I Lost A Friend Today

Rick

My friend Carla passed away today after a two year battle with cancer. She was 42 years old.

Carla was first diagnosed with a brain tumor in November 2009. They removed it and she went through treatments for over a year, and they thought she had it beat. A few months ago they discovered cancer in both of her lungs, and it then spread to her pancreas. She fought hard and never gave up.

May she rest in peace, I loved her dearly.

Rick88: very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend Carla. Sounds like her battle was an inspiration for all who knew her. She let you know how much she cared for you all in how she dealt with what she knew was a difficult situation for everyone. Play Carla some music that you know she would like and share that with here now. Best regards Moray James.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. This is probably a time for crying. In time you should be able to look back and remember the things that made her your friend. Maybe even smile remebering some of the things you've done together. Never forget the good times the two of you have had.

I wish I knew how to take the pain away. John

My friend Carla passed away today after a two year battle with cancer. She was 42 years old.

Carla was first diagnosed with a brain tumor in November 2009. They removed it and she went through treatments for over a year, and they thought she had it beat. A few months ago they discovered cancer in both of her lungs, and it then spread to her pancreas. She fought hard and never gave up.

May she rest in peace, I loved her dearly.

Rick,

My heart is with you brother. Watching anyone fight the cancer battle is tough but having someone really close takes a piece of you too.

I lost a close friend in January from lung cancer but was truly inspired by his will to keep fighting and stay positive through most of the battle. To the end he was more concerned about his family and friends needs more than his own. Truly a very unselfish man.

Smile and laugh at the memories and the way your friend Carla touched your life.

Bill

Friends are like parts of a jig-saw puzzle... as you put them together and the final image that you see is yourself... while one of the parts goes away you'll find yourself shifting with the puzzle...

please accept my condolences

Rick... I am also saddened by the lose of your friend. She knows all the answers now... Boxx

Amen. I couldn't think of anything better. Some here know this has been a pretty horrible year for my family and tears are an old friend now. It doesn't get better from the personal loss side, but for those of faith...ANY faith, there is a peace in knowing that your loss is their gain.

Dave

Rick... I am also saddened by the lose of your friend. She knows all the answers now... Boxx

Amen. I couldn't think of anything better. Some here know this has been a pretty horrible year for my family and tears are an old friend now. It doesn't get better from the personal loss side, but for those of faith...ANY faith, there is a peace in knowing that your loss is their gain.

Dave

I couldn't agree more. We mourn more for those left behind than the dearly departed who have gone to a better place and are no longer suffering.

Thoughts and prayers for Carla's family and friends. Things won't really get back to "normal" as "normal" is forever different when we lose a loved one but they will get better and eventually return to the new "normal".

Rick. Remember the good things about Carla often and know that her family and friends including you are in my thoughts and prayers.