Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

28 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Carl, how do you think Blantons compares to the Weller 12?

I actually had both one night when Dave (seadog) came by to visit.  It's hard to pick a favorite but I might lean ever so slightly to the 12.  It has a little bit smoother presentation but I like the nose on the Blantons a little better.  They're both extremely good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I actually had both one night when Dave (seadog) came by to visit.  It's hard to pick a favorite but I might lean ever so slightly to the 12.  It has a little bit smoother presentation but I like the nose on the Blantons a little better.  They're both extremely good.

Certainly seems as though the Weller is much more difficult to find.  On our Thanksgiving trip to New Jersey I picked up a couple of bottles of Blantons, as my son in law is now collecting the bottles/letters.  I think I'm only going to give him one though....

• Like 2

Just now, jimjimbo said:

Certainly seems as though the Weller is much more difficult to find.  On our Thanksgiving trip to New Jersey I picked up a couple of bottles of Blantons, as my son in law is now collecting the bottles/letters.  I think I'm only going to give him one though....

Blantons is easier to find here as well but generally more expensive than the 12 (if you can find a retailer that's not gouging).

I've got several letters around somewhere unless my wife threw them out.  I'll have to look for them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Blantons is easier to find here as well but generally more expensive than the 12 (if you can find a retailer that's not gouging).

I've got several letters around somewhere unless my wife threw them out.  I'll have to look for them.

Yea, I'm pretty sure I overpaid for those two bottles at the first place I looked.....a second place a couple of days later had them for $20 less, each.

Don't bother looking for the letters, he probably only wants the ones from which he imbibed.....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

never heard of Blantons. The liquor store i visited today only had Weller Special Reserve. 

Here in Oregon, you can only buy hard liquor at a liquor store.  In California, grocery stores sold hard liquor.

It's the same way here.   Beer and wine can be had at the grocery store but harder stuff can only be had at the liquor store. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

good morning everyone...

just having some coffee..

and watching the news..

GiA took a nap after school yesterday...some up at 11 pm...

made a pizza we eat it 11:30...

she stayed up till.. 2am..

now she's up having some coffee too..and getting ready for school..

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

GiA took a nap after school yesterday...some up at 11 pm...

made a pizza we eat it 11:30...

she stayed up till.. 2am..

now she's up having some coffee too..and getting ready for school..

Good morning both you coffee drinkers.:emotion-44:

Tastes good here near winter.

And  I say, good morning to you 007...

Image result for Ian Fleming's Books

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

never heard of Blantons. The liquor store i visited today only had Weller Special Reserve. 

Here in Oregon, you can only buy hard liquor at a liquor store.  In California, grocery stores sold hard liquor.

You can buy hard at a grocery store here also, unless it's a Sunday, NO ALCOHOL SALES ON SIUNDAY. Explain that one. You can buy micro brew on Sundays though, but not in stores:D

I'm not liking this weather, 68 yesterday, 38 right now, and down to 22 tonight!

• Like 5