Fine Food and Music

Boxx

• Moderators
I enjoy rolling up a fatty from time to time. Most of the time I take a short cut and start with something like the Jimmy Dean original flavor fresh sausage. While I see that many people use the thick sliced bacon, I tend to use the regular sliced because it seems to crisp up better for me. I don't get too crazy for the inside and will often use a variety of cheeses; such as provolone, parmesan, romano, fontina and asiago. Slice up and stacked on fresh baked biscuits with eggs, dice up and fry the smoked potatoes on the side, add some breakfast music to the mix and it doesn't seem to get much better than this. Of course, I'm now thinking about a mix where I can use some of the Hawaiian Firecracker hot sauce.

Looks really good, obviously not your first time, I really need to do some more soon after looking at your pics.

I have no problem with a cheese filling at all, have to try that also, maby some pepper cheese.

I read once someone made a spaghetti fatty, they put the noodles and sauce with mushrooms and onions inside, kind of like a stuffed meatball.

• Moderators
Some bbq from the 4th of July celebration.

It's not fair, I am sitting here eating a sausage on a hot dog bun and your pictures came up. All of a sudden it does not taste so good.

Some bbq from the 4th of July celebration.

It's not fair, I am sitting here eating a sausage on a hot dog bun and your pictures came up. All of a sudden it does not taste so good.

Was it that picture of him without the shirt again?

• Like 1

Makes sense.  I can't remember the last time we pan fried steak.  Not a pan fan.  Grill it man!  On the subject of cooking meat, have you tried this?

We were turned on to this about 5 years ago or so.  Mainly do it during Winter.  Beef roast (rump roast or your choice).  Season to your liking.  Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.  Put roast in the oven for 5 minutes per pound.  Leave DOOR SHUT.  Turn the oven off after 5 minutes per pound, and LEAVE OVEN SHUT for one hour.  Cooks to a medium rare pink every time.

Example:  5 lb. roast.  Cook at 500 degrees for only 25 minutes.  Turn off oven and let sit for 1 hour.  Has worked every time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chuck for you added foodie posts........ :)

Boxx would be very happy to see all your efforts, and for sure would have a nice comment to make..........if he were only here now :( ...

.........Gary

• Like 1

I already ate my dinner so i guess it’s too late for a photo.

veggie tray and olive tapenade hummus, large bowl of fresh fruit.  (okay, i cheated and had some potato chips too).

I know it’s boring compared to what you folks prepare; but, i like it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I bought a smoker last year and thought Id try it out for the first time today , I picked up a Pork Loin and set the temp on the smoker to around 220 deg , I smoked the pork loin till inside temp was 160 deg . My question is why is the meat still tough ? I wanted to make pulled pork .

I ended up cutting it up and putting it in a crockpot with a can of beer for 2 hours them used a mixer and broke it up . Any Tips

Edited by A1UC
  • Like 1

Okay I bought a smoker last year and thought Id try it out for the first time today , I picked up a Pork Loin and set the temp on the smoker to around 220 deg , I smoked the pork loin till inside temp was 160 deg . My question is why is the meat still tough ? I wanted to make pulled pork .

I ended up cutting it up and putting it in a crockpot with a can of beer for 2 hours them used a mixer and broke it up . Any Tips

Try this for pulled pork.  Use a Boston Butt Roast.  This is pork shoulder and has the right fat to lean content.  Rub the meat with your favorite rub the night before cooking. I use Pappy's.  Smoke at about 225 degrees to an internal temp of 190 degrees.  This usually takes around 8 hours doing two 8 to 10 pound chunks of meat.  Wrap the meat in foil and put into an insulated chest for a few hours.  When it is down to a temperature low enough that you can handle it, pull apart using a couple of forks or your hands.  This works every time for me.

I am not sure you could even make pork loin work for pulled pork.  Not sure there is enough fat in the loin.

• Like 3