Mortgage = 0 !!

Coytee

Today was the day the check was put into the mail.

Created a 20 year mortgage in 2001. Refinanced it in 2003 but, dropped it down to a 10 year length to keep the payments about the same and cut years off instead of lowering payments. In lieu of the economic crunch in 2008/9 lower payments would have been handy but...the choice was already made so I was reaping what I sow'ed.

Fast forward to today with steady payments & overpayments.... I put a cashiers check in mail today for $345 (they require certified funds for final payment which to me, is absurd). This amount covers the small balance due and about $1.20 to cover the 20 cents per day of interest during the mailing time.

That they need certified funds when their risk is $345 makes no sense to me. When I asked specificially about it and what would happen if I sent the funds in my normal way (simple electronic payment) she said they'd simply send the funds back. Huh? [:^)] Ok, fine.

Net result, house will be paid off when this is processed, about 8-9 years early relative to the original loan and 13 months early relative to the revised loan (not due until Nov, 2013)

The feeling of euphoria at paying it off is feeling pretty incredible. I've been antsy & excited for the last 12/18 months each time my bill would come due because I could finally see it pounding down to zero and know the day would soon be here.

Today's the day

Sweet!!

• Moderators

It's like giving yourself a raise.

Tax free at that!

Ya'll wanna know a little secret? (just between you & me, a'la Connie Chung...)

My wife has no idea. Zip it!

Big Smile

Congratulations, that's cool and a big relief to know it's paid off, also I would not say a word. [:#]