Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I would say yes and no. Yes the dry areas are getting wet, in fact so much rain so fast it causes flooding. And no because where we really get our water here in So Cal is from snow melt in the Sierra Nevada mountains and I don't think we got any snow from this.

• Like 6

Yep Mark in the Fine Food thread.  To answer your question I had two yesterday and one today....so far....but todays early :P

Well the LF wants exercise so I guess its a bike ride :wacko:  Time to get off this damn lap top for a bit.

Oh man, I'm LOVIN' BLT's lately on lightly toasted sour dough bread. :P  Had 2 on Saturday and only a half (last heel) before hittin' the sack last night.  New loaf of sour dough in the fridge.  I just can't seem to get enough BLT's.  We don't have the tomato plants we had last year, just a couple small ones,  In fact they are still in their pots  :o  because of all the rain & mosquitos.   :angry:    We need to get them in the ground and hope for a mid-September  small crop.

• Like 8

Midmorning Monday

Just in from the Depot, more stock for Mr Crow, fabricating dam near everything to make him Beefy.

Most any available parts for Bots is cheap crap @exorbent prices.

Keep in mind these are built as "Puppets" and quality parts aint happening, so i build them, Mr Crow will be around awile.

Tarheel has now made me hungry, no more coffee :o 

• Like 7

Good "Hot" afternoon gang

went in for a short nap and came out to the cave, 95, i will not be here long.

26% humid i like, im finding if i dont move i dont sweat. sitting next to a fan on high.

Two trips to the Depot today, im finding it easy to reinvent Mr Crow, of course "My Way".

Wife just ask me this morning where i have in mind to place him, told her "right on the coffee table in the living room dear"

She just said Great! i like that.

• Like 7

Good evening everyone!

Just caught up on the day's banter, giving likes like no tomorrow ;) !

Chuck, like Todd mentioned, a GOOD sour dough would really peak that sandwich up nicely, and we also keep ours in the fridge, generally made at Whole Foods...

Tonight, we plated leftover Pad Thai which I made fresh the other night, a fresh salad of baby greens, added fresh dill and Asiago cheese panels along with hunks of smoked salmon . 

We ate out on the deck, as it cooled down nicely after sundown.  I saw that my neighbor Pat was having a family dinner party around the in ground pool, all kinds of grilling going on.  SO, I fired up the outdoor system with some 'Roman Street' which is my favorite group to cook and eat fine dinners by :) ..

Played ALL THREE of their albums which took it to the conclusion of our dinner and cleanup.   THEN, it was time to crank up the volume and selected Diana Krall's greatest hits!!   They all seemed to be enjoying the fine quality of sound from the TIC satellites and sub.

I took another glass of wine and went down to the lower yard and sat in the Adirondack chair (one of a comfy pair of  'curvy'  RESIN models, NOT hard wood,  and listened for a long while myself...    Then, took my glass of vino and walked into my neighbor to the south's yard Steve and Joan's place,  (we have NO fences) and over 100' away, the sound was still very rich and full, the subwoofer really develops great bass at distance which really surprised me!

Well, come 9pm.  I let the final song close and put the system to rest for the night...

.........that's my story for the day.......more tomorrow....

Enjoy your evening my friends... ^_^

..........Gary

• Like 7

• Moderators

Glad to be home

It looks like it's been busy here, Hope you are feeling better BSM, sorry to hear about that.

It was a fun 10 days and even got a little work done. Had a lot of fun in the evenings with the regular crowd at Rodney's, it never seems to stop there. I am positive I have built up a tolerance to American honey and tequila shots . It is extremely nice to drive a 3/4 of a mile on private property to get to where your staying at night.

I left the property only twice in 10 days, both times we were hunting,  Patron, 1800 and Jose Cuervo.   

I have to say the more I listen to Rodney's speakers there the more I am amazed they really do sound great, really good bass and extremely clear, they are perfect for that building.

One night there were about 6 of us who outlasted Rodney late in the night and he went home across the property. we cranked it up even more and played a little, even got in some Ziggy Marley, I would bet I was the first time ever the cows heard reggae music. 

Glad to be back

• Like 9

Welcome back Elden....we missed you here.  Sounds like you guys had a great time.  Nice size fish you caught. You have a lot more stamina than I do.  My idea of partying is like what Barney said when he went to Raleigh and got a corner room at the YMCA " I don't think my head hit the pillow before 9:00) :mellow:

Nice night on the deck and in the yard...thanks for your post Gary!  Must be a friendly neighborhood.

A healthy meal Steve....maybe try veggie chips such as sweet potato.  I hope your audition to be the next Bachelor goes well.  Try to smile a lot and get plenty of time in front of the camera.

Going to be way hot and humid today.  May slack off on the bike riding this AM.  Need to clean the upstairs bed and bath.  A bud from LA is coming Monday for a few days.  An over achiever movie producer, helicopter pilot, retired marine, Las Vegas bar owner.  There will be alcohol!

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 7

Happy Tuesday all.  I forgot to mention that my wife and I went to a blues and jazz festival here in town last weekend.  There were 2 venues.  One inside and one outside.  You'd watch one act outside and during that time the next inside act would be setting up.  When you moved inside for the next act, the following outside act would set up.  Each act played an hour.  I had 2 favorites.  There were a pair of sax players that were all world caliber and just tore it up.  Another act was a bunch of kids (early 20's I'm guessing) called Paul Childers and the black tie affair.  Super talented and entertaining.  There were also food and beer vendors set up all over outside all over.  It was a great time.

• Like 9

Are you retired Chuck or on vacation?

Did some insurance shopping the last few days too.  It seems State Farm failed to renew my homeowners and forgot to tell me.  So I went 6 months with just wind and hail :o    Went to another company for less money and an all in one policy.

• Like 6

Are you retired Chuck or on vacation?

Did some insurance shopping the last few days too.  It seems State Farm failed to renew my homeowners and forgot to tell me.  So I went 6 months with just wind and hail :o    Went to another company for less money and an all in one policy.

Retired as of this past January. Actually looking at health care supplements to Medicare since I'm soon to be inelligible to continue on a corporate group plan.

• Like 9

Good morning to you all.

Local News, Coffee with Chicory, Whole Grain Caraway Seed Rye Toast with Diet ;-) Butter.

Later TV: Cuban Chrome, ArKansas Vs. Texas A&M & an Ohio state u. @ State Penn Pederasts re-airs (HD DVR, FF through commercials).

VA Appointment later. This VA seems to do things right, have never had a problem, even when I go in sick, without an appointment, I'm seen promptly & professionally.

Miss seeing my friend, who passed away, there. He was a Retired Army Colonel, USMA Grad & Korean War Vet. RiP

Heat Index only supposed to be 111 F. Today.

Re-scheduled VA Appointment...Way too damn hot to go out...

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 8