• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• @Invidiosulus yea, that kinda rolls with some of the FEMA boys n girls at times.  THEN when they step back and look at the big picture they tend to back off.  Might suprise you if some show up for the partay.  On a mission?  Prolly not but they have to stay professional and w/in their scope.  In all?  What they gonna do?  You're big kids and if they can't handle it?  It's on them.  You be werkin for the County Sheriff but he's werkin for FEMA.  By the time it's sorted ya'll be thru the last set.  Simple.   Sendin ya 33 semi-loads of mostly hay and some straw.  On the road today,  Pick up trucks full w/farmers helpin farmers.  3-mile line of vehicles.   Fresh outta the box at noon today.  lol  Just in time to make a Dr. appointment an hour away.  Temps mid 70's thru Wednesday then I'm thunkin it's over.     Stiff upper lip!                
    • It ain't cut out for the normal scene. And I'm sure not built like I was... so, it takes good "bait" to make a good catch!
    • I thought I heard a noise last night... slept almost normal for the first time in a while. Ya must have been in my ziplock inside a ziplock marked "stones" with that dope my happy pills in it🤣😂🤣
    • Then there's...  How's ya bass?  Nice n tight?  Responsive?  Nano second respnsive?  Take the ride!            Just a groove.  Catch it if ya can! 
    • @KT88 Yes, it actually is and so it mess way less with the sound, that's quite why I love some large band speakers actually as some doesn't need a crossover. Could it be that the woofers were actually tired or we improved the technology to make better speakers? All I know is that the K-33 is a mighty beast but maybe yours had an issue with the coil before you bought them. Normally, they go down to one ohm and a half in Khorn cabinets so it could be but something is odd about them being muddye.  I am glad you enjoyed the change though !    Okay, I'll do the same with my K-55-V, probably just remove the surface little line of rust over the metal case and leave it. I'll try to upload a youtube video of the sound of the system. Okay, so I'll see then if I am gonna change the internal speakers at all actually if I have to match the impedance with new speakers.    For now, I have to fix or redo the cabinets. And enjoy...
    • Gotta get that groove on boys!              MM/MC, gas/SS whatever it takes but ALWAYS thru Klipsch and you'catch it.  Guaranteed brothers! If Ya Know Ya Know! 
    • Congratulations again! You probably got the last or the year before last with the Alnico K77. I love them and I have the direct comparison with the K77M ferrite, which I have as a spare pair here. Personally, I think the sound of the Alnicos is fantastic. If I may contribute my 2 cents. In the 25 years, I have made many mistakes with pseudo-improvements and changes. It was all to the detriment of the speakers. Only at the beginning you don't want to admit it to yourself... because you had made the changes.   To make a long story short, just my personal opinion. Be sure to keep all the coils and all the original internal wiring. Change the capacitors. Even if they look good and are dry, believe me, they are no longer good after 45 years. They make the sound of the midrange and tweeter quieter and cloudier. I felt it in my 1977 LaScala and my 1973 Klipschhorn. Don't buy capacitors that are supposedly better and more modern.   Only buy the capacitors that Roy Delgado, Klipsch's chief engineer, has identified. They sound very similar to the old originals. And they do it right re the electrical values (more and others than just capacity) so that the overall impedance of the crossover is maintained. It's a very big positive effect in the sound.  Another real improvement. Clean all the contact points on the screws and spades on the crossover. If you can solder, vacuum the old solder points on the crossover and spades of the wiring and resolder everything. It makes an audible difference. Everything becomes smoother and silkier and there are no more shrill tones. I wouldn't do any more than that. That's what I've learned after a few false starts. You can get Klipsch-certified capacitors for your Xover Type AA here:   https://jemperformanceaudio.com/capacitor-kits
    • Question for you... I saw you commented on an old thread that you built a Danley DTS10 into a platform.  You would have any pictures of how this was done, would you?  I'm curious as I'm thinking about repurposing the lil monster.  Thanks, Jim  
    • Wel need to talk about your "dancin."  Nuff said.  Lawdy, looks like another red-headed step-brother surfacing.  Heaven help us!  😂
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Konservo