Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

That's it!

That's the "barn".....main area inside is mom's "shop"...about 30x30

from there you alk into the storage area to the rear....thats about 30x15

attached to that is dads wood shop...thats about 30x60

then behind that is a pole barn that houses all of his metal working tools....plasma cutter, welders and his new CNC cutter

in front of the barn is the Bunkhouse...which is just a building with an open room that's about 15x20 space with a wrap around porch...also has an Outhouse behind it.

then in front of that is their home that has the garage renovated into their "Store Front"....that also serves as a Bridal Suite for Weddings.

This description sounds like what iv had for 20+ years, bad part is that all the buildings are in three different states, well two now.

This set up is what im shopping for in nevada, may not find all the out buildings im looking for and may need to build a few.

So finding out spreads like described are hard to find, focus is on land/space/house/barn.

Deets dad has his Chit together, im impressed, nothing like seperate shops. :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

This all sits on about 5 acres.

Yeah...We built the original Barn in 1987...dad and I raised the 12 telephone poles by ourselves. It was actually a functioning barn for about 10 years. Housed the pigs and horses. Once the horses went away, dad closed it all in and made it a "shop" for my mom who was doing small craft shows and such. Started gaining steam in the mid 90's and dad added on the Storage Room. About 15 years ago dad retired from trucking and went in full time with mom and started doing more furniture building and finally decided he needed his own space (he builds large pieces....tables, hutches, settles, amoires, etc) and added on the woodshop. It's actually all one building except for his metal shop...it's seperate. He wanted to keep it all connected due to it being Florida and can rain at any given minute.

I'll snap some pictures this weekend to give an idea of the space

• Like 9

Good afternoon everyone....

Lots going on, land and outbuildings..... ;0)

Well, our complete task force is here at Tanglewood for some take down of the pipe organ.........

.....It is now a work zone, and these are some pipe trays from the shop on the concert stage, pipe organ service lights are on over the sound reflecting 'clouds'image.jpg2_95.jpg Gone are the musicians, orchestra, management, patrons, snacks and coffee vendors. Wine bar closed up.... But, the wifi is still on and the lawn care takers are still keeping the place up.... Not sure why, the grounds are now closed....... Here is a photo I just took of one of the mowers... Still really beautiful here (0; Enjoy your day everyone....image.jpg1_437.jpg

• Like 11

Good afternoon everyone....

Lots going on, land and outbuildings..... ;0)

Well, our complete task force is here at Tanglewood for some take down of the pipe organ.........

.....It is now a work zone, and these are some pipe trays from the shop on the concert stage, pipe organ service lights are on over the sound reflecting 'clouds'image.jpg2_95.jpg Gone are the musicians, orchestra, management, patrons, snacks and coffee vendors. Wine bar closed up.... But, the wifi is still on and the lawn care takers are still keeping the place up.... Not sure why, the grounds are now closed....... Here is a photo I just took of one of the mowers... Still really beautiful here (0; Enjoy your day everyone....image.jpg1_437.jpg

That green stuff brings back memorys, no biggie, im really spoiled on NOT having yard work every week.

• Like 5

Good afternoon Gang

1Pm eh?

Corona time.

Been on the MCM project allday, stripping one more out, simple green, grind a little, Bondo, sand, repete.

No critters found as of yet, the way the dirt looks and comes off, these appear to indeed have been in a movie theater setting from new, lot of screw holes, like they stacked them and then shot them in place.

All Drivers perfect shape/Ohmed out :emotion-21: so far.

Waiting for neighbor to get home to get the Bass Bin on the ground.

Clouds, no rain as of yet :emotion-21:

• Like 9

Good Thursday morning everyone.................. :emotion-44:

Just a REMINDER.....(#1).......

Tomorrow evening (Friday) Pezz and I are planning on a sync listening session of Pink Floyd's DIVISION BELL..  I will be thinking of Boxx and believe that Mrs. Boxx will join us for the first time in one of these events to play along.  :emotion-21:

Time slot will be 8:30pm. eastern...    Hope you'll join us with ANY format you are able drum up...  For me, it will be vinyl and eager to hear it with the new CA Azur preamp :smile: ...

