Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I've heard that about the second shingles vax.

My wife warned me and suggested I get it another day, a Friday so I would have the weekend to get over it. The first one was easy. I've had five covid shots with no problem (other than the extra toe on each foot. 🤣 ).

• Haha 1

Morning folks, well I sure do feel a whole lot better except I'm just waiting to get my walking papers. I do not know if a stent was put in but it was on the list of possibilities and the paperwork prior to going in. What I've seen in the bowl does leave me to believe it's possible that the doc did put one in. Supposed to be freezing out there right now and then 76 Saturday 73 on Easter. So with the comings and goins that I'll post about in the what I got today thread soon will cover this whole week I'm sure! 

Again, I appreciate the thoughts. Set my way this past month, especially the folks that pm'd me about this. They might have got an earful in turn, sorry.  But would not now because I could tell you for the first time since February 17th at 2:00 a.m. I've got no physical pain!!

• Like 6

On 3/28/2024 at 10:08 AM, Dave1291 said:

@Marvel hope you're not getting what I have workin right now.  I FORCED myself to roll out this morning.

Thanks, Dave. I'm doing fine, was just a little wobbly at work yesterday, but we kept busy cleaning our office most of the day. Decided to unload/toss any computer over five years old. That means we took drives and memory out of about 20+ computers and have them in a bin for an electronics recycler to pick up. That included about a half dozen 6 core cpu boxes.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 10:08 AM, Dave1291 said:

Haven't had a shingles vac yet and prolly won't.  Might regret it but will see.

Dave, you WILL regret getting shingles.  Trust me, I've had it.  It's not something to fool with.  Get vaccinated.

D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Always thought that if you never had chicken pox, you are good. And that could be spread by contact especially when someone with an outbreak has skin contact with the shingle, less likely.

When saw the new vaxx, thinking some not as important. Just a corporate crusade to vaxx!?

Ask a trusted doctor @daveq291

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, billybob said:

Always thought that if you never had chicken pox, you are good. And that could be spread by contact especially when someone with an outbreak has skin contact with the shingle, less likely.

When saw the new vaxx, thinking some not as important. Just a corporate crusade to vaxx!?

Well, if you're one of the lucky few that haven't ever had chickenpox you might not need the vax.  Not sure, I'm not a doctor.  All I know is that if you HAVE had chickenpox, the virus is inside you.  It can lay dormant for decades (mine did), but when it attacks the nervous system, it is very painful.  It's not just about having an itchy rash, it's more about explosive pain.  Mine was on the back side of my head, behind my ear.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

My neighbor has internal shingles and it is very painful. He has had it for 8-9 months. A guy I took fishing said his mom had it the last 17 years of her life and had to wear a pain patch to sleep. My second shot wasn't really any different than the first.

I had it twice on my chest in my 20's and don't want to go thru that again.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Welllllll, guess that's gonna be on the to do list.  Thanks for the testimonials!   :)

8 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

@Tarheel and I had a good talk

Keep an eye on him.  He's kinda sneaky and realllll smmooooth.  Before ya know it he'll be rapin your wallet for lunch on a regular basis!   😂  💪

5 hours ago, billybob said:

Just a corporate crusade to vaxx!?

NO to the first and YES to the second. My doc and my pharmacist both said I should get vaxed.

I had almost everything before I was school age in 1955. My brother, three years older brought everything home from school. I think I got all the way to 8th grade or later before I was sick again.

• Like 2

I learned something today. I ejected that 8mm kidney stone without realizing it in that 2nd 2 am Saturday morning episode:unsure2: No wonder I've been like I have lately! No stent but I left boulders all the way from 40 miles north of VTech back home today

For anybody that realizes the tell-tale signs of having them? Drink Not from concentrate OJ. The particular type of Citric potassium in it does break the "garden variety" k-stones up.

I know it's difficult with all the bad oranges in it from the other hemisphere that put the awful taste in the $5 qt oj lgb. Think of it as what it is... a partial remedy for those darn rocks!

Ended up forcing it down and with the flowmax I'm better until the bills roll in!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Don´t want to miss it here , spend nice easter days , enjoy the pleasure of life , take care of your healthiness , enjoy the food and maybe a good whiskey, listen to some music, meet your families and friends .  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Don´t want to miss it here , spend nice easter days , enjoy the pleasure of life , take care of your healthiness , enjoy the food and maybe a good whiskey, listen to some music, meet your families and friends .  

Nice Buddy,

For the Holy Weekend or any other!

• Like 3

Paper Moon is one of my favorites of all time. A good movie just 90 minutes or so of good entertainment. I cannot stand movies today. They sell them as life changing events. Nah just occupying some free time for me. Overdone phony and the inclusion of politics makes me ill.

• Like 3

Beautiful day here 68 degrees, sunny, and a nice breeze.  Getting a few little items done.  Wish me well I'm going to lay off the booze for a bit to see if I notice a change in sleep/energy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3