Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Can believe it oldtimer... I was almost hustled down in texas but was too inexperienced whart the young bbeautiful blond young petite lady meant when she asked me if I wanted to crash with her that night. Oh the remorse, regrets. Not appreciated in my homrtowm....oh the shame of it all...

regardless I still have remorse edit

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tigerman said:

HA!  My neighbor is on her way home right now with a BRAND NEW Denali in black !!   She will call me when she gets home, it is ONE INCH longer then her monster GMC  SUV..

She is worried about it fitting in the garage!!    Her other car is a Mazda MX-5 .........talk about opposites huh ??  :wacko:

Get a running start, it will fit 

• Like 2

Yeah, about 30 years ago now

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Independent rear suspensions are nothing new.  My Triumph GT6+ that I bought used in 76 had one.  I guess the domestics are just now figuring it out.

Yeah, coming up on about 30 years ago now...    The Taurus was independent back in 1986....   So, that is digging back a bit for Ford....   I don't know about other domestics back in that day....   

• Like 1

As I was tavellin at 149+ mph around a known curve the RTS of the TA was as smooth as cotton. The radial tuned suspension was not occupied by none other than the GM product, including but exceptional to the Camaro. Think some have different view upon the smooth,, YmmV

• Like 1

Solid rear; that is all. I do straight line and independent rear is NOT good at that. Go grab an import with fart can exhaust and rivet loosening subs or any of the multi-year Mustangs that act / sound / drive the same; enjoy. Now if you get a '67 Mustang Fastback 390 c.i. I will bow down......

• Like 2

Wife is working an overnight shift, listening to one of Chris' unmamastered CDs, Joni Mitchell's 'Blue'... Takes me back to my 20s... I don't actually get times to just sit and listen to music. It carries me away...

Bruce

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Solid rear; that is all. I do straight line and independent rear is NOT good at that. Go grab an import with fart can exhaust and rivet loosening subs or any of the multi-year Mustangs that act / sound / drive the same; enjoy. Now if you get a '67 Mustang Fastback 390 c.i. I will bow down......

Shouldn't even need a steering wheel then, or a tiller for that matter.  Sounds like you already have a fart can exhaust permanently installed....

• Like 1

It is the coolest wild yet indifferent feelin  to be going at we term nowadays to what is known as speed. I think but do not know that the female appreciates but, I know for a certain fact do rnjoy the speed. Over and the beyond is a favorite. Sorry fella, if you are on the too slow side. There sis help!

• Like 1

It was the chaser as I underestimated my stamina for showing my *** this evening intio the prospective morning. Same hithchikers at the local but, they said they had a ride. Damnglad as the FHP may have my #,

Hitch-hiked through Texas and... wound up with gold...back in 72 ... like the BS album...

Back in 72

• Like 1

Tigerman,

I won a bottle Grand  Marnier at an arts auction a long time ago. It took a long time to finish... little sips, a dash over ice cream, some dropped in to some late night hot chocolate... brings back lot of great memories. Thanks,

Bruce

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Independent rear suspensions are nothing new.  My Triumph GT6+ that I bought used in 76 had one.  I guess the domestics are just now figuring it out.

My 65 Corvair powered 61 VW had IRS (swing axles), my 62 Corvair had IRS (swing axles) and my 67 Corvair had fully IRS.  Nonetheless. the car in the avatar would out-handle them all with a solid rear axle, four links, coil-overs and a Panhard rod.

• Like 3