Home Theater

Talk about Klipsch Home Theater products and setups including Floorstanders, Bookshelf Speakers, Soundbars and more here!

31649 topics in this forum

1. "Feeling" the Bass

• 3 replies
    • 10 replies
  2. Receiver Problem

• 3 replies
  3. Center Channel for KLF-20s

• 6 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 10 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 0 replies
  4. Denon VCR

• 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 9 replies
  5. Best surrounds for KLF-20s

• 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
  6. "Tippy" sub

• 5 replies
    • 3 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Maybe totally unrelated but.........I discerned a buzz in my 402 mid/high left side UG Jube speaker. This was at idle "no signal". It is masked when almost any level of music is played. I will not say that I never noticed it before but I am fine tuning and trying to squeeze the best performance possible and it was easy to ignore in the past. I tracked it down to the in-wall wiring going to the left speaker. The electrician that ran the wires must have run some power wiring along side the speaker wire for too long a distance. When I swapped out the in-wall speaker wire with externally run wire the problem is gone.
    • I've detected that one of my Khorns (early 80's) has a nasty buzz between 230 and 400hz.  Not only is there a buzz, but also a noticeable volume difference.  In other frequencies, they are pretty much the same, with no buzz.   I swapped the K55v drivers and the problem followed the driver.   I replaced the rubber gasket between driver and horn.  Problem remained.  I see that Crites has diaphragms available.  Is that my likely path to solving this?  I've replaced diaphragms before, so I'm not scared of the project, unless there is something uniquely challenging?   I've read some forum posts that suggest sound quality improves with new diaphragms, being that the old are brittle by now.  Anyone confirm this?   Thanks for any direction or input.
    • Of the options listed, I’ve heard many good things about matching Klipsch with NAD and Cambridge Audio.
    • Two excellent solo performances with Hour of Power choir   Maynard      
    • Recent gem by Gaither Vocal Band   Maynard    
    • Not mine, no affiliation, no interest....   https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3576880255894633/   For posterity...    
    • Hi all, ended up selling them in less than 24 hours to someone for $3250 though I had several other buyers interested in coming by for $3500. Thanks for all the input!
    • Lagging --   One method to use is with a distribution panel and impedance matching volume controls.  I used this in a previous house, two speakers at the patio and two in the kitchen ceiling. Used a Dayton class D amp.   Had a 4 post speaker wall panel that had multiple outputs on the rear. Run speaker connections to the volume control (one for each set of speakers) and then on to the speakers.  Set the number of speakers/load at the volume control.  Powered all four with a Dayton class D amp.   Am doing the same at the house we just moved to.  Using a monoprice 8 pair distribution panel.  Feed that with a Aiyima A7 amp.   From the left -  distribution panel - Aiyima - amp power - DAC - not seen raspberry Pi   Only the porch speakers wired currently, the kitchen is being renovated starting in a few week so hope to have the ceiling speakers install in the next couple of months.  The raspberry runs a spotify connect client (raspotify) so I can run things from my phone (via the LAN) or use RDP to use VLAN to play ripped tunes from the connected USB SSD