Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Yessir, nothing like live feeds ,wild feeds. Hybrid satellites w/C/Ku even Ka on some of the DTV carriers for locals. When I got started there were 12 transponder C sats still alive. An old Western Union sat.

Now that photo, I can see your antenna. The other photo shows the top of your dish. craigslist has dishes all over the place. Some decent dishes for the taking w/some or cheap enough. You could put some C-band system or w/ Ku for practically no money at all.

Enjoy! :)

Edit: Drinking a cup of 8O'Clock Hazelnuts... :emotion-44:

Oh that dish, no that is an old one meter dish i was playing with a couple of weeks ago, my 8".5" is on the side of the cave in pieces, need to procure a pole and likely a new LNB, on ebay they have a great combo c/ku for 70 bucks, first of the month ill start putting things together.

One meter dish goes on craigs list, ham stuff.

• Like 2

Oh alright.  Last I thought about it, Chapparal made in California has a decent feed. If you get the feed w/ LNB's at that price, that is wonderful. Cheers :emotion-22:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330848514619?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Dang Mark, You should be good to go! Do you have a receiver in mind? Sorry if you said you already have one.

Thinking I have an old work IRD Drake with remotes here if you can use it. Would need to put me eyes on it to make certain of model,etc... Model 1124 or something. Let me know, if you want to

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

Oh alright.  Last I thought about it, Chapparal made in California has a decent feed. If you get the feed w/ LNB's at that price, that is wonderful. Cheers :emotion-22:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330848514619?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Dang Mark, You should be good to go! Do you have a receiver in mind? Sorry if you said you already have one.

Thinking I have an old work IRD Drake with remotes here if you can use it. Would need to put me eyes on it to make certain of model,etc... Model 1124 or something. Let me know, if you want to

Yeah iv got an old Drake in a box in the attic, really just junk now.

Ebay has got some dam fine receivers for less than a hundred that have the search feature, that would be the way i go.

My old receiver(s) will be good enough to get me on the air.

Neighbors were watching me wile installing my newest antennas, they are watching all the time, creepy azz people in the Burbs.

• Like 3

Morning Gang:

I wonder if its possible to oversleep when retired? Hummmm?

Friday and Zip planned, lets see how long i can keep it that way.

Major Dickinsons from peets coffee seems to be a hit in this house. going for the second cup.

Tarheel Road trip, Hummm, im going to leave that one alone.

• Like 3

I wonder if its possible to oversleep when retired?

sometimes i want to try.  This Sunday i will officially be entitled to pension number three.  still not sure how an irresponsible guy like me stumbled into this --the good Lord has just smiled on me.  not leaving the job yet…but who knows when. have a great day. 

• Like 3

I wonder if its possible to oversleep when retired?

sometimes i want to try.  This Sunday i will officially be entitled to pension number three.  still not sure how an irresponsible guy like me stumbled into this --the good Lord has just smiled on me.  not leaving the job yet…but who knows when. have a great day.

Good luck with number three, iv yet to hear of anyone complain about Too much retirement.

Seems i ended up with more owned items than money, witch is great, im still a year out on my first entitlement.

Retiring early @59 is by far the best thing my wife ever ask me to do.

• Like 4

Morning folks, cool fall morning coming in at 42 degrees.  Things have been mighty busy around these parts.  We are finishing up our last soccer game this morning.  Then time for some weekend projects.  Going to shot for 3 cups of coffee this morning, we will see how I feel after the second.  

• Like 1

Never left yet but have just been busy, Your right a boat ride, I will have a adult beverage for each of you, or try.

.Well at least you are going to take a trip and leave the Farm.  May you have  many good times and everything go as you'd like.

• Like 1

Good Morning!  Cup # 2.  NFL day, and continue to learn and configure a new AVR.  They need to make this stuff more user friendly, and or I need some stronger coffee.  Nice pics Tarheel.  Thanks for sharing your outing.  Shower pics still coming?

• Like 3