Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Yes and it is getting old, we rarely make it to 100, unless a high from Texas moves over us, like this. The humidity is always, but not this kind of heat to go with it.

Glad to see ya. I was about to ask if you were OK.

Been pretty warm over there.

Our temps are about the same as you're getting ... but, as easterners are fond of saying, "It's a dry heat". 10% R/H

We don't simmer in sweat, We get a crust

-------------

Finished my bottle of Brother's Bond ... Been drinking hard. It only lasted 6 months. I'll suffer through the Maker's Mark and hope it lasts until Christmas. That when the boy gives me a bottle.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Hi-ya-there @dtel

Say hello to the Mrs. for me, hope all is well with you and yours!!

Were fine, for old people anyway.

23 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Glad to see ya. I was about to ask if you were OK.

Been pretty warm over there.

Our temps are about the same as you're getting ... but, as easterners are fond of saying, "It's a dry heat". 10% R/H

We don't simmer in sweat, We get a crust

Were OK, well I am unless your a psychiatrist then your going to be busy or at least amused.

Don't think I have ever seen 10% R/H, 30 to40 probably. You can sweat in the shade with a fan on you here, that's normal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/28/2023 at 4:28 PM, MicroMara said:

That´s it @Tarheel ? Nothing else happed w/in the last couple of month 😂

No that's just the exciting stuff😁 My tenant is pet sitting for 3 weeks and asked me to water her plants and to feed the handicapped raccoon that comes on the back porch each night.   He's missing some toes and has babies to feed so I go over and cut up 2 apples and fill his water bowl.  LF is prepping to go to Australia on the 5th for 3 weeks with two sisters.  I'll be here with the Norwich Terrier Swanky who will likely go into mourning till she returns.  That's about it............

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We're lucky here on the Island.  This is the first year we've even had any wildfires worth mentioning (only 2 small ones), but it's bad in the Interior of BC (British Columbia).  The smoke seems to be heading east.  Last week, Toronto had the worst air in the world!

We do get smoke sometimes, like a few years ago, when smoke from fires in Siberia blew over.  I woke up one day and my town looked like Baghdad or something, with a brownish-orange sky and a dim sun that lit everything in that odd colour.  At least it didn't smell or choke us, just made it look like we were on another planet for about a week.

• Like 4

On 6/28/2023 at 4:40 PM, oldtimer said:

Hotter than any memory with the current heat dome.  Humidity is outrageous.  Even the nights and mornings just ain't right.

You guys have a heat dome?  Wow!  I think we had the first heat dome in the world in 2021, and over 600 people in BC died.  Now there's another one where you are.  The future may be grim.  BC Hydro, the power utility here, will give away 800 A/C units to people who are at risk, mostly poor people.  Those are the ones who suffer the most in extreme heat.

• Like 3

Things didn't look too bad here in Duckburg when I rolled out this morning.  Took the garbage out for the G-men to pick up and decided one more trip out to bring the can back in.  I can hole up with the best of em so that's the plan.  Fire up the tubes and unzip a couple new lp's.  Just another day at the office.  

Always good to see @dtel!  Thanks for stoppin in brother!  Miss your face  av-9700.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@Islander

there is a sort of "heat dome" over Texas around this time of year, almost every year. It is what causes the "monsoon" for us.

We're still waiting for the moisture. I checked the weather at 10AM... 95`.... 7%R/H. Not a typo... seven percent relative humidity.  It was cool enough for me to wear a robe this AM... somewhere in the high 50's. House is cool enough to make me usher and Ooomph when I went outside and got a breath of warm.

Wife is going to be gone for another week. She is seeing some weather. She's in Springfield IL. Said half the town is dark... said it would be a few days before  everything is back up. Her sister's was in the part that did have...

I'm enjoying the house stereo.  The little speakers in the doghouse are nice... but, there ain't no replacement for displacement

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

LF is prepping to go to Australia on the 5th for 3 weeks with two sisters.

My doughter is planing a trip to the southside from our globe right now , today she receives her visa to australia .

She will fly to China , South East Asia, Australia and Japan .....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

My doughter is planing a trip to the southside from our globe right now , today she receives her visa to australia .

She will fly to China , South East Asia, Australia and Japan .....

That's quite a trip.....would probably finish me off.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

@Islander

there is a sort of "heat dome" over Texas around this time of year, almost every year. It is what causes the "monsoon" for us.

We're still waiting for the moisture. I checked the weather at 10AM... 95`.... 7%R/H. Not a typo... seven percent relative humidity.  It was cool enough for me to wear a robe this AM... somewhere in the high 50's. House is cool enough to make me usher and Ooomph when I went outside and got a breath of warm.

We're hearing new weather terms, like heat domes, atmospheric rivers, superstorms, and so on.  The new normal will not be like what we're used to.

I've never heard of 7% humidity.  Here 30% would be about as dry as it gets.  40% is more typical.  Victoria is at the southern tip of Vancouver Island, so we have cold ocean water on 3 sides, and driving 10 blocks or so from City Hall to the East, South, or West will have you in that water.  The result is that it never gets really hot or really cold.  There's usually a sea breeze, which is probably why there are no mosquitoes.  If it got a bit warmer, nobody would grumble.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

@Islander

Wife is going to be gone for another week. She is seeing some weather. She's in Springfield IL. Said half the town is dark... said it would be a few days before  everything is back up. Her sister's was in the part that did have...

I'm enjoying the house stereo.  The little speakers in the doghouse are nice... but, there ain't no replacement for displacement

No.  This was ridiculous and not normal.  Seems to be getting back to normal now.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

No.  This was ridiculous and not normal.  Seems to be getting back to normal now.  

I won't deny it being extraordinary in its intensity. For us to get rain in the "normal" monsoon... high pressure sets up over the 4-corners area and over Texas ... pumps moisture from the Gulf of Mexico at us

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Islander said:

I've never heard of 7% humidity.  Here 30% would be about as dry as it gets.  40% is more typical.

We're at 76% right now. And 77 degrees. Not quite 10 a.m. It's been hazy from the northern wildfires but not as bad as a lot of places.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tarheel said:

That's quite a trip.....would probably finish me off.

She came back from a 6-week trip to Europe only 2 weeks ago, after 1 week she went with a friend to an island in the German North Sea, now she is flying again to Scandinavia before going to Asia and Australia. It is important that she get to know the world, after all she is only 19 years young. But she shouldn´t forget that she should start in the spring of 2024 with her studies. How knows ? It can happen also that she will decide to stay in australia....

• Like 6