Keep me in your thoughts

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barbara and I were married for five years, got divorced and then became belivers. We remarried in '77. Things only got better until '05 when cancer took her away. Keep Him at the center and you will come through ok whatever happens.

You certainly have my prayers!

These days I see life as many trials that we must endure and they serve to make us better and stronger human beings if we keep our minds right. Well it was 9 years ago when I was where your at now Trey and it was a rough year for me to get through but I can tell you I was able to grow in ways I couldn't have imagined before this had happened to my family but now I can look back and without question know that I wouldn't change a thing and I'm at peace and very happy and given time a Good person like youself will find this also I'm sure!

A couple of the wisest things that were said to me at the time were "Where is God in your life?" and also "To find peace be honest with yourself and try to understand what really was happening in the marriage and accept your part in the relationship". When I reached the answers to these questions it allowed me to accept things for how they really were/are and to get on with my life. This trial also awakened me to a reality I had never recognized before and I now realized my human limitations in this world because within a blink of an eye all my many plans and efforts went up in smoke. Since this happened I always pray God's will be done in my life and all my loved one's and I now pray this for you and your family also Trey because I've learned to have faith and trust in him even though things of life on this earth are often beyond my complete understanding.

My best advice to anyone found in this situation is focus on the kids and their needs and just as important is to take care of yourself especially during this very rough period because that also is the best thing you can do for your kids!

mike tn

Wow, these are the kind of life's dealings that I struggle to find appropriate words to express my thoughts. So let me just say this. Prayers most assuredly go out to you and know you can bend our ears or strain our eyes any time. Keep you chin up, you are one of the really good people in this world.

• Moderators

I don't know what to say that has not been said already here. Very sorry to hear of this but I know your a good person so I know you will do the right thing, take care of yourself the kids will need you. This can be a beginning as much as it is and end, the kids will expect as much from you now or even more than before.

If there is anything we can do please let us know.

I don't know what to say that has not been said already here. Very sorry to hear of this but I know your a good person so I know you will do the right thing, take care of yourself the kids will need you. This can be a beginning as much as it is and end, the kids will expect as much from you now or even more than before.

If there is anything we can do please let us know.

Yes, just about everything has been said...But I'll offer a piece of advice that was offered to me when I went thru the same situation. It may seem a little trite but it was offered by someone I greatly respected, and have since seen it as a good piece of advice....."John whatever you do keep on smiling, even when it's the last thing you feel like doing". All the best Trey.

Trey, I write this as I head out the door for my son's graduation from Paramedic school. Mine ended after 14 years of marriage. (it sounds like a similar situation to yours).

As other people have said, life will get better and you will come through this a stronger person. My kids and I have remained EXTREMELY close and see each other at least once a week. (They are both in their 20's now.) They both love my S.O. and refer to her as their mother. (My S.O. thinks that is really cool.) We will be getting married in the next year or so and I know this marriage will be forever!

Hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train heading toward you.

do not make them choose between the two of you

As a child of a bitter divorce, those are great words to try to abide by. My folks had the nastiest divorce I've ever seen yet the one thing they tried to do was not let it affect us kids (though it certainly did to an extent)

Today, all kids have good relations with both parents. It's still interesting to have a significant family event (wedding, graduation...) and both parents are forced to be in the same place at same time. Dad has remarried twice, mom has never remarried.

You can feel the chill in the air even to this day 37 YEARS later. My two cents would be, no matter how hard it might be, you (both?) will probably have some hurtful issues with each other. I'd hope if this happens you can manage the pain and let it pass over after some time and be genuinely civil with each other (this works for her too).

It is SUCH a .... pain in the rumpus to have both of your parents at your graduation, wedding or something other and they are always on opposite sides of the room, house, church and if or when you ever see a chicken leg bone fly through the air the first suspicion you have is one of them tossing it at the other!

It would be really nice if (in my case) both parents were able to say "hey,,, ya know... at one time I thought you were pretty/handsome and a nice enough person that I wanted to try to spend the rest of my life with you...though it didn't work we have 3 kids so let's look on the bright side of things and leave the chicken bones on the plates"

(chicken bones were added for dramatic purposes only and no chickens were harmed while creating your mental images [;)])

Another thought...

Moody Blues, "You can never go home" has a line in it, "Every happy ending needs to have a start"

I've had some trials like anyone as we all walk through this life. When I hit something that stops me cold I have always thought of this specific line and I think it's so true.

Not to make light of your current situation but, 1,3,5 years down the road you will have a happy ending. For all we know today, she could wake up and beg forgivemess and you live the rest of your love on a higher plane. It might be something else. Regardless of how it unfolds for you, it seems today is your start.