Keep me in your thoughts

They say strife builds character.

I don't know about you, but I'm about as charismatic as I care to get! [:P]

That said, we can all use some Good Vibrations from time to time, so here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeD_6Y3GQc

Good thoughts are sent your way. Get someone local to add a Margarita to that, and you've got the beginnings of the weekend.

Hope things improve for you. [Y]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klipsch Employees

Ok, first thank you all for the thoughts. It helps to know that I have so many that care.

Not to get to into it, but if things go as SHE plans, I will be single in 2-3 months.

After 21 years of being in love, I have been ask to stop.

My brother Steve P is putting me up at his place and I am finding that I have more friends than I ever knew.

Kathy and I are being civil and not fighting over anything. We want to make this as easy on the kids as we can.

I am getting to see the kids any time I want.

I know GOD has a plan, I just wish I could see what it is.

Today is a bad day because I received the papers today.

It blows my mind that you can do away with a 21 year mariage in 60 days.

A lot of you know me and know I am not looking for pity.

I know prayer can help no mater where it comes from.

So, again Thank you.

Ok, first thank you all for the thoughts. It helps to know that I have so many that care.

Not to get to into it, but if things go as SHE plans, I will be single in 2-3 months.

After 21 years of being in love, I have been ask to stop.

My brother Steve P is putting me up at his place and I am finding that I have more friends than I ever knew.

Kathy and I are being civil and not fighting over anything. We want to make this as easy on the kids as we can.

I am getting to see the kids any time I want.

Today is a bad day because I received the papers today.

It blows my mind that you can do away with a 21 year mariage in 60 days.

A lot of you know me and know I am not looking for pity.

I know prayer can help no mater where it comes from.

So, again Thank you.

Hey Trey I am sending you good vibes and will in the coming days.

Next time you are down this way I'll take us out for some more killer ribs.

Trust in Him. If I've learned anything in my life (and some would debate that), it's that while many times I've not known how I was going to get through a situation, somehow I have always managed to survive.

It may sound a bit cliche, but the Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God cannot protect you.

Take care.

• Moderators

Trust in Him. If I've learned anything in my life (and some would debate that), it's that while many times I've not known how I was going to get through a situation, somehow I have always managed to survive.

It may sound a bit cliche, but the Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God cannot protect you.

Take care.

That is so well said. I will have to remember that. Another thing Trey, Hebrews 11:1, look it up and read it, burn it into your heart. Many times in my life I have felt hopelessness and if not for that verse I am not sure what would have happened.

Trey, you have a pm.

• Moderators

"It blows my mind that you can do away with a 21 year mariage in 60 days. "

You know Louisiana law requires an 18 month wait for a final divorce if children are involved. In addition, the judge can order counseling or anything else he feels would benefit the "family."

I did have mixed emotions about that law when I first heard it, but considering children have to live a lifetime with one absent parent after a divorce. Eighteen months isn't that long after all.

Thoughts and Prayers with you Troy. I try and put myself in your shoes(I can't!) and I can just imagine what your feeling. Be as strong as you can, and breathe, breathe breathe!!! When things are getting to you at moments you find hard, take deep breaths, it works!

Trey--I, too, have my papers sitting in my desk here at work. 26 years of marriage and she wanted no more (with me, found someone else that she liked more). I tried everything humanly possible; but, i couldn't make her love me. She endured all those years for the sake of the kids; but, they're grown now.
We decided not to fight about anything and the kids, although sad, wanted us to finally be happy and did not want to be caught in the middle. I think that is the wisest thing you can do for their sake--do not make them choose between the two of you. No child should have to take Mommy's side over Daddy's or vice versa.
Being single (so to speak) has been culture shock. I've been on my own over a year already (we had to wait to file for some financial reasons); but, since then I've met someone that actually likes me for just being me. It's such a rush to have someone love me finally and not because they're obligated to.
The pain is great now--I know. Probably harder for you than it was me, as I had advance warning. I knew years ago that she didn't love me; but, i kept trying. It was like living with a terminally ill person, you know they're going to die--you just don't when exactly. When the end did finally arrive--yes, i was sad; but, it wasn't a shock and i had used all of my tears already.
I wish I could make this easier on you--stay close to God--He is still in control. My brother told me that the Lord can return the land that the locusts have eaten--meaning for me, that although i felt like 26 years went down the drain--but, God can still make the rest of my life more enjoyable than I've ever imagined.
Hang in there my friend.
Steve

P.S. If you need to get away and happen to be on the West Coast (Huntington Beach area), my door is open, and you're more than welcome.

Trey, I have walked in similar shoes. My ex told me I was a great husband but that she wanted to be single. I realize now that we both loved her a whole lot. It was civil and I'm happily remarried. If I can offer one piece of advice, its to lean on other family members during this hard time and know that the sun will shine again.

Though we have not met, your welcome to PM or email me. I'll be glad to chat about it over the phone. Best wishes to you.

I just wanted to join in wishing the best for ya Trey.I have two friends in similar situations,one(with 3 kids) found out his wife had an all too friendly relationship with his married neighbor.He's pretty tore down but his friends are still thereThe other left his 20yr wife for a real sleazy lookin' gal,I work on him every chance I get.Good Luck,always keep in mind what looks very bad today will look better someday,there may be a plan you don't know about yet.

Trey, sorry to hear the bad news. There will be a brighter side to it as time passes.

For a while, you:

1. Get to pick what you eat every time.

2. Get to watch whatever you want on TV.

3. Get to stay up all hours of the night if you want.

4. Don't have to "check in."

5. Get to hang with the buds a lot more.

And then..... along comes someone who really loves you and wants to be with you, and you have to kiss goodbye to 1-5.

One of my very best friends just went through this. Couple of rough years but he held it together. He did the things that he wanted to do and previously could not. Went on trips that she would not allow before. Bought the German short haired pointer that he always wanted. Bought the 4wd truck that she would not have in the driveway. Bought a nice house and remodeled it to suit him rather than her. And now he has met a beautiful wonderful lady that has no problem with those things. He could not be happier. If this thing is pretty much final you just gotta suck it up and look at this as an opportunity rather than a loss. I know several friends that are better for the change. They far outnumber the others who are worse off. All the best wishes for your new life. Hang in there bud- every day will get better- believe and it will happen.

Trey - I'm very sorry to hear this news. Prayers and good thoughts are headed your way from the East Coast.

Although I cannot possibly imagine what you are going through, I can say that your children love you very much, and you love them, and this will never change. As others have said, the pain will eventually subside, and your life will be a better one. Remember to lean on your family as they are a great source of comfort and strength at this point. As you can see here, you also have a lot of friends on here who care about you very much.

You will persevere with the help of your family, your friends and your faith. Hang in there. We're all on your side, wishing you well.