and an opportunity to do so — with better equipment than I have ever had before —-… here’s what’s happening      Anyways I am down the speaker rabbit hole again and looking at Klipsch RP-8000 II setup —for a combined home theater/music downstairs in my new home living room which is about 11x13 with open area dining room in the back and kitchen to the side. Carpeting and drapes in the living area. Pretty nice size. I was using my old DfTech BP7002 system and got to sound OK. Not as good as I had hoped. Recently tried different crossover setting(s) , placement etc. After initially thinking was good still couldn’t get it right for me. Bipolar speakers are hard to get right and when I had them in my  old condo they sounded wonderful. Now ironically in a bigger space in my new living room they just don’t sound nearly as good. Movies still sound pretty good but music sounds terrible./ok depending on what I am listening too. And I have a GoldenEar Sub XXL that is great but not matching as well as had hoped with the DefTech. My Yamaha CXA 5200 pre/pro is great and I have a Parasound A52 125 X 5 8 ohms amp and a Parasound 2125 for my infinity rear atmos speakers which work great. What I am saying is how good are these RP-8000 II ? I have read great reviews .. would they be really mesh well with an external amp .. (would the noise floor be an issue ? For example) like with my Def Techs if I put my ear up to them I can hear very very low level of hiss. Not even noticeable from where I sit. But Klipsch being much more efficient at 98 db (Altho the real measurement is more like 94) would that be an issue and would it be overkill ? Like being too much power or too Much of a good thing ?  I would be sitting about 9 feet away and the speakers would be placed about 2 feet or so from the back of the speaker to the front wall —similar to where my Def Techs are now in the living room. And about 8 feet or so apart. Unfortunately can’t put them anywhere else in the house , have to work with this room for the WAF . But again have read good reviews and my Parasound amp is quite musical and might be on the slightly warm side of neutral but with nice sparkle and I have a Oppo 205 and Rotel CD11 Tribute. So would like music — classic rock , classic jazz , soundtracks etc. Almost no classical. And also playing a lot of vinyl with my Technics 1200 mk5 with AudioTechnica VM740 ML cart. And of course love watching movies and concerts.  so if I did go this route would need the matching good center from Klipsch and small enough rear Klipsch speakers that could fit on my media rack behind the couch any insight or advice appreciated peeps thank you  much appreciated       PS on the Sensitivity question —- in more detail —   What is the actual sensitivity of these 8000 II’s ? Is it really 98 db ?I thought I read somewhere in actuality is much lower ? Sometimes even good high power external amps you can hear hiss or hum when u have that high of sensitivity. I’ve got a Parasound A52 and my Def Techs are about 91 db. If I put my ear up to the speaker can hear sometimes a very very low level hiss and hum .. but I have to get up to the speaker. Sitting about 9 feet away I don’t hear anything. I remember demoing a Sunfire amp back in the day with Klipsch that were 100 db efficient (legend series I think ) and in quiet parts could hear hum and hiss. But then used that same amp with like Infinities and could not hear anything like that !! . Just curious .. thanks  again     Sorry for all the extra detail but I figure this would be the best place to ask these questions to help shape my decision that I ultimately make !!   I really appreciate it   Michael   
    • I also need some timers !   @KROCK is always trying to spend my  communion $$$.   While he has 5-6 tables but hasn't offered 1 to me   @KROCK only offer was send down your lps   And he will play them back to me.. using a cell phone and the land line for stereo.   So far he hasn't sent my albums back..      
    • All it needs is a nice warm marinara bath and to be made all comfy in a warm blanket of pasta. 😈
    • You tell 'em Wimpy. 
    • This makes sense to me..https://voltiaudio.com/razz-forte-cabinets/ Won’t make up my mind until they are in my living room 
    • I'll gladly pay you on Tuesday for a bunch of styluses today 
    • As I suggested in another thread, one can always move the tweeter circuit down a tap.  In your case, move the tweeter circuit from Tap 3 to Tap 2.  This will lower the voltage across the tweeter another 3db, and may tame the sibilance you hear. 
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Vadermike