How many people here DON'T have a cell phone?

wuzzzer

Me, in effect. Mine is nearly always docked in a charging cradle in my car, so it's really a hands-free car phone -- mic behind the RV mirror, the audio system is the speakers. I can remove and carry it as a cell, but that's unusual.

I wish I didn't.

I'll second that; it's free (Work pays for it) but I can be contacted at various hours with work related issues.

On a related story; My SO has free Comcast internet and a laptop provided by her job; but when she calls in sick; she gets to WORK FROM HOME. [:|]

2 months, 9 days, 7 hours and 45 minutes.....to go. And you can bet that' I'll turn the damn thing in and walk out the door. After that, it's a "If I ain't home, then I'm out or busy and it will be leave a message" or....

Call my wife's cell phone!!!! LOLOL!!! She'll track me down, fer' sure!!!! [6]

[H]

The only requirement I had for a cell phone was three big buttons, one green for turning on, one red for 911 and the other black for a tow truck. So far no-one

has come up with that system so the hell with them.

JJK

I do not have a cell phone.
And I have no plans to ever get or need one.
I have voice mail at work and a message machine at home.
If I am not there to answer the telephone, leave me a message.
Why should I be instantly available 24/7/365?

I do not have an iPod.
Or any type of portable media player.
When I listen to music, I listen to music on a real audio system.
I do not need to listen to music 24/7/365.

I do not have an iPad.
Or Kindle or E-book, etc.
When I want to read a book, I read a book.

I do not have a portable laptop PC.
Or a net book, or iPad (see above).
I have a computer, monitor, and scanner/printer at work and on my desk at home.
Why do I need to take a computer with me every place I go?
I do not need a computer 24/7/365.

I do not have a GPS.
When I don't know where I am going, I consult a map.
Or I ask someone for directions.
I can tell what direction is North by observing the sun, the position of the North star or moon, and/or by the use of a compass.
Finding my way to-and-fro has never been a problem. I have never found myself lost.

**********************************************************************************************************

Some might say that I am adverse to technology.

**********************************************************************************************************

I would say, "Bu*****t".

I am an ITS Manager. So I am not afraid to embrace technology. It is my career, but it is not my life. :)

I have a telephone on my desk at work and at home. I employ the use of voice mail and a message machine to catch the calls that I miss.

I have an audio system (see my System Profile). I even have audio systems in both of my vehicles. :)

I read an average of 75 books per year and subscribe to over a dozen monthly magazines which I devour cover-to-cover. I subscribe to 2 daily newspapers. I read the regional newspaper every day at lunch and the local paper every evening. And I read online news sources on a daily basis such as edition.cnn.com, www.bbc.co.uk, www.nytimes.com, www.washingtonpost.com, www.guardian.co.uk, etc. I read these on a full sized monitor. . .see below.

I have very robust computers(!) on my desktops at work and at home.

And as I have already said, I own a compass and a map. They have never failed to get me to-and-from wherever I need to go.

By the way, I also do not own or need a watch. Clocks are literally e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e.

And when I take a photograph, I use a camera (not a telephone).

When I need a calculator, I grab a calculator (not a telephone).

Not me, I first had one in the mid 90's before most people had one and it was really cool to have one, I needed it for business at that time. But when everyone started having them it wasn't fun to have one anymore and when I didn't need it for business anymore I got rid of mine.

For my home phone I had Vonage for years but recently switched to Ooma so now I have no phone bill at all. Ooma works great my home phone is better than ever and best of all free any where in the US and no more phone bill.

Went all these years without one and my Mother got one for my birthday. Said now that I have children I need it. It's been nice to have a few times, but it was so enjoyable to NOT have one.

Our friends and family all talk behind my back because the cell phone phenomenon is something I get on the soap box for. We don't allow them in our basement. In fact, there will be a sign at the top of our stairs telling people to check all electronic devices in at the door. They aren't wanted in our place of serenity. If you've got something that important, then you aren't fully engaged with us...and you can go home and do important things! :)

A couple of my co workers this week asked why I have never answered their texts . Umm , they have been texting a land line . Some other old friends had a get together and said they couldn't find me on face book and didn't have my cell # . Idiots , I have been in the phone book and at my present address and phone # for 17 years .

I have a $10 no-frills phone and a $7/month no-frills plan from Virgin Mobile that I use only for emergencies. I don't give my cell phone number to anybody except family and trusted friends, with instructions that they only use it when all other methods of contact have failed.

So far the system works pretty well.

A couple of my co workers this week asked why I have never answered their texts . Umm , they have been texting a land line . Some other old friends had a get together and said they couldn't find me on face book and didn't have my cell # . Idiots , I have been in the phone book and at my present address and phone # for 17 years .

i dont have a phone book...

Man, I'm the total opposite. I have a land line that I don't answer but use for work and job leads. I always have my cell phone on, 24/7/365, and next to me. I use it for email, text, calls, internet when I'm out and need it, google maps and games.

James