Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I've just begun to listen to the Klipsch Tapes. The recordings I've listened to so far are excellent when listened to through my modified Klipsch S4 IEMs on my Pono in balanced mode. Perhaps later this weekend I'll get a chance to hook the Pono up to my new TSA3118 amp to see how the recordings sound from speakers and proper subs.

The interview of PWK is very enjoyable.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 5

Good morning-

Enjoyed dinner last evening with old (I know, it's redundant) friends from college. Washed down fish & chips with Sundog Amber Ale from New Holland Brewing Co., Holland, MI.

On another note, does anyone have experience with digital downloads of Klipsch Tapes? I see one available online for $16. At that price, I'll use some of my birthday money to try it on my Pono player.

Enjoy the day. May the best teams win, which is unlikely these days with the poor officiating.

That's awesome ! New Holland Brewing Co.....I actually go there all the time. Good food, good brew & great people.

• Like 6

The Klipsch Tapes Vol. II The Joe Holland Quartet is marvelous.  The percussion, such as cymbals, snares, bongos, kick drum & stand-up bass, is stunning.  The dynamics and quick attack are startling.  

It's amazing to realize that these tapes were recorded in stereo in 1954, when I was 6 and listening to Lady and the Tramp on 78s.  PWK was way ahead of the curve.

I've still not listened to most of Vol. I, other than the PWK interview.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 4

The Klipsch Tapes Vol. II The Joe Holland Quartet is marvelous.  The percussion, such as snares, bongos, kick drum & stand-up bass, is stunning.  The dynamics and quick attack are startling.  

It's amazing to realize that these tapes were recorded in stereo in 1954, when I was 6 and listening to Lady and the Tramp on 78s.  PWK was way ahead of the curve.

I've still not listened to most of Vol. I, other than the PWK interview.

Given your take on the PWK CD's, I think it would be interesting to listen to same on my Aristocrat and another EV setup.

Will be listening for more about where to purchase the set. Like some jazz from that era.

Stella Artois 6 pack again from 7-11. Last 6 went down too smoothly the other week.

Cheers... :)

Edited by billybob
  • Like 4

Roll Tide! :D

Poor Dan, 0-8.

Sore winners, as always.

Good morning

Caffeine courtesy of Mr. Coffee and Folgers. Too lazy to use the more complicated system received as a gift from older son.

It's a sunny seasonably cool day in Southeast Michigan. I'll spend some of it organizing music files on my computer and Pono player. Klipsch Tapes Vol. I resists being displayed as an "album" rather than individual tracks. KT Vol. II, The Joe Holland Quartet, is excellent as a FLAC file. I'm sure it's also excellent as a CD or any of the available formats. PWK's choice of music and recording procedure were fantastic.

Bama has still got to get by Charleston Southern next week. Fortunately for the Tide, they aren't playing the much peskier Charleston Northern School of Cosmetology.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

Good "Rain" morning gang

Well dam man i was going out to the farms to finish up the shop compressor, but it's raining, like REAL water.

Have not seen drops this big since last winter, and that was only 20Min.

Should clear up around 10ish, think i'll just wait till tomarrow for the farm.

Good chance to R&D the air manifold, could do the Depot for parts also.

Coffee time, picked up some Duggans yesterday, time for some Taste :emotion-21::emotion-44: :emotion-44:

post-57941-0-74760000-1447600779_thumb.j

• Like 4

Ruff night last night, my wife says no more craft beers and pork as it makes me stink. No coffee this morning, im thinking greasy breakfast and a sprite.

Another win for the Cornhuskers.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 4

I was just fishing to get Pancho riled up, didn't realize I might catch Diz! Anyway, I've got Mich St beating Ohio St Saturday. Surely you do too? As far as Alabama's schedule, how many top 20 teams do they need to face? Lets be fair, NOBODY could stop Fournette until LSU played Alabama. Now he's not so hot.

• Like 4

Mornin' all. Missed ya yesterday but had quite a day. Better Half unit bought me a Groupon for my B-day back in Sept to drive a Lamborghini Spyder 15 miles through the Golden Gate Canyon a few miles from our home. Yesterday was the day and what a kick. That is one magnificent machine. Now I just need to win the lottery to own one.

Gonna try one more leaf mulching today since the Weather Witch is supposed to be turning on us again in the next day or so.

Cheers and have a great Sunday everyone.

• Like 7

Mornin' all. Missed ya yesterday but had quite a day. Better Half unit bought me a Groupon for my B-day back in Sept to drive a Lamborghini Spyder 15 miles through the Golden Gate Canyon a few miles from our home. Yesterday was the day and what a kick. That is one magnificent machine. Now I just need to win the lottery to own one.

Gonna try one more leaf mulching today since the Weather Witch is supposed to be turning on us again in the next day or so.

Cheers and have a great Sunday everyone.

What a great experience! Glad you enjoyed it, I'm sure that will bring a smile everytime you look back on it. Hopefully you didn't spill your coffee taking those tight turns! ;-)

• Like 3

I was just fishing to get Pancho riled up, didn't realize I might catch Diz! Anyway, I've got Mich St beating Ohio St Saturday. Surely you do too? As far as Alabama's schedule, how many top 20 teams do they need to face? Lets be fair, NOBODY could stop Fournette until LSU played Alabama. Now he's not so hot.

Your heart wants Sparty to take down the Buckeyes to create another 1 loss team, as does mine. Nonetheless, on paper OSU appears to be the better team, but that's why they play the games.

• Like 1

What a great experience! Glad you enjoyed it, I'm sure that will bring a smile everytime you look back on it. Hopefully you didn't spill your coffee taking those tight turns! ;-)

Thanks, Dave. I think these guys are just local but not certain. If interested, check out oxotic.com. Think their name is Oxotic Supercars or something like that. They have 2 Lambos, a Porche and one or 2 other offerings. You can sign up for longer drives than the one I had, but gets pricey.

Oh yeah, no coffee spilled!

• Like 4

Good afternoon gang

Things are drying out around here from our two hour rain.

This is the most rain since April 2015, all ski resorts are open.

Drama queen weather hacks were squashed by the events in France.

Pretty cool to turn on the news and they say this is what is coming and when,

it last this long and its gone. Zero Drama/Lies.

R&D air supply for the Barn/Shop, have most of the stuff in stock, so it's been a fruitfull day.

Checking my email, all of the sudden i have a offer for another "Mr Crow" Kit/Pieces, had to do it.

I figure i can build this one "Static", she can have this new one, and my Mr Crow can come back to the cave

where i can once again get on with my original ideas for him.

Time for a Libation

post-57941-0-38920000-1447619918_thumb.j

• Like 7

Happy SUNDAY Y'all

Not much happening here, smoking a Chicken and a Meatloaf,  Chicken is done, and meatloaf is on  :)

Happy SUNDAY Y'all

Not much happening here, smoking a Chicken and a Meatloaf,  Chicken is done, and meatloaf is on  :)

Where do you get your rolling papers?

• Like 10