Audiovox to purchase the Klipsch group

Rick

The cold, hard truth is that our beloved, traditional 2-channel world of big, honkin' (no pun intended) speakers is ever shrinking. Too many gurlie-men letting their significant others rule the roost, banishing those "big, honkin' speakers to the family room...then the man-cave...and then to the garage on their way to the curb. Too much competition for a smaller pie. Competition from video, gaming, computer this and that. Most younger folk today just don't seem too interested in tradional hi-fi. At least not to the extent that they are willing to lay out big bucks for it instead of throwing money at the latest i-crap.

I am sorry but I have to disagree with this. Would be pretty hard to listen to Cornwalls at the gym, so I have to settle for some of this "i-crap" in the form of Image S4s. Would also be pretty difficult to listen to Cornwalls on the plane as well, thus more "i-crap" in the form of my Custom-3s. Also can't exactly pack a pair of Cornwalls or K-horns in my laptop bag. However, I can easily take a pair of ProMedia 2.0s for such purpose. Yup, more of that "i-crap". I like to listen to my big rig, but I also like to take my tunes with me as well. If I am going to be buying this stuff, it might as well be from Klipsch, where I know I am going to get something really nice for my money from a company that I trust.

Don't take it personally. I do realize k-horns make lousy headphones. Although they have been referred to as "the world's biggest pair of headphones", in these and other pages.[H] But I digress... The point was that most people choose to spend their hard-earned $$$ on things other than big, he-man speakers. Speaker like...virtually everything PWK built his company with. I'm not knocking the use mp3 players, headphones, or even i-pods, by anyone who wants to do so. I'm just saying most of us only have x-amount of discretionary dollars at our disposal, and most of us aren't spending those dollars on big, honkin' speakers these days.

Klipsch did start out as one man's vision, and I am glad the company can continue to produce those speakers as a result of that man's vision, in the form of the Heritage series. However, I disagree with the "Nothing since those iconic designs" statement. Seems we are already seeing something built on the RF-7s (look at the re-releases and now the "RF-7 II" model that seems to be getting a lot of good press both here and in the normal audiophile rags). For many folks, the Heritage is just not practical. For example, if you don't have two good corners in a sizable room, Klipschorns are not going to work out too good. Also many small apartments won't take the likes of LaScalas or Cornwalls to good. Yes, the Heresy's could work in such situations. And as much as people like to deny, but there are, unfortunatly, folks that just dont' like the looks and would prefer something more along the lines of the RF-7s. For my particular application, the RF-7s fits what I need perfectly and I can not be happier, even after listening to many a really nice Heritage based setup. As much as some of you "purists" like to believe otherwise, but the Heritage is NOT the "end-all, be-all" when it comes to speakers.

Do you honostly believe that Klipsch would even still be around had they not come out and produced all of these other models? Hell, even PWK himself knew that! To be really "pure", Klipsch should've never came out with anything other than the Khorn. However, PWK himself knew that in order to get more models to appeal more people, it was necessary to create others such as the Heresy's and the Cornwalls.

Again, please don't take what I said personally. I did say in the first post I wasn't knocking the newer stuff. I have admired many of the Reference models and almost bought a pair of RB75's once. I will stick to my guns as far as the heritage speakers being the only iconic products, though. And that is not a knock on anything else Klipsch makes. There are not many speakers that are instantly recognizable to legions of audio and HT fans. I think of klipschorns, la scalas, Bose 901's, Maggies, Quads...and probably some more but that's all that comes immediately to mind.

Sure, there's lot's of situations where big speakers just won't work, but that is quite beside the point I was trying to make; which was, that the heritage models are special. They're not just speakers at this point. No more than a Harley Sportster is "just a motorcycle". Anything that survives in the marketplace as long as the k-horn and her stablemates has, and has garnered the praise and respect they have, has truly achieved "icon" status.

I'm sure you're right about klipsch probably not being around today if all they had was the heritage line. Well, they might be around, but would probably be much smaller and even more exclusive than they are now. Again, that's beside the point. John Deere might not be around either, if they didn't sell so many over-priced lawn mowers! My point was it's a different world today than it was during the "golden age" of hi-fi, when PWK and others built their brands. And unfortunately, "big ol' horns" don't seem to have much of a place in it.[:'(]

We are highly profitable, which is different from the rest of the audio companies to date.