This notice is being cross displayed in both RTM/CC&C

Enjoy your day, and your music as always........ :emotion-29:

............Gary

PS.....Steve, actually, this only part of the huge outdoor concert lounging area, they have underground watering system.  Actually, MY lawn is BROWN right now, we did not water this year, Chipmunks ate through ALL my hoses last year!   We have had very little water actually, and don't expect any more until the end of the month (as we were told by the weather crew this morning)!  There are water bans in the neighboring towns too!

• Like 8

Morning folks.  A chance of rain today.  Glad I finished painting patio furniture yesterday.  Finished pressure washing front walk and back patio.  Overnight shipping by Generac on the new hose surprised me.

The Jakemiester has licked his front lower leg to the point the hair is gone and light bleeding.  I wrapped it up with gause and tape but he didn't like my work and tore it off.  Not sure what's going on and he has always licked that area but not to this extent.  Anxiety?  New meds?  (Glucosamine and Traumeel for joint pain).  Not sure.

No plans for the day.  TV on demand.......I watched a series called "Luther"......2 seasons worth.  Really enjoyed it.   BBC only interrupts with one commercial which is nice.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 9

Morning all....

Kind of a light day today.....gotta few jobs....weather is nice...

Chuck, I remember many many years ago England only had three tv channels..... BBC-1 BBC-2 and ITV.. yea that was it and at like 10:00 pm tv was off....kinda funny thinking about that "old" stuff.... I tell my grandkids about the "old" days when you had to get up and change the tv channel and there was NO cartoon network....they look at me like I'm nutz....lol lol

Anyway glad you got the pressure washer fixed up......

Give Jake a pet on the head for me.....

OK as you guys can tell not much going on with me..... I'm just jibbling on....well coffee is almost gone gonna roll out.....

Wishing all a great day...

MKP :-)

• Like 10

Morning all....

Kind of a light day today.....gotta few jobs....weather is nice...

Chuck, I remember many many years ago England only had three tv channels..... BBC-1 BBC-2 and ITV.. yea that was it and at like 10:00 pm tv was off....kinda funny thinking about that "old" stuff.... I tell my grandkids about the "old" days when you had to get up and change the tv channel and there was NO cartoon network....they look at me like I'm nutz....lol lol

Anyway glad you got the pressure washer fixed up......

Give Jake a pet on the head for me.....

OK as you guys can tell not much going on with me..... I'm just jibbling on....well coffee is almost gone gonna roll out.....

Wishing all a great day...

MKP :-)

Each generation has their own "when I was growing up" stories. I remember loving to hear my grandparents talk about dating in a model T that had tarps you rolled down to keep the rain out or having to walk the mules down to the river after plowing a field. My Dad's stories of hot rodding old flat head v8's and going to school in a one room school house. Now my kids hear about life before the internet, cell phones and microwaves.

• Like 9

Morning folks.  A chance of rain today.  Glad I finished painting patio furniture yesterday.  Finished pressure washing front walk and back patio.  Overnight shipping by Generac on the new hose surprised me.

The Jakemiester has licked his front lower leg to the point the hair is gone and light bleeding.  I wrapped it up with gause and tape but he didn't like my work and tore it off.  Not sure what's going on and he has always licked that area but not to this extent.  Anxiety?  New meds?  (Glucosamine and Traumeel for joint pain).  Not sure.

No plans for the day.  TV on demand.......I watched a series called "Luther"......2 seasons worth.  Really enjoyed it.   BBC only interrupts with one commercial which is nice.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

"The Jakemiester has licked his front lower leg to the point the hair is gone and light bleeding"

Sounds like my first wife. Call the Vet, be on the safe side.

• Like 9

Mornin' gang. Pretty day here and no rain in the forecast. Managed to keep a nice lawn all summer due to lack of watering restrictions. The key here is a good snow pack in the mountains and fairly wet spring. That keeps the nice people who dictate watering practices (I lovingly think of them as the 'Water Nazis') from turning everyone's lawn and plants into crispy critters.

Missed ya'll yesterday. Probably exhasted from all the coffee jokes.

Baxter sends a woof to Jake. Cheers to all.

• Like 8

Morning gang

.0002 rain yesterday, just enough for Skeeter Breedin, heading to 80+.

McM work to continue, will be squirting the Upol today.

Neighbor assisted me in getting the Bass Bin to ground level, rolled into Cave,

yep it's footprint is a Tad bigger, and that is just ONE.

70 degrees @ 70Hmd, heading to 80+.

post-57941-0-80940000-1442500452_thumb.p

• Like 6