Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, akdave said:

We all came down with the flu last year over Thanksgiving weekend and we so hope to avoid a repeat this year!  It was miserable!

Warmed up to 32 today - it feels nice!  It's been 0 or 18 and 35mph winds - I'll take cold over wind anytime!

Keep our three year old in your thoughts and prayers on Friday - have three hernias fixed up.  Should be routine - surgery is always unsettling on the littles.

Enjoying cup #2! :emotion-44: Have a wonderful week!

I hope he comes through just fine. Little people in the hospital is always tough...prayers sent Dave.

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Two weeks dealing with a cold that turned into a sinus infection (no hearing in the right ear) I decided to get out in the 74 degree weather.  Washed the Volvo then went to LF's and picked up the Bubble and washed it.  After 2 weeks of inactivity I will be bushed tonight.  And with half hearing no music for a spell.  Doc says by the end of the week it should be gone but he made me an appointment with the ear, nose, and throat folks just in case.

Enough about me how sick are you guys?

I've been having a little radiation therapy.....but I'm going to beat it :D

Positive attitude goes a long way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, akdave said:

Keep our three year old in your thoughts and prayers on Friday - have three hernias fixed up.  Should be routine - surgery is always unsettling on the littles.

It’s tough on the bigs when the littles need surgery.  Positive thoughts your way.  Eager to hear about an excellent recovery.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, akdave said:

We all came down with the flu last year over Thanksgiving weekend and we so hope to avoid a repeat this year!  It was miserable!

Warmed up to 32 today - it feels nice!  It's been 0 or 18 and 35mph winds - I'll take cold over wind anytime!

Enjoying cup #2! :emotion-44: Have a wonderful week!

prayers said for you folks Dave.  Hope all goes well. 

Steve

• Like 6

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I hope he comes through just fine. Little people in the hospital is always tough...prayers sent Dave.

I've been having a little radiation therapy.....but I'm going to beat it :D

Positive attitude goes a long way.

Yes you are going to beat it, you're right a Positive attitude definitely helps. Many prayers can't possibly hurt either. :emotion-21:

True, it's hard to see little ones go through this. Our daughter is a RN and doing Hospice work after trying other nursing jobs, she said the only thing she will not do is work at a children's hospital, she couldn't deal with kids going through that, it's to hard.

• Like 6

Slow here today.

Tina Brooks and a stolen Starbucks cup. Not a fan of the logo, but the size is just perfect.

Side note a few pages back we discussed my machine's problems. I did take the boiler completely apart and all the valves/pipes inside. It did not have much scale built up for 2+ years, but seems to be working fine ever since.:emotion-21::emotion-44:

IMG_20171130_113508929.thumb.jpg.8ed0ebf697db9047b6ffb26ed5f9dde4.jpg

• Like 5

• Moderators

3rd cup with leftover homemade biscuits, don't know what it is but I love biscuits. A friend in Ar showed me how to make them really easy. Buttermilk and self rising flour and put into a cast iron pan to bake, couldn't be easier .

• Like 4

13 hours ago, dtel said:

Yes you are going to beat it, you're right a Positive attitude definitely helps. Many prayers can't possibly hurt either. :emotion-21:

True, it's hard to see little ones go through this. Our daughter is a RN and doing Hospice work after trying other nursing jobs, she said the only thing she will not do is work at a children's hospital, she couldn't deal with kids going through that, it's to hard.

Thanks Eldon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

3rd cup with leftover homemade biscuits, don't know what it is but I love biscuits. A friend in Ar showed me how to make them really easy. Buttermilk and self rising flour and put into a cast iron pan to bake, couldn't be easier .

well now are you going to share..

the ancient Chinese secret...

other people want to get fat for the

holidays....namely me.....

to bad Chuck can't have any...

Atkins diet.....

Chuck how are you feeling...

brother Bill i hope things to well with you..

Akdave I hope things to well tomorrow with the little one

keep us posted.....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, akdave said:

Thank you all for the kind words! 

Will keep you updated.  Lot's of Christmas cartoons on the docket for this weekend - hopefully we can get him to stay SOMEWHAT still for a couple of days!  :) 

My mother covered me up with blankets and told me not to move or be fanning the covers. Couldn't move anyway from the heavy quilts.

The best as always to the loved ones.:)

• Like 5

15 hours ago, dtel said:

My RN daughter-in-law worked several years at Children's Mercy here in KC and finally took its toll on her particularly after she had our healthy grandson. Seeing what others go through with extremely ill children then going home to a healthy little one can wear you down mentally. 

• Like 5