Sounds like it's time for a Klipsch Blue Light Special (ex. Buy One Get One Free). Stick out tongue

Maybe you could have a deal like Lowes did this year as a Pre-Black Friday online event from their Facebook Page. First ____ people to email them got an item at 90% Off. Cmon Klipsch, you know you would love to share the love with your loyal Klipsch fans. Big Smile

How about free 'phones? Some X5's would be nice. Or even some S3's for coworkers to try. Most are scared to try the X10's as they look expensive. Doh! Sent the clear single medium gels I usuallly use in with old ones with splitting strain releif syndrome thouth hadn't really gotten worse than when I first notice. Naturally replacement come with all gels except the medium single flange (and the mythical extra small single flange that never really existed, but somehow we have 5 (the other only known member of SECS, a highly secretive undergound club, other than our daughter sent her a couple of spare pairs after getting the 1st at Pilgrimage 2008 where a few samples were allegedly available) but one gel was lost in the family truckster Grand Caravan.

Anyway, the black medium single flange gels that came with the Custom 2 with which I normally used the large single flange gels give the X10's an even more expensive and sexier look. They disappear in my rather cavernous ear canal anyway.

Our youngest daughter now has a "hearing instrument" at almost $3K it better be better than a hearing aid. Has on option to use bluetooth but audiologist said only works with 2. ... not so sure but requires rather expensive remote and not sure if the bluetooth built in or not. May find out if need the remote to add more than the 4 programs available. 3 currently in use. Normal conversation. Noisy, restaruant environments, and loud environments so can use with organ at church and then change to normal to hear the sermon. And hopefully the outdoor concerts we attend in town. Too loud if reasonably close and most PA's don't reach 300' away really well (a local band has a nice EV set up that does better than about anything else I've heard there - even some much larger PA's. Maybe we can now sit at normal distances?

So with the hearing instrument in ear 'phones don't work. The largest (and cheap Sennheiser) over the ear phones we could find cause all kinds of feedback and that thing generates some pretty hideous feedback. Prior to the hearing insturment she used X10s with a very inexpensive headphone amplifier with internal gain that could be adjusted independently for each ear. Lowered for her good ear in the hope she didn't trask the hearing in that ear which isn't the best. She has found that she can sit an iPod bud behind the hearing instrument with other in ear so time to try it with something better. Maybe get some S3's to try with that. If the X10's would work, too small as I think she tried it but not sure she's tried the Custom 2 maybe add an auxilarry bendable wire thingy to hold behind and outside the ear?

Ok.. So half off S3's I'd buy some when wallet and checking account empty as current. Half off X5 would be hard to resist though I just didn't have the coin when the earlier packaging version was almost 1/2 off form a legitimate Klispch retailer. But they may be too small for new use anyone. I just like the sound better than the X10 which are incredible.

Can I get a commission if I can prove I've convinced anybody to actually buy the X10,5, or S4 or S2 or newer S3? Still haven't heard the new Image One because as great as the sound of the X10 and Custom 2 and as comfortabls as they are there are some days my crabby ears just balk at sticking anything in 'em. So my Grado SR60's still get a couple of hours of use every other week or so.

Maybe you could have a deal like Lowes did this year as a Pre-Black Friday online event from their Facebook Page. First ____ people to email them got an item at 90% Off. Cmon Klipsch, you know you would love to share the love with your loyal Klipsch fans. Big Smile

Todays Deal: First five people to order a pair of Palladium P-39F's and Youthman pays 90% of your bill. Klipsch has Youth's credit card on file and are ready to start taking orders. Wink

We too have pretty much closed out all our credit accounts... now thinking to keep one open as when I got around to looking to make sure we had accounte for all of our debit card purchases before paying the mortgage found a 99.90 charge srom some website I'd never been to and 99.99 from another. So dufus that I am wait to call bank until next day as was pretty late when I got around to looking. So new card on the way. Provisional credit in place until they complete there investigation. An additional 2.80 for each one that bank said was international fee as some moron had used my account to send funds out of the country. After getting local Sheriff's report my bank has now determined to Canada when I called to give them report number so that's a bit reassuing. Police / Sheriff's report optional according to my bank but would like one as it gives them a strong case. The deputy said one of the detectives usually will call the bank just to let them know the local office has taken a report. So far so good the bank had completed form over the phone and emailed to local branch who faxed back. And gave me 2 copies. So deputy takes information. And had a nice detailed report to send with him.

Said he always just carries cash. Though one of his deputies just recently got held up at gun point who also carries olny cash.

