Think Tank!

Amy

• Moderators

Hey guys!

Do you have a great idea for Klipsch? We want to hear it. Sincerly, we do! Go here, tell us what it is...you'll automatically be entered to win some headphones just for participating.

And if we use your idea....well...maybe we can make you famous. [:)]

I bought my first of many Klipsch from a military exchange store e.g. LaScalas in the Phillipines, Quartets in Iceland, Chourus IIs in Germany. I can tell you from experience that the company from MA does (or did) a LOT of marketing in the PX / BX / AAFES stores and there is some ready cash to be spent

See, hear and buy then have them shipped to home.

While the olden days of having 'audio clubs' on base may be gone I am positive that a speaker company that didn't have the budget available for a sales rep could find a knowledgeable fan who would work the stores for oh, a set of speakers delivered home and a name tag. The military folk do love some stereo.

I will give you one, but I do expect a pair of jubilees or at least a pair at cost... Klipsch hearings Aids.... think about it, aging population, one of very few electronic consumer goods that higher end models continually go up opposed to other electronic technologies that with time go down. Huge profit margins......in the last 5 years my dad has spent at least 7k on H aids and they break every 4-6 months, usually are repaired for free, but it is a hassle... Dont want to give the companies name but many consider them to be the best...

I second the "builder idea" .. Lets show the troops"what will happen with Klipsch". (found in the general quesions )

Great one HDBR.

cornman

Here is what happens for the troops in theater, and what COULD happen

Thanks Cornman...I just took that thread and converted it more-or-less to a death by powerpoint thingie and e-mailed it to Amy...hope she likes the show!

-Andy

I second the "builder idea" .. Lets show the troops"what will happen with Klipsch". (found in the general quesions )

Great one HDBR.

cornman

Here is what happens for the troops in theater, and what COULD happen

Thanks Cornman...I just took that thread and converted it more-or-less to a death by powerpoint thingie and e-mailed it to Amy...hope she likes the show!

-Andy

I like this one too. There are many things i'd like Klipsch to do for me; but, i think Klipsch doing this for the men & women serving our country is something FAR more important than giving me another pair of speakers. Thank you Andy for sending this to Amy's attention--I really hope they take it seriously. If they don't, maybe we on the forum can donate some stuff--we all probably have extra gear not being used. I'll bet we could put together a nice system for the troops. They've got it hard enough over there--the least we can do is let them hear music they way it should be heard. * Steve *

• Moderators

I just posted mine....however...after posting it, I noticed I was in the wrong "category". Oops. Amy, can you delete this suggestion https://klipsch.uservoice.com/forums/176353-1-new-product-ideas/suggestions/3297479-make-a-more-reliable-amp-for-promedia-series as I posted it in the "New Product Ideas" section instead of the "Suggestions for Current Product Improvements". I thought it was strange why no one had mentioned it yet. LOL Apparently they did....just in the other section. [:P]

Interesting. No one has ever invited me to be part of a think tank? I wonder what that means?

Any, here's my bright idea:

Upgradable Speakers

I've often thought it would be great if a company like Klipsch could more effectively bridge the gap between consumer electronics (i.e. Best Buy), DIY'ers and audiophiles. Maybe something like this: Klipsch develops a pair of speakers in nice cabinets and with a great sound for $800.  But for an additional $500, the serious audiophile could buy driver replacements/upgraded crossovers, that would make that $800 speaker a true reference level.  Perhaps even offer a couple upgrade options.  

• Moderators

The Audience is listening . . . TO KLIPSCH!!

I just posted:
In THX theaters there is usually
a trailer that plays right before the movie starts that blows your ears off that concludes by saying "The Audience
is Listening" Get theaters on new installs to agree to play a trailer
before the movie starts which shows off the superb sound
and all kinds of effects, professionaly produced. At the end the words
come up on screen,

"The audience is listening to" and then the Klipsch Logo pops up
underneath. I believe there are thousands of people who go to
theaters every week who have no idea they are listening to Klipsch. If
they like the sound in the theater, they will buy Klipsch speakers for
their home and home theater.

Travis