Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

So is Santa bringing you gents any new audio gear or music?

I'll take this bait, and do it without sticking my foot in my mouth!

Love my old copy of Clapton's 461 Ocean Blvd, got a supposed "Like New" Polygram/RSO 1977 Slowhand LP coming my way for less than the remastered 200 gram copy!

My infamous puppy ate the original copy years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I'll take this bait, and do it without sticking my foot in my mouth!

Love my old copy of Clapton's 461 Ocean Blvd, got a supposed "Like New" Polygram/RSO 1977 Slowhand LP coming my way for less than the remastered 200 gram copy!

My infamous puppy ate the original copy years ago.

Do you know a cat named Way out Willie?

• Like 4

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Decision time.....to pay the year's property tax or purchase some RF-7lll in cherry to match the RP-280s.  Both would be around $3600:mellow:

Speakers, you have months to do the property taxes. 

Funny you say that, the little card came the other day for property taxes, CHEAP compared to yours. 

$474.87, this is the total minus the $234.00 homestead credit. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm thinking about giftingmyself a Schiit DAC and moving my current DAC out of the garage to a system in the house.

All property taxes have been paid:D

I think you should do it, tell the wife what you're doing, this way it's not from her so you will not have to take any Schiit from her. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

So is Santa bringing you gents any new audio gear or music? 

Well I will count the 4K player being delivered today, close enough, we really don't do anything for each other, just a little for our kids, and mostly for the grandkids.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Sounds like you might be thinking about their automobiles.

I'll use each and every syllable to talk about a Mercedes, BMW or not in the least a Koenigsegg!

---- although the Koenigsegg is a grown ups Saab, built it Sweden, not Germany. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Do you know a cat named Way out Willie?

He married Billie, and had to live with his sisters. You folks that have seen Mr. Clapton perform know..... I'll never forget the emotion and energy he extracted from those guitars!

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@dtel da"n that's nice for a property tax bill. 2k here for 1400 sq feet and a third of an acre.

One of the reasons we like it here, cost of living is low. 2452 sf not counting porches and 5.75 acres, appraised at 175 about 10-15 years ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I think you should do it, tell the wife what you're doing, this way it's not from her so you will not have to take any Schiit from her. :P

If I told her that she'd cram it down my throat and tell me that now I'm really full of Schiit.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tarheel said:

So is Santa bringing you gents any new audio gear or music?  Had a won the Megamillion drawing last night I would be buying the Mac 75s for sale here and some new RF-7llls.  Maybe a new preamp and turntable.  Might even try a moving coil cart.  Top it off with some Weller 12 or Blantons.  Perhaps a larger house with huge music room.  And a new Porsche. 

But that's just me........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Funny you say that, the little card came the other day for property taxes, CHEAP compared to yours. 

$474.87, this is the total minus the $234.00 homestead credit. 

lucky dude ... the last house I owned in SoCal, property taxes were $7,600. I hate taxes.  I had it easier than some that i knew that not only had high property taxes; but, lived in communities where there were association fees, security fees, and something called Mello-Roos tax (which is a special tax for certain areas to pay for public services). You have to make a decent income just to pay these things, then you can worry about the mortgage. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
5 hours ago, dtel said:

If I told her that she'd cram it down my throat and tell me that now I'm really full of Schiit.

That's about the same answer I would get, I sometimes get brave thinking she is not reading here.

• Like 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

lucky dude ... the last house I owned in SoCal, property taxes were $7,600. I hate taxes.  I had it easier than some that i knew that not only had high property taxes; but, lived in communities where there were association fees, security fees, and something called Mello-Roos tax (which is a special tax for certain areas to pay for public services). You have to make a decent income just to pay these things, then you can worry about the mortgage. 

Couldn't make it out there, cost to much. It should be cheap to live in California, considering your house could shake apart at any time, catch on fire and it's not impossible for it to slide off into the ocean. This is not even considering some of the residents or crazy rules.

But it is very pretty.

Hope the fires end soon.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tarheel said:

So is Santa bringing you gents any new audio gear or music?  Had a won the Megamillion drawing last night I would be buying the Mac 75s for sale here and some new RF-7llls.  Maybe a new preamp and turntable.  Might even try a moving coil cart.  Top it off with some Weller 12 or Blantons.  Perhaps a larger house with huge music room.  And a new Porsche. 

But that's just me........

13 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

13495503_10157182832540637_1408582807330291830_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1