My wife returns to work at school and one of the teachers or parents, forget, but the father had taken the son to a recent Pacers game for his birthday (they actuall don't such as bad as the last couple of years...) and got him a foam finger with his debit card. Walked to get something else and card refused. Called bank and someone had just put in $2,000 charge(s). So no cash. Had to dig through seats to pay for parking on way home. I usally park at event lots / garages where one pays on the way in. But could see where that could be really bad if say trying to pay for airport parking after a return home. Or if they had tied up our account enough we wouldn't have had gas money for trip home.

So we got off very lucky. That said. I don't know a lot of people who's credit / debit accounts have been involved in fraud though we've both have a credit account reissued as it may have been compromised at this business.

So maybe stuff enough cash to get home into the seat cushions?

Our oldest daughter left her MacBook charger in a motel on the way to visit the father out law a few months ago. She and her fiance flew back as they both had to work. $60 to $80 to replace at a Best Buy or other big box. So called the motel. We've got it so picked it up on the way home.

Had to wait a few minutes for the clerk / owner probably to return from a room with an elderly couple who had driven off. They had just recovered something crazy like $4800 they had hid under the motel mattress and forgot.

2 things wrong with that. Obvious place to look in home? And hide under motel mattress? I guess too much to conceal on one's person. I kind of like the motels with little safes built in if I'm staying for more than one night. Sure. They have a key to open but in theory only available to select few. I'd be scared to death to carry that much cash and I could see me forgetting it somewhere. But at least if robbed outright you'd know about it.

I've often found a pair of shorts, mine, hanging on the bathroom door at least once, maybe even a blanket, phone charger on a qhick once over after everyone acting all perturbed is sure they have everything.

Of course my family can lose a cell phone in a minivan for 3 or 4 months when was sure it was stolen. Especially since one of daughter's friends had called her number stored in her phone and got an unfamilar voice. As did her cousin. And you wonder why there are so many "misdialed" wrong numbers... It would appear that the cellular companies get things crossed up now and then.

Sorry to bust your bubble Rich Guy but we cut up our credit cards about 6 years ago. Don't think I could swing the P-39F's on my debit card. But thanks for thinking of me. Stick out tongue

Yes but Amy opened up a special platinum edition Klipsch/Audiovox Mastercard in your name, best of all it has a low 28% interest rate! Stick out tongue

Thanks Youth. My new Klipschorns are on the way. Can't thank you enough. You really shouldn't have.

jk see previous rambling post. Some twit(s) did just scam my debit card for a couple c notes. Thankfully they didn't suck it dry.

I cant' undderstand the self identtiffacton with peronal level to a co.emploiyees yes butt buyers no I am gonig to get out a new hankie to cry in

Because you've probably not met any and gotten to know them like many here...

Bruce

So this is what happens when I'm gone for awhile..... Cats & dogs, living together, events of biblical proportion, masses of small furry mammals headed to cliffs and overheated hot-tubs, saints appearing on the grilled cheese sandwiches (again...), mass purchases of chicken bones, black candles and strange objects with personal lubricants... Good God folks!!! Will it ever end!!?? Oh well, the show has started, and might as well buy the popcorn and hope the hero wins, get's the girl, and adopts the loyal stray dog.....

[H]

So this is what happens when I'm gone for awhile..... Cats & dogs, living together, events of biblical proportion, masses of small furry mammals headed to cliffs and overheated hot-tubs, saints appearing on the grilled cheese sandwiches (again...), mass purchases of chicken bones, black candles and strange objects with personal lubricants... Good God folks!!! Will it ever end!!?? Oh well, the show has started, and might as well buy the popcorn and hope the hero wins, get's the girl, and adopts the loyal stray dog.....

Cool

Who's the new guy???

Great to see you posting Marshall.

So this is what happens when I'm gone for awhile.....

Uh oh. [:o] There was that one time, that Hypno Toad did sneak out to the swamp with SWMBO toad who had a bottle of Esob fly wing extract ... [:$] God only knows what a toad will do on that stuff and how SWMBO toad got a bottle. Though Hypno Toad muttered something about a plain brown padded overngiht envelope from Framingham MA that SWMBO not so convincingly denied ever seeing it before... Thought he'd smuggled out a Sam Adams again. [^o)]

...Klipsch engineering as we are now have not changed.....

I'm sure everybody will land on their feet, one way or another. The hard thing to accept is that people work hard and have some attachment to the work that they do but in a business sense that is not the least bit important. Businesses are here to make money, they could care less about history and heritage unless it is profitable. Klipsch has a proud history but history does not pay the bills. Companies change, products change, the market changes. Employees have to hope there is a place for their skill set when a new management team takes over. Sometimes the new marriage works out for the individual and sometimes it doesn't. One thing is constant and that is change. And as I said sometimes it's good and sometimes not but the individual will have to make that decision as time goes on.

Again, please don't take what I said personally. I did say in the first post I wasn't knocking the newer stuff. I have admired many of the Reference models and almost bought a pair of RB75's once. I will stick to my guns as far as the heritage speakers being the only iconic products, though. And that is not a knock on anything else Klipsch makes. There are not many speakers that are instantly recognizable to legions of audio and HT fans. I think of klipschorns, la scalas, Bose 901's, Maggies, Quads...and probably some more but that's all that comes immediately to mind

Thanks for the clarification here.

I guess what gets my gull sometimes is that some old carmudgeon sometimes gets on here with the idea that unless it is vinyl, using tube amplification, on Khorns, than it is junk and not "true Hi-Fi". To that, I say [bs]. Maybe I am not as anal about formats as others on here, but it seems I have no issues and can easily enjoy listening to an album that I have as MP3 on my iPod through my Custom-3s as I can another album pressed in 180 gram vinyl on a fine turn-table through a very nice set of tube amps and 60th Anniversary KHorns. I guess to me, it is all about the music and less about what the music is playing on. Granted, I do have my limits, though. A $30 boombox gotten on "Blue Light special" is not going to cut it, for example.

But, I can certainly understand where you are coming from with regards to Khorns, Cornwalls and La Scalas. After all, it is hard to argue with some 60+ years of nearly continuous production (wasn't there a short span of time where Klipsch wasn't even making any of the Heritage products, only to bring them back as "Heritage" as we know them today?) I personally would like to get a pair of Cornwalls or even KHorns if I can score a pair (As much as I'd love to support the company, but kinda tough to justify spending some $8K on a brand-new pair of KHorns, although I can certainly afford a brand-new pair of Cornwall IIIs - they are actually not much more expensive than what I paid for these RF-7s I have).

We too have pretty much closed out all our credit accounts... now thinking to keep one open as when I got around to looking to make sure we had accounte for all of our debit card purchases before paying the mortgage found a 99.90 charge srom some website I'd never been to and 99.99 from another. So dufus that I am wait to call bank until next day as was pretty late when I got around to looking. So new card on the way. Provisional credit in place until they complete there investigation. An additional 2.80 for each one that bank said was international fee as some moron had used my account to send funds out of the country. After getting local Sheriff's report my bank has now determined to Canada when I called to give them report number so that's a bit reassuing. Police / Sheriff's report optional according to my bank but would like one as it gives them a strong case. The deputy said one of the detectives usually will call the bank just to let them know the local office has taken a report. So far so good the bank had completed form over the phone and emailed to local branch who faxed back. And gave me 2 copies. So deputy takes information. And had a nice detailed report to send with him.

Said he always just carries cash. Though one of his deputies just recently got held up at gun point who also carries olny cash.

My wife returns to work at school and one of the teachers or parents, forget, but the father had taken the son to a recent Pacers game for his birthday (they actuall don't such as bad as the last couple of years...) and got him a foam finger with his debit card. Walked to get something else and card refused. Called bank and someone had just put in $2,000 charge(s). So no cash. Had to dig through seats to pay for parking on way home. I usally park at event lots / garages where one pays on the way in. But could see where that could be really bad if say trying to pay for airport parking after a return home. Or if they had tied up our account enough we wouldn't have had gas money for trip home.

So we got off very lucky. That said. I don't know a lot of people who's credit / debit accounts have been involved in fraud though we've both have a credit account reissued as it may have been compromised at this business.

So maybe stuff enough cash to get home into the seat cushions?

A debuty was held up during a robbory? D[:@]mn! That must be one tough neighborhood you are in!

Anyway, I keep a couple of credit cards, as they have come in handy from time to time. I currently don't have any balances on them, but I do use them every now and again to at least show some activity on the accounts. Not to long ago, Capital One yank my Visa card due to the fact that I've not used it in something like 3 years. Oh well, at least I still have a Discover Card and a Chase Visa.

One place where I was glad to have a credit card on hand was when I went to rent a car in Indianapolis. I've had the thing pretty much booked and paid for through Travelocity, but there was still some $20 or so worth of "incidentals" that I still needed to pay. By matter of habit, I whipped out my trusy ol' Visa checkcard that I have through my credit union. The lady at the car rental place, seing it was not a actual "credit card" wanted to run a credit check! I was like "I don't think so!". To be honost, I'd rather of just gave them a 20-spot and been done with it, but again, they would not accept cash without a friggan credit check! I am sorry, but I did not want them to run and for me to have to wait, for a credit check when all I wanted to do was pay a $20 bill (not to mention that credit checks can negatively impact your credit rating). Thankfully, I also had my Chase Visa, so to make them happy, I just paid it with that and simply paid off the bill when it arrived in the mail later on that month.

I know about the credit fraud as well. The year before last, some jackass in Ft. Lauderdale in Florida helped themselves to some $1,000 of my money. I have no idea how my account got compramised. I remember getting a call from the credit union one morning as I was getting ready for work. I was in the shower when the actually called, but upon hearing the message left, I immediatly logged into my account and sure enough... I called them back immediatly and told them that those are indeed unauthorized charges, especially condering that I've never been to Ft. Lauderdale. These were charges at places like Sports Authority, Publix (which we don't even have in Fredericksburg), and Chili's, types of places that are not typically shopped online. The credit union was really quick on putting the "kabash" on that and refunded the money in my account. They were able to issue me a new card on-the-spot, especially when I told them that I was leaving for Colorado that Friday and really needed to have a card (although I would've used my Chase credit card if I really needed to in the meantime). Still cannot figure out how they ran up nearly a $300 bill at a Chili's! Must've been doing quite a bit of drinking at the bar! B[:@]stard better be lucky I don't find out who it was that did that as I would probably pummeled his *** (like what happed here locally just recently). And go figure that this all happened like days before I was to leave for Colorado on a ski trip.

Our oldest daughter left her MacBook charger in a motel on the way to visit the father out law a few months ago. She and her fiance flew back as they both had to work. $60 to $80 to replace at a Best Buy or other big box. So called the motel. We've got it so picked it up on the way home.

Had to wait a few minutes for the clerk / owner probably to return from a room with an elderly couple who had driven off. They had just recovered something crazy like $4800 they had hid under the motel mattress and forgot.

2 things wrong with that. Obvious place to look in home? And hide under motel mattress? I guess too much to conceal on one's person. I kind of like the motels with little safes built in if I'm staying for more than one night. Sure. They have a key to open but in theory only available to select few. I'd be scared to death to carry that much cash and I could see me forgetting it somewhere. But at least if robbed outright you'd know about it.

I've often found a pair of shorts, mine, hanging on the bathroom door at least once, maybe even a blanket, phone charger on a qhick once over after everyone acting all perturbed is sure they have everything.

Of course my family can lose a cell phone in a minivan for 3 or 4 months when was sure it was stolen. Especially since one of daughter's friends had called her number stored in her phone and got an unfamilar voice. As did her cousin. And you wonder why there are so many "misdialed" wrong numbers... It would appear that the cellular companies get things crossed up now and then.

I was staying at the Four Seasons in Atlanta only to forget my GPS unit there! I called them up only to find out that they were just about to call me to let me know they found a GPS left in my room. I told them it was indeed mine. They did ship it back to me. I'll tell you what though, that Four Seasons is friggan NICE, though. Expensive? Oh yeah!

And your daughter left the Macbook charger? How about accidently leaving the entire Macbook Pro, like I did once. I was at the airport in Atlanta and I wanted to mail this really nice poster I had back to myself using one of those cardboard tubes instead of trying to pack it into my luggage. Well, I accidently left my notebook computer at the counter there. I was near my gate when I realized, to my horror, that I left a $2,200 laptop! I ran back to that post office. The clerk turned it into airport security. I went and talked to the security and they thankfully had it locked up in a secure place and retrieved it for me, much to my relief.

Of course, that is not it either. While taking a flight out to San Francisco from Richmond, I accidently left my iPod on the bus that I was taking from the parking lot to the terminal there in Richmond! I managed to snag another bus and asked the driver if he could radio out and ask if an iPod was found aboard one of the buses that makes the circuit out to the "A" economy parking lot. Much to my relief, the driver of that bus that I was riding from the parking lot did find it and will bring it to the terminal on his next round. I got the names of the drivers and the bus numbers they were driving and went to the customer service desk of the airport and filed a complimentary report. They were really cool about the whole thing and handled it very professionly and courteously.

And lastly, I've managed to leave a pair of swimming trunks on board a cruise ship, which I've never gotten back. I did call the cruise line and told them the ship and cabin number and the dates of the cruise that I was on, but alas, never did get it back. Bummer, as that was one of my favorite pairs of swimming trunks. Oh well - it could've been worst, like losing a $2,200 laptop.

That is why now, I'll triple check the hotel room before I leave just to be absolutly sure I have everything.

I hope some more info is released soon so I could know what is going to happen with their current products.

Nothing will happen with their current products, they'll continue to be great. It's the future products that will get hosed, but that will take a year or so.

I mean, just look what they did to this poor, defenseless Mustang: http://www.cepro.com/slideshow/image/7599/

OH THE HORROR!

Thanks for the clarification here.

I guess what gets my gull sometimes is that some old carmudgeon sometimes gets on here with the idea that unless it is vinyl, using tube amplification, on Khorns, than it is junk and not "true Hi-Fi". To that, I say PWK BS Button. Maybe I am not as anal about formats as others on here, but it seems I have no issues and can easily enjoy listening to an album that I have as MP3 on my iPod through my Custom-3s as I can another album pressed in 180 gram vinyl on a fine turn-table through a very nice set of tube amps and 60th Anniversary KHorns. I guess to me, it is all about the music and less about what the music is playing on. Granted, I do have my limits, though. A $30 boombox gotten on "Blue Light special" is not going to cut it, for example.

But, I can certainly understand where you are coming from with regards to Khorns, Cornwalls and La Scalas. After all, it is hard to argue with some 60+ years of nearly continuous production (wasn't there a short span of time where Klipsch wasn't even making any of the Heritage products, only to bring them back as "Heritage" as we know them today?) I personally would like to get a pair of Cornwalls or even KHorns if I can score a pair (As much as I'd love to support the company, but kinda tough to justify spending some $8K on a brand-new pair of KHorns, although I can certainly afford a brand-new pair of Cornwall IIIs - they are actually not much more expensive than what I paid for these RF-7s I have).

No problem. I'm sorry I came across as an "old curmudgeon" (hey, did you just call me "old"?)[:o] I'm 54. That does look old on paper, I guess. On the other hand, I'm younger than the klipschorn. So I've got that goin' for me.

No audio-snobbery here! Look at my equipment profile; I'm every audiophile's favorite whipping boy. I may as well be wearing a "kick me" sign on my back. I get "no respect, no respect at all". I'm closer to the opposite of an audio snob: I love digital (CD, SACD), Pandora and Wi-Fi streaming. I like HD radio and hope it succeeds. I'd like to start dabbling in a bit of hi-res downloading. I consider the LP to be obsolete, but I readily admit they can still sound great. Tubes are fine. I understand their appeal, but it's just not my cup of tea. Give me my big, honkin' Adcom 5500!

For some reason, I just don't care to pursue car audio or personal audio too much. Other than a big pair of comfortable around-the-ear headphones, that is. I do really like my old Sennheiser HD-580's. I don't use them much, really, but I wouldn't want to be without them or something similar. So, I understand people wanting good sound on the go. It's just that I don't need it. I'd rather enjoy the silence or just have, say, some SiriusXM as background music on my factory-stock stereo in my truck, and save my quality music appreciation time for when I can really get into it...at home...in the man-cave...the lights dimmed...a cold sodee-pop at hand. Aaaaahhh! That's relaxin'!

I'd like to hear the new RF7II. Although I think if I were seriously in that market, I'd probably get the Cornwall III. But I'm not sure. I'd love to hear them both, side by side. I just don't have the money or the room for them right now. I'm thinking that maybe when the kids are all gone, I might get back in the big-speaker world. We'll see. For now, I'm very happy with what I've got.

oh yeah -- audiopox buying klipsch really blows. [:(] of course, i didn't much care for klipsch buying mirage and energy; or directed electronics killing a/d/s/; or the demise of Advent, ESS, Dunlavy, Audio Artistry, Pontiac, Norton, Bultaco, Royal Enfield, Hodaka, BSA, Carver, Hummer, Mary Travers, John Lennon and American-made TV's, the sale of Budweiser, the exit of Allis-Chalmers from the making of farm equipment, or the sinking of the Titanic. Or the loss of family and friends. But life goes on and in the overall scheme of things, klipsch being gobbled up by a bigger fish in the corporate sea is not something to lose a minutes happiness over.

they could care less about history and heritage unless it is profitable.

Not true. They care to the extent of marketing the legend while creating new products from sharp engineering minds that adhere to the principles. Simple as that, and the current situation proves that it has market value to a bigger player.