What's your favorite cheap beer?

Yukon Jackass

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what determines cheap? quality or price? ...stella artois is a very cheap beer in many parts of the world, though here in the states it's the douchebag drink of choice. i like it, but then again ...there are very few beers i've had that i didnt like (somewhere over the range of 300)

Some guidelines:

USA (lower 48, to be exact), and when I say "cheap," I mean the mainstream stuff like Bud and MGD, and all stuff priced in that range and under. Yuengling Lager is a PA beer, and costs the same as Miller does in PA, etc. However, in Vermont - where I attended college - it's not very common and was priced in the same range as Sam Adams and Pete's Wicked (R.I.P.), or at least it was a decade or so ago.

If it's gonna be a cheap one, I do enjoy a Miller High Life in a bottle every once in a while. I rarely drink the low cost American lagers, though.....I'm much more about the premium products as I get older. My "staple beer" is New Belgium's Fat Tire amber ale, and with that available in local stores I cannot pick up a typical lager and let the Fat Tire go by.....

If it's gonna be a cheap one, I do enjoy a Miller High Life in a bottle every once in a while. I rarely drink the low cost American lagers, though.....I'm much more about the premium products as I get older. My "staple beer" is New Belgium's Fat Tire amber ale, and with that available in local stores I cannot pick up a typical lager and let the Fat Tire go by.....

Ditto on the Fat Tire Amber.

Budweiser American Ale ain't too bad.

I've been known to drink a lot of Miller Lite when I lived places where the tap water tasted bad.

-JPB

given the guidelines ..bud light is my go-to when all i want to do is drink for drinking sake. my favorite all around beer is new castle ..my favorite american brews come from either samuel adams or new belgium ... or flying dog ..sierra nevada ...and then there is the home brew. brother in law, father in law, and myself all brew ..so there's always a variety of high gravity beers to enjoy:)

My favorite cheap beer here is called 5,0 (German from Braunschweig) costs €9,50 (about $13,50) a case, 24 x 0,5Liter. No nice label or anything just black with a 5,0 on it. It has 5,2% and is very tasty for the money.

American beer I would have to say Bud or anything not in a can!! Since I´ve been here I can not drink a beer out of a can. (Well mabie if you twist my arm [;)])