Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Headed to the 70s here too Joe.

Getting estimates to reroof mi casa.  First one was right at $10,000 with 15 year stain guarantee on the shingles and using ice damn type product rather than felt.  I have gable end vents and he wants to use ride vents as well.  He would close in the gable vents.  Not sure whether to leave them open or closed.  I know the current thought is to balance air intake and exhaust rather than over ventilate.  Any roofers out there? 

Rode 9 miles on the new bike yesterday with little butt soreness!  Getting there.

LF off to play tennis. 

Ate lunch at Tilted Kilt yesterday :)  Anyone been to one?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 3

Typical Colorado 'spring.' Yesterday was sunny and 60's. Painting the shed in short sleeves under Baxter's close supervision. Today is a nice rain/snow mix. Oh well ... nothing new.

Chuck, I am not familiar with insurance rates/requirements in your neck of the woods, but out here our roofs need the ice/snow type of materials. Not sure if that's code or just insurance company requirements. Maybe just something relating to rates. May want to inquire. Roofers should know.

I've scuttled my plans to do the finish coat of paint on shed's trim today due to our weather but plan on doing some constructive goofing off. Will report the exciting details later. Cheers guys.

• Like 4

Morning Gang

Temps start in the 80s today and they say the next 5 days anyway.

Day off today, no driving anywhere, no flying, no classes, no instructors :emotion-21:

Now if i could just have a Wee Bit of a Libation or four :mad:, not a chance, couple more weeks.

Today last project on the Water Craft, building the new Plywood housing/covering with Vinyl.

Other than cleaning, i think im done, hummm, must really think on that one today.

Chuck, id get at least four Bids and pic their Brains as to what kind of air flow is best.

10K for the eastern seaboard does not seem outta line, but hell id get other bids anyway.

One of those other bidders may have "Other" interesting ideas.

P.S. found a badge for your Rotten Music thread :D

post-57941-0-12240000-1427294947_thumb.j

• Like 4

Wednesday.

Met a few guys for cigars and drinks last night.  We meet every 2 months or so which is the only time I ever smoke one.  It's amazing that you can still taste it the next day no matter how much you brush your teeth or how much mouthwash you use.  It was fun though.  None of the guys there travel in my circles so it's nice to hear different perspectives on things.  We sat outside as the weather was gorgeous.  There's also no where in city limits that allows smoking indoors (which I really like).  Back to work now.  Have a great day all.

• Like 5