Prayers for Dale please

colterphoto1

A very good friend of mine has terminal cancer. Dale had one kidney removed last year about this time and the cancer returned last fall. He has a tumor that has made one leg inop for a couple of months now and was told just last week he has two months to live. Just now I got word that his other kidney is failing and that expectation isnow one to two weeks. He just got over a case of pnemonia and is in the hospital.

Dale will leave behind a wonderful wife Jacki, and son Alex 15 and daughter Sophia 11. Everyone knows the story and his friends have been staying with him night and day for the past couple of weeks. Dale will turn 54 this Friday and a party is planned in his honor.

If you're of the mind, please say a prayer for peaceful passage from this world for Dale and peace of mind for his young family. I'm heading up there right now to hang with him for a few hours. It's time to say the important things.

Peace,

Michael

Cancer sucks.

U got it Michael.

It's not only now.. But later his wife and kids need friends...3 months, 6 months, a year later.

People always say if you need anything call me, because they do not know what to say.

Share good stories about Dale with her at this time. Especially if he can add something to them too! Hopefully friends n family will really be good now and later.

Same exact thing took my best friend at 40. Discovered in Nov- gone by April. One of the worst thing that I ever had to watch/go through. He left my 2 sons a pair of extremely rare Colt single action revolvers. I get sick every time I open the safe and see them. Your story reminds me of him,. I know that you don't think so now but time will numb the pain after his passing. Hang in there.I hope his passing is painless and peaceful.

The good news is that the kidney failure will be less painful for Dale and his family than going slowly fading from cancer.

He was in good spirits today, I was at his side from 10-3 and several others dropped in during that time. He signed the hospice papers which means that he is refusing further treatment for cancer and dialysis. He'll be going home tomorrow and as his time draws near the hospice folks will take him to a hospice facility near his home so his kids won't see him die at home. Jacki will be telling the kids the news tonight. I hope she got some rest today.

His 54th birthday is tomrrow. We're having a huge party on Friday night to celebrate his life.

This feels all grown up in a funny but sad sort of way. I wasn't this mature when either of my parents passed.

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers. When I left Dale today he was peacefully sleeping.

Michael

Michael – I wish Dale a very peaceful journey and hope that he remains in good spirits for the remainder of his life. 54 is so young, I wish his family and loved ones strength during these very difficult times and I am sure he is going to have a birthday party that will be one to remember.