• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Thought I'd update this thread- while I enjoyed these speakers the "newness" kind of wore off and they ended up being my overall least favorite in rotation. One thing I noticed when comparing these to my forte IV's was that the input sensitivity between the two seemed to be the exact same, which sparked an idea. I picked up a set of forte III parts and was originally going to make a separate woofer section for the k48 but looking at the schematic decided to just change two parts on the crossovers instead.     I have basically created real Chorus III's! These are now one of my favorite speakers, they sound incredible! I would say somewhere between the ki-396 and forte IV- these things are midrange monsters, the voices are just so big and life-like, I easily prefer these over the 396's as they have that same big midrange sound but at the same time just so much more musical. They still lack the "airyness" of the f-IV and my 335's but they do everything else extremely well.              
    • Quick Summary Using the Aux-in socket on the Nines results in static noises when interacting with some Windows 10 desktop elements - e.g. the Start menu, or opening the volume in the taskbar generates static, hovering clickable menu items in Spotify, ... At the moment I'm concluding Aux-In on the Nines is broken. Any other suggestions appreciated.   Set-Up I have a pair of Klipsch the Nines, an Onkyo RZ50 Receiver, a PC and an LG C1 TV.  The Nines work fine when connected to the PC via USB, or when connected to the eARC port on the TV and receiving audio from the PC that way. The problem occurs when trying to use AUX or RCA-in on the Nines.   Problem is between the PC, TV and The Nines I have been trying to add the Nines to a surround sound setup running on the RZ50 (the other speakers in the mix are an RP-504C ii and 4x RP-500SAii, but I think they are removed from the equation whilst addressing this problem). For days I was connecting via the pre-outs on the RZ50 to either the Aux in or RCA in on the Nines. I can get sound performing but always this strange static problem outlined above. As I only just got the RZ50 I assumed I was setting something wrong with it. Today I took the RZ50 out of the equation, and tested a direct connection between the PC and The Nines using AUX in, and the problem persists.   Static when interacting with some elements in Windows On a quiet desktop, there is no background noise.   Using either a RCA connection from the RZ50 Pre-outs to the Nines or an AUX connection from the PC to the Nines, I see: Bursts of static occurs when: > Opening the start menu > Opening the taskbar menus > Moving the mouse over some clickable UI elements for the first time (e.g. links in the start menu, song titles in Spotify)   When using the AUX connection directly from the PC to the Nines, low-level static is also present all the time.     What have I tested in the AV set-up? Various cables (used 3x different RCA cables from RZ50 to Nines, 2x AUX cables from PC to Nines). [This is includes testing with some very high, high end well insulated cables]. Different PCs (two different PCs running Windows 10 get the same outcome) Different TVs (tested using an LC C1 as monitor and a TCL R646 as monitor, both get same result) Grounding the Nines and the Receiver Grounding the Nines and the PC Moving the Receiver further from the Nines and PC Turning off the Receiver and unplugging it, removing it from the equation Adding ferrite cores to all cables to reduce EMI Unplugging the second Nines speaker and using only the main speaker Within the Onkyo RZ50, also tested various settings including changing the speaker config, volume levels etc but this is now "out of the picture" given the problem exists directly between the PC and the Nines   What have I tested in Windows?  Disabling system sounds Disable ease of use features that might highlight clickable items Changing sound output formats   What haven't I tested? Moving the Nines and PC much further apart (PC 1 is 3 feet away, PC 2 is 6 feet away from the Nines).    Any help would be greatly appreciated.   I will submit as a ticket to Klipsch also.   Best Matt
    • Looks like Pioneer and Pioneer Elite will no longer be listed for sale on the Klipsch website?  Just curious why if anyone knows.   Thanks.    
    • These are obviously not meant for modders or DIY-ers. This is a product aimed at a small market: NYC and LA audio fanciers with a decent budget and who want the vintage look, the backstory with the Altec look and Klipsch provenance, and some reassurance of manufacturer support. They will sell out. There won't be a crash in value on the resale market, because few will be resold and the small limited edition numbers produced will support their market value. This is a product for moneyed enough buyers who want speakers for a tube setup (or a prestige ss amp, McIntosh, Sugden, AR) that still fit in an apartment living room. These aren't the buyers of Linn or B&O high-end "lifestyle" systems, and they aren't buyers of stratospheric stuff from OMA. Maybe they would cross-shop DeVore or Audio Note. They want something more exclusive than Klipsch Heritage.
    • Those are nice.
    • Hi all, I'm looking for 2 replacement 8" woofers for the below speakers: I have RB-5 Mahogany S/N  RB5MA-01080158 Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I never get a response from Klipsch.
    • Still on the lookout. These, or a set of Chorus II's, or even CF-4's (I can dream)
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SurroundSoundGaming