Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I had to go outside. Not that I wanted too....

A BorderPatrol heli was practically sitting on my roof. So close that I could easily read the numbers on it. I guess they had a group of "travelers" giving a merry chase about a block from here. 

The reason I went out was to make sure they weren't seeking refuge in one of our outbuildings.

been another warm day.I can't take a cool shower. The cold water is warm. Not slightly warm, either. 

• Like 3

I had no idea about that historical view switching from tea to coffee. Interesting but in the south sweet tea which for me is half sweet... it just rules the tables everywhere as what goes with anything.                                   Hope all you folks are having a good week I've gotten some things accomplished that I couldn't do for 2 years now. Now if only a sweet little place would pop up in my budget preferably in Western NC. I've got a couple calls in right now that I haven't heard back from. Should though, from the way I phrased them.

• Like 4

another warm one. They are beginning to talk about rain coming. I'm hoping they're right... but, I'm skeptical. We had a smattering of rain in May... that is not a good thing. My experience tells me we're in for a long, hot and dry summer.

Wife is supposed to be coming home Saturday. She's been in St.Louis for the last few days.... at a hospital. Her nephew had brain surgery.  All I know of his problem is that he is having seizures that can't be controlled by meds alone....cause -- they really don't seem to know. He's had a number of problems... I tend to think he was exposed to something while he was in the service.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, babadono said:

Tea with sugar in it? YUCK.

Yeah man That's the way it's always been. Some folks put a cup of sugar into two quarts of tea I put a scant half a cup into a gallon because I'm not that big into sweet stuff. Now pies yeah they're supposed to be sweet!

• Like 2

In "new" recipes, I tend to cut sugar down to half of what the recipe calls for.  

Sweet tea reminds me of flat coke.

It had to happen...

Kohler has a new toilet.. The Numi 2.0.  A computerized/"smart" toilet with personalized settings. I don't even want to know what "personalized settings" means.

and... it's not cheap. $11,500

https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/19/23510864/kohler-numi-smart-toilet-alexa-ces-2022

not affiliated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyhow, to add another “C”: cochlea.

Just got a set of hearing aids to compensate for DAAP (Deaf As A Post). Never realized how noisy I was just lurching about the house. Also I now understand what people on this forum have meant about reflected sound. Sounds like people are following me down the hall. The audiologist advised that most of his stereo heads listen without the aids for better fidelity. The DSP in the device has a limited range: 125-16k Hz. Have to do some research to find the specs on the driver.

But I may be able to use the hearing test results to develop a personalized program with my Xilica. But this must wait til fall/ winter after I retire and finish getting the snowbird house set up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Hearing aids?  Today's a bad day to discuss those things.  I'll just leave it at that. lol   By 1 tomorrow I'll be hearing a lil better in my left ear.  Maybe.  If not, it's time to find me an ear dude instead of someone that hangs 'em on your ears.

Christopher Lloyd My Favorite Martian GIF - Christopher Lloyd My Favorite Martian Antennae GIFs

😂

• Like 2

Eagles/Steely Dan info! 

https://consequence.net/2023/07/the-eagles-farewell-tour/

Next week they're on sale!  Vince Gill is out with them and Glenn Frey's son Decon is standing in for his dad.  There will not be another tour.  Perhaps something random but they're packin it up.  :)

RUMOR has it this song's on the playlist in honor of Glenn Frey 1948-2016.  One of his favorites.

Factor in Steely Dan opening?  Time to get off those gold cards.  :) 

• Like 2

LF two days gone to Australia and me and the dog are already bored as hell.  Too damn hot for outdoor activities and I think I've watched everything on Netflix and Amazon worth watching.  Anyone watch John Wick 4 before I spend $6.99?  Two Martinis down and it's yet to make it to 6pm.

Gonna be a long three weeks😕

• Like 5