Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Not a mechanic and unfortunately did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.  For the last two weeks though I have had the urge to buy a used Porsche either a 911 or Cayman.  My friends are not with me on this and say buy American muscle instead.  I have heard the horror stories about cost of repairs so that ground has been covered. 

You guys want to take a shot at saving me from this itch that I'm trying to scratch?

i’ve been known to be financially irresponsible--and admit to having more money than brains too often.  i say get what you like if you can afford it. help yourself, help others, be happy and rock a pork pie hat.

• Like 4

Morning gang.... well almost afternoon..... Coffee still going down :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

Gary...Thanks for the good vibes for the the party..... it's tonight my friend... but I'll carry those good vibes into this evenings festivities :D ... ya know when the young couple moved in a few years back they had a party and it was called "The Beer Olympics" lol lol... all there friends started coming in and pitched tents in there yard... man it was nutz... woke up the next morning and there were people all over there yard..

They had a adult size water slide... I must say the water slide was a blast..... back then we were just getting to know them and they couldn't understand that I didn't drink.... but I did play some drinking games with Pepsi.... 

So tonight well have three yards filled with young drunk people... I'm sure they'll have tents again... Maybe I'll have some good pics for you guys tomorrow...

Chuck... buy what you like my man.... there are so so many cool cars out there....

For me I would love to have some old American muscle.... but I would also love to have a old vintage Honda like this one... I have a old 1987 Honda CRX Si that I've had for 20+ years... I really need to get this car done cuz it is cool... I have 90% of the parts to put it back together... all new parts from the factory that you can't buy any longer...

But I would love to own this old Honda 600....

Photo 1

OK check-in later.... a good day to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 4

If I could pick one car to have.... only one... cuz there are many that I love.. It would be this one.... A 70 Plymouth Superbird...

I remember when I was a kid... My dad wanted a new car.. we went to the Plymouth dealer and one of these was on the show room floor. I remember sitting it telling my dad "We need this one dad"...

We left the dealership with a used Fury III :(Photo 1

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:40 PM, oldtimer said:

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:20 AM, CECAA850 said:
1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

If I could pick one car to have.... only one... cuz there are many that I love.. It would be this one.... A 70 Plymouth Superbird...

I remember when I was a kid... My dad wanted a new car.. we went to the Plymouth dealer and one of these was on the show room floor. I remember sitting it telling my dad "We need this one dad"...

Someone did a nice restore on that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Dude.  That's just ugly.  Even Stoney would be embarrassed to be seen in that.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Well it looks like all my future post will start with a quote from OT and Carl for some reason.......HELP!!!!

The quote feature works weird sometimes, especially when using a phone.  Sometimesyou just need to delete the unwanted text.

• Like 3

Yes OT,  independent, the Mustang fans have wanted it for YEARS!  I believe the Cobras had them first recently..  

This is funny because, the T'bird and Cougars back in 1993 had indy rear ends!  I had a new '94 Coug, and it drove really nice, the motor was the issue around the 90K mark...  something about cast iron block and alum. heads did not like each other!!   

My Escape has a motor in it very much like the SHO V8 minus the Yamaha top section, but very high tech and lots of grunt, expecially with 3.54 final drive and a 6 speed auto :biggrin:!

Like the SHO, the water pump runs off a cam shaft (tiny little belt) up on TOP of the motor, electric power steering, so very little on the main belt, alt and AC only ..  Coil on plug, drive by wire... none of usual linkages anywhere..    We've come a long way...:wink:

• Like